The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 26th June - Trial Day 11, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 5s

Byrne says Gerard borrowed money from a friend and decided to take on partners in the real estate business. #badenclay

Byrne says one of those partners was Phil Broom. #badenclay

Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 31s
When Gerard found out 3rd child was a girl, he put Allison's psychiatrist on notice this could affect her. @9NewsBrisbane #badenclay

Elise Eyears ‏@eliseeyears 1m
Defence says Allison was excited about pregnancy and "things were looking up". #badenclay

Sarah Elks ‏@sarahelks 1m
Gerard #badenclay's first affair came when Allison was begging to give him a son. "There were no male Baden-Clays in the family."

BBM - what a crock! Maybe they knew the PREGNANCY would affect her, but this crap about having a son is just.....grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Why are they talking about what happened ten years ago when GBC said numerous times to the police she was fine?

And why the heck did it take his mother to refer Allison to a doctor? Even if you don't believe in depression if your wife fainted in get car wouldn't you take her to hospital? Such a loving and caring husband.

Also, I don't believe for one minute Allison never got angry and shouted at him re the affair. I am not one who gets angry often (obviously talking about GBC is a big exception) and certainly am not violent. But when I was in my early 20s and found out my long term boyfriend slept with someone else I was so angry I had to be restrained as I was kicking the living day lights out of his gammy knee.

you violent girl and his gammy knee at that oh dear:floorlaugh:

Leonie Mellor ‏@leoniemellor 1m

Byrne: Gerard "had ambitions" wanted more than one agency. Needed to expand. Took on partners. @abcnews #badenclay

Byrne says G #badenclay had an affair with Michelle Hammond, wasn't proud of himself "in fact he was ashamed of himself". @abcnews

The longer this opening statement takes the closer we get to the end of the day when the prosecution has 3 days to prepare for cross examination. And the defence is giving a very detailed summary to help them

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 31s

Byrne says at this time, Allison was throwing her energies into the children. Gerard thought this was great. #badenclay

Byrne says the downside was that Allison was often tired. #badenclay

Byrne says a third partner came on board in Gerard's business, Jocelyn Frost. #badenclay

Byrne says "in the context of that background" Gerard had an affair with Michelle Hammond.

When she needed help and support with something that was outside her control it's only natural you took off with someone else? There's so much i'd like to say here but if i do i'll lose track...

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 56s
When Allison desperately wanted a third child, a son, Gerard had his first affair. Byrne: he wasn't proud of himself. #badenclay @abcnews

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 46s
The downside was she was often exhausted - defence #badenclay

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 48s
After third child, "their relationship survived and things were going well". #badenclay @abcnews

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m
Home life was hectic, Allison was putting her energy into the children - defence #badenclay

So Gerard has an affair while Allison was pregnant, but the reason for her depression was the fact that she wouldn't be giving him a male 'heir' .. riiiiiiigggghhhhhttttt ....

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · now

Byrne says while the business was going well, the relationship was not. #badenclay

Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 23s
"Throughout this they maintained the outer image of a normal couple." This is before they had 3rd child. @9NewsBrisbane #badenclay

Elise Eyears ‏@eliseeyears 29s
Defence: communication was strained and their love was non-existent. #badenclay

Emmy Kubainski ‏@emmykubainski 30s
Defence says Baden-Clay maintained the image of being a normal, loving couple when it wasn't. @7NewsBrisbane #badenclay

Communication strained? just 10 min ago he was saying they spoke all the time, even proof of phonecalls..I can't get over the McDonalds..

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 54s
Gerard's real estate agency was doing well, took on business partners Phillip Broom and Jocelyn Frost #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 36s
Gerard was counselling his staff about their personal problems and issues, one was Toni McHugh - defence #badenclay

HUH?!

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 22s

Byrne says Gerard developed a "closeness" with colleague Toni McHugh which turned physical in 2008. #badenclay

My concern is not about him taking the stand. It could go either way I think. My concern is that the prosecution continues to be soft. I don't have a lot of confidence they will ask the hard questions. :(

Leonie Mellor ‏@leoniemellor 1m

Byrne: G #badenclay, Phil Broom had agreed to 50/50 split. Were listed in BRW top 100 fast starters. Jocelyn Frost brought in. @abcnews

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 16s

Byrne: Gerard doesn't shrink from this. He found himself being flattered, being acknowledged. #badenclay

Byrne says Gerard will acknowledge to the jury that he enjoyed the physical relationship. #badenclay

Byrne says Toni then decided to leave her partner. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 38s
By August 2008 it was physical. He doesn't shrink from this, won't say he's proud of it #badenclay

baloney! He's so proud of himself, makes me ill. :banghead:

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 36s
Gerard was counselling his staff about their personal problems and issues, one was Toni McHugh - defence #badenclay

HUH?!

I know....whaaaaaaat? Maybe thats what HE calls it....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member