The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 24th June - Trial Day 9, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr Guymer agreed he was shown other plant species by police, including grass and leaf fragments from a car, including the foot well, tyre tread and rear passenger side.

He said plants identified included melaleuca leaves and others.

Dr Guymer said he did a botanical survey of the area 50m below and above the Kholo Creek bridge and identified Chinese Elm and eucalypts in the distance.

He said he had a pair of binoculars with him and he walked around the creek, towards the Brisbane River and up towards Wirrabarra Rd and Little Ugly Creek.

He said he found none of the plants in that area.

Dr Guymer said he went to the scout camp off Bunya St but was also unable to find the plant species found on the body.

He told the court he also went to 593 Brookfield Rd at Brookfield on July 13, 2012.

“I observed from the property boundary and looked into the property,” he said.

The jury was shown a photo of the Baden-Clay house from the driveway.

Dr Guymer identified a Crepe Myrtle in the front yard and in another photo, Crepe Myrtle surrounding the boundary of the driveway as well as Fishbone Fern.

He also pointed out a Cat’s Claw Creeper plant.

Dr Guymer said he took a sample from the Crepe Myrtle and grew some cuttings from it.

He pointed out a Lilly Pilly in the garden near to the car port and driveway concreted area.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ing-wife-allison/story-fnihsrf2-1226964239691

I went to court today for the morning session and sat in the overflow room. I was late and just heard Bruce Flegg's last few answers.

I need to have a think about all I heard so I can report on it in more detail than the tweets. Hopefully I will be able to do that later this evening so please bear with me.

Dr Guymer pointed out a Cat’s Claw Creeper plant dangling down a steel post in the car port as well as some growing along the concrete in the same area.

The jury was shown a photo of the rear patio of the Baden-Clay house.

He said there was Fishbone Fern in the foreground and more Crepe Myrtles.

He said some leaf litter on the bricked area of the rear patio was made up of Crepe Myrtle leaves but also included some Fishbone Fern leaves.

Dr Guymer said there was also Cat’s Claw Creeper climbing the Crepe Myrtle in the rear patio area.

He said he found a number of Chinese Elm plants on the property, including one at the rear patio area.

Dr Guymer said the neighbouring church near to the Baden-Clay home had a number of Grey Gums and Blue Gums on it, roughly 15 to 20m away.

He said some of the photos were taken on July 19, 2012.

Dr Guymer said the four species found in Ms Baden-Clay’s hair were not located at Kholo Creek.

The trial adjourned until 10am Wednesday.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ing-wife-allison/story-fnihsrf2-1226964239691

Entwined and had to be cut out...oh my goodness...what did that man do to her?:rollercoaster:

The expert or GBC - what do you mean? :smile:
Allison must have been rolling on the ground outside, moving her head back and forth, in fight with GBC. Otherwise the leafs/bark may not have intertwined with her hair in such a way.
IMO

Thanks to everyone for keeping us up to date with re-tweets, helping us keep our sanity with welcome humour breaks...and special thanks to Dr Guymer for the renewed confidence in justice for Allison!!!!!! You rock, Doc!

Allison must have been rolling on the ground outside, moving her head back and forth, in fight with GBC. Otherwise the leafs/bark may not have intertwined with her hair in such a way.
IMO

omg, yes! What a horrible thought.

I think Allison has been dragged out through the back patio of the house, then down the slope and into the car. Which car and which carport was it in that the car was backed in. It makes sense to back the car in an put her body in, quite easy to conceal in the bewitching hours.

As From Germany has said though, the body must not have been in any bag, she must been dragged by her legs down that slope. How cruel and how undignified, most people would treat a dead animal with more respect.

Mr Christ agreed he knew Nigel Baden-Clay and received a call from him the day Ms Baden-Clay went missing.

“Nigel contacted me on that morning and was quite distraught, one because Allison was missing but he was also very concerned about the line of questioning from police so, in his words, `they are going after him’,” he said.

“He said he told him `look Nigel, just worry about finding Allison’ and he said something to the effect of `I’m really concerned’.

“I gave Nigel, I went to school with a lawyer, and I gave Nigel his number, he’s a long-term friend of mine and I gave Nigel his number and said you contact him … That person was Craig Thompson. He practises in Toowoomba.

3:16pm: Mr Baden-Clay's defence counsel Michael Byrne QC suggested the level of Zoloft in Mrs Baden-Clay's liver was substantially higher - in the order of 20 times higher - than what would be expected in a patient taking a prescribed dose.

Professor Drummer said blood collected from the liver in a decomposing body would likely contain elevated levels of the anti-depressant drug.

OMG this defence :banghead:

Science, kiddies - it works.

I think Allison has been dragged out through the back patio of the house, then down the slope and into the car. Which car and which carport was it in that the car was backed in. It makes sense to back the car in an put her body in, quite easy to conceal in the bewitching hours.

I hope this doesn't sound offensive, but GBC must be pretty weak if he had to drag Allison everywhere. :dunno:

It's just as well, it will probably do him in because she was contaminated with leaves and twigs from their yard, carport before taken to Kholo Ck. :please:

JMHO

IMO

That man = GBC. So sad to think of Allison's last moments of life :slap:

(RSBM)

Can't help but wonder - why on earth would he do that? :waitasec:

I was imagining him being a bit of a plant geek and thinking, "Ooh a crepe myrtle from Brookfield in Brisbane. Haven't got one of those in my collection" :)

And now I see I'm not the only one who thought that, lol.

The CM are doing a great job covering the trial IMO lots of detail in their reporting :)

Well done girls BROOKE BASKIN, KATE KYRIACOU :rocker:

This looks to me like it's the Crepe Myrtle tree on the left. April = autumn so there's very few leaves still on the tree.

Fishbone fern underneath the Crepe Myrtle....

article-2657052-1EB8BADB00000578-11_964x493.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...amily-home-four-days-Allison-disappeared.html

Now I'm just waiting to see how the defence is going to try and discredit Dr Guymer's evidence and expertise..... I know that's their job, but.....

Just waiting for:

Dr Guymer, can you state that it's 100% impossible for for leaves to be carried by the wind to Kholo Creek?

But Dr Guymer, you're not a forensic pathologist are you?

:banghead:

As From Germany has said though, the body must not have been in any bag, she must been dragged by her legs down that slope. How cruel and how undignified, most people would treat a dead animal with more respect.

My first thought was a dirty tarp out of the carport or environment, in which Allison had been wrapped. But I imagine, then the leafs/bark wouldn't be heavily intertwined with the hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998