The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 1st July - Trial Day 13, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think the trial will still be going next week? I can't go till then.

I don't know KJ.
But I hope for you that it is.
I think it would be great to be there for the closing argument from both sides.

What happens once the Prosecution are finished with cross? Can defence do rebuttal/redirect?

I believe from some posts here today that it is Allison's birthday. If that is correct, did he need her dead by July 1st- the date he told TM he would be a free man- so that he could claim more from the insurance? I don;t have life insurance myself so aren't aware of the aprticulars, but do they pay more say if you die at say 39 than what they would pay if you died at 40?

What happens once the Prosecution are finished with cross? Can defence do rebuttal/redirect?

After the last defence witness, the defence then closes their case and does their closing statement. Then the prosecution will do their closing statement. Then the judge gives instructions to the jury. The jury then retires to consider their verdict. That could take a few days as there is a lot of evidence to consider.

I believe from some posts here today that it is Allison's birthday. If that is correct, did he need her dead by July 1st- the date he told TM he would be a free man- so that he could claim more from the insurance? I don;t have life insurance myself so aren't aware of the aprticulars, but do they pay more say if you die at say 39 than what they would pay if you died at 40?

I don't imagine so, although not a expert. All I know is that my husbands and my life insurance are pretty similar, and there are no age barriers.

That is possible. Good thinking. I don't know if it would be substantially less though.

If he said she was wearing a jumper on the couch that night and she was found wearing a jumper is it possible they are one and the same and he just changed the pants to make it look like a walking outfit? A singlet with built in bra could just as easily be worn as a pajama top as on a walk, k even think moreso because if you were going outside I'd wonder if you'd wear a real bra as those built in ones often aren't real thick.

The jumper was found up around her head too. Is it possible he originally tried to take that off to swap that over but it got stuck and he gave up figuring it could work as a walking outfit and just changed the pants over to walking pants (easier). That if the jumper wasn't around the head on purpose to absorb blood.

I think they should press more on the clothes and if any are missing but also how he knows so well what she was wearing when he's vague on so many other details of that time period and he supposedly never saw her dressed for a walk that morning.

Since most the evidence is circumstantial they need to pick holes in his story. They're going really well and I was loving some parts of today but I don't know how much the jury need to not 'think' he did it but be sure.

After the last defence witness, the defence then closes their case and does their closing statement. Then the prosecution will do their closing statement. Then the judge gives instructions to the jury. The jury then retires to consider their verdict. That could take a few days as there is a lot of evidence to consider.

Thanks Alioop.

Oh wow - that's potentially even more disturbing. Altho I guess it depends on the policy. And he had a bigger deadline tho - the policy was going to expire if the bill (~$1000) didn't get paid within a few weeks (it was already overdue but they had arranged an extension).

"Mr BC, who has helped you in the commission of this murder, it is way too sophisticated for you to complete on your own, isn't it"?

"No one helped me,.... Errr I mean ummmmm......

Another version to answer:
I'm a salesman, very successfully for years; I'm an allround-husband (does even ironing and all the things, when his wife is throwing the money out the window at Spa); I'm the Blabla of the Chamber of Commerce; I'm the Principal of the Blabla School; not to forget I'm a man with many simultaneous relationships to women - of course I'm able to complete a murder by myself, um ah!

I was having a look back to posts when GBC was arrested and I came across this;

16 June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trooper
He must have undressed her and dressed her again.. interference with a corpse?

Then from xyzquestions
I was thinking that maybe her original clothes may have his blood on them? So IMO and purely speculation on my part, he may have got rid of them?

Trooper and xyzquestions have been around for a while, and so has the missing PJs discussion.

There was a lot of speculation way back as to what Allison may have been wearing but there's not been any mention of her actually wearing pyjamas. As far as I'm aware this didn't come up until the day one of Allison's daughters gave evidence in first week of trial.

June 12, 2014

She recalled seeing her father returning from the garage when she went to the kitchen for a glass of water about 10 minutes after going to bed and said her mother was watching TV in her pyjamas at the time

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...mans-scream-20140612-zs5o7.html#ixzz36CgXL7lk

Why did Bruce even go into much detail about the type of clothing that she was wearing? It was always going to be too much info for him to stuff up further down the track. He should have said he had no idea what she was wearing. This is very believable. I would only have vague idea of what my wife wears on any one day or night- even hours after seeing her. Most guys don't pay much attention to these minor details. Not Bruce though- he is all knowing.

I don't imagine so, although not a expert. All I know is that my husbands and my life insurance are pretty similar, and there are no age barriers.

Perhaps it was all for the beginning of the new financial year?

yes and in the first police interview he says "she has a singlet top.. um..." like he nearly says "she has a singlet top ON" and stops himself

to add to that he also said

Gerard: don't know where her pyjamas were. Her shoes were missing and a pair of leggings SHE WORE #badenclay

*brow lift!
...though a look at a proper transcript from today would be better to see if he said 'usually' or 'wears' in that answer.

Another very small slip?

I read some posters wondering why the Baden clays haven't called for Allison's 'real killer' to be found. I think it's to keep the suicide alternative open otherwise they admit they think she wouldn't have.

GBC didn't tell the police on the morning of 20 April that he was still in contact with Toni because he anticipated that Allison was going to walk back through the door.
What did he think? --- That the police were going to say good your back did you know Ger is still in contact with Toni.
Why did he tell them about the affair at all at that point?

I was wondering that today. I think it was Neuromancer who suggested to ingratiate himself with whom he took to be 'the boys'? Hence probably the revolting ****, shower and shave (the latter courtesy Edward Scissorhands) commentary too.

I also think to give the illusion of complete transparency, which he is trying to maintain to this very day.

Yeah, but having double checked my policy, in case I'm found under a bridge, ours doesn't change...

New financial year new partner?

Do you pay tax on life insurance money?

Why did Bruce even go into much detail about the type of clothing that she was wearing? It was always going to be too much info for him to stuff up further down the track. He should have said he had no idea what she was wearing. This is very believable. I would only have vague idea of what my wife wears on any one day or night- even hours after seeing her. Most guys don't pay much attention to these minor details. Not Bruce though- he is all knowing.

My take on it is that he wanted to ingratiate himself with the police, wanted to be described by them as 'helpful and concerned'

Same with his volunteering about the affair to the first-responding police. Maybe he figured it was better to volunteer and reap brownie-points early than be confronted with it down the track

Stress. Fear. Guilt. They turned him into blabber-mouth. And when his old advisor realised what a loose-cannon GBC was, the lawyers were called in, pronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998