The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 2nd July - Trial Day 14, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m

Dr Robertson: primary function of the medication is to improve mood #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 45s

Dr Robertson is discussing seratonin, a mood altering chemical in the brain. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 50s

Dr Robertson: Sertraline increases levels of serotonin in the brain #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 41s

Dr Robertson: once ingested it breaks down to metabolites #badenclay

Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 1m

Dr Robertson prepared a review of Allison's autopsy results, in particular focussing on levels of sertraline. @9NewsBrisbane #badenclay

Sarah Elks ‏@sarahelks 28s

Dr Michael Robertson is the next defence witness. #badenclay Mr Ward, from Khemistry, has been excused.

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 39s

Fuller says Mr Ward had no idea what area looked like in 2012 and there no markings on the footage to indicate where body was. #badenclay

It begins on 12 June 2014 and shows water rising and falling against the river beds #badenclay

2014 what's the point of that?

I think to try and show how
A. Her body could've gotten there
B. debris from plants could've gotten there

And that was a big fail!

No chance in the world those Crepe Myrtle leaves in Allison's hair came from Kholo!!

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 51s

Dr Robertson is talking about the levels of Sertraline in Allison's blood, stomach and liver. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 21s

Dr Robertson says the average levels of Sertraline for someone taking the drug would be .03 to .05mg per kg in the blood. #badenclay

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 42s

'I am offended' he says, of the questions #badenclay

While getting lunch I just realised how ludicrous and ineffectual this is - does he even stop to think that the whole point of this entire exercise, at huge taxpayers' and personal expense, is to make exactly this "offensive" assertation - that he did kill his wife :facepalm:

All those magazine articles which cite experts, advising that if you suspect your partner is having an affair, you're probably correct

NBC, OW, GBC, all recounting endlessly about Allison's depression

No wonder she was depressed. Her spouse had been having affairs throughout. Those who're having affairs are invariably distant from their partner, critical of their partner and generally uncaring of their partner

Allison picked up on what was going on, but most probably dismissed from her mind the possibility GBC was having one affair, let alone multiples. So she blamed herself. Told herself she expected too much, maybe. Told herself that GBC must consider her boring, unsexy, etc

Then, late in the day and after years of an unsatisfactory marriage and relationship, she learned a little of the truth. It would have been a body-blow, but at the same time, would have answered so many questions

I do not believe -- no, I do not -- that GBC had such a monumental sex drive. He's one of the most prissy, unsexy men I've observed. It's my belief GBC knew what a premium Allison would have placed on fidelity and sought to torture her by stealth. The reason being, in my opinion, that he's a gender-confused misogynist

As they say, if your partner cheats, it's not you -- it's them. They have inadequacies, problems

GBC seems to have spent his entire life trying to paper over his inadequacies. No doubt he imagines he's coming across as a real stud to the males in his life and to those in the jury and wider world

I'm furious

Just might be on to something there IMO.

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 26s

The level in blood taken from Allison was elevated, twelvefold #badenclay

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 25s

This is compared with somebody alive #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 47s

Dr Robertson says "relative to clinical numbers", Allison's reading was high at .059. #badenclay

While getting lunch I just realised how ludicrous and ineffectual this is - does he even stop to think that the whole point of this entire exercise, at huge taxpayers' and personal expense, is to make exactly this "offensive" assertation - that he did kill his wife :facepalm:

In his mind he has done nothing wrong.

Gospel according to "himself" is it was all Allison's fault he cheated on her, all her fault he's in the position he's in.

The judge is asking what the point of this comparison is, comparing Allison's result with someone who is alive. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 44s

Justice John Byrne asks if Dr Robertson is comparing to someone alive. He is. #badenclay

The defence is really clutching those straws to suggest the leaves washed into Allison's hair and just happened to be the same as the ones in her backyard. All but two types were in her yard I think. There are too many coincidences in his story. It doesn't add up. Does the jury have to consider the likelihood of these circumstantial things happening at once, or just each one on their own?

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 38s

Mr Robertson says drug concentrations can both increase and decrease after death. Drug concentrations redistribute. #badenclay

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 49s

Dr Robertson says he has studied the way these drugs behave after death #badenclay

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 55s

They can move from the liver to the blood for example #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 43s

Dr Robertson says there can be redistribution of the drug around the body after death #badenclay

Dr Robertson says studies have shown areas like legs are less susceptible to redistribution. #badenclay

We are getting an insight into Gerard Baden-Clay's character in these court procedings.
Allison was married to him for years, and had the children.
At some time, probably after the last child, she must have started to see what he was really like.
Then once she stopped looking for excuses and actually started too see the truth and saw how deceitful and heartless her husband was she would have seen through a lot of his other dishonest "explanations" also.
I think Allison had come to understand how bad her marriage was.
I wonder if she ever started to suspect their financial situation. We are expected to believe that Allison did not know about Gerard Baden-Clay's debts. I don't think Allison did know about his debts, his life outside their marriage was becoming known to her and that was bad enough.
We will never know if the argument when he killed her was about his critical financial situation. Gerard Baden-Clay seems to have been in a critical financial situation with no way out, compounded with multiple demanding girlfriends and it was all coming to a head.
Then his wife found out, Baden-Clay was dependent on Allison. Without Allison, Gerard Baden-Clay was nothing, just a womanising debt ridden compulsive spender.
But then his wife had found out, how much had she found out?? And what was she going to to about it??
We will never know because Allison Baden-Clay is dead!!

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 33s

Dr Robertson says studies show Sertraline doesn't move much 24 to 48 hours after death. #badenclay

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 35s

Dr Robertson says the drugs in Allison's system don't tend to move around in the 48 hours after death #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 11s
Gerard says no, they were self inflicted. It just didn't seem relevant. #badenclay

Correct- the scratches on your face weren't self inlicted...haha

What, you don't tell a doctor about an injury because it is self inflicted. Great logic.:jail:

A few interesting comments he's said so far.. still going through..

"Fuller: did you call Allison's friend Kerry-Anne Walker. Gerard: didn't anticipate Allison would have walked that far #badenclay"

I think Fuller should have said two things in this section of questioning. He should have pointed out that when someone is missing it's not just about where they could have walked but who they could have phoned, given she had her phone. Also when he said why did you not call her parents he said that he was busy with police Fuller could have said but why did you not call her parents BEFORE phoning the police in the first place. That's what most men would do, they'd think a woman would call her mum."

"Fuller: your dad came over, you and sister searched streets, why take the Captiva. Gerard: my car had been in an accident #badenclay"

Glad Fuller pointed out it was drivable and he had been driving it.

When asked why he didn't show the doctor all the other injuries Gerard said "Gerard says no, they were self inflicted. It just didn't seem relevant. "

So the ones he did show the doctor were NOT self inflicted then they were NOT caused by him with a razor? :)

I'm still reading to see whether Fuller caught that line and pointed that out.

It begins on 12 June 2014 and shows water rising and falling against the river beds #badenclay

2014 what's the point of that?
No point. Data from 12 June 2014 cannot be used to show tidal effects from 19-30 April 2012

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou
The judge is asking what the point of this comparison is, comparing Allison's result with someone who is alive. #badenclay

I reckon the judge has heard enough don't you...

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 55s

Dr Robertson says Allison's higher reading could be from redistribution or taking more of the drug. #badenclay

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 43s

It it might just be unusual #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 43s

Sertraline doesn't move much 24 to 48 hours after death - Dr Robertson #badenclay

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 36s

Or the sample might be contaminated in some way #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 38s

Dr Robertson says common adverse effects include anxiety, confusion, elevated temperature #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 49s

Dr Robertson says side effects from taking Sertraline could include anxiety, agitation, confusion, thermoregulation. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 35s

Dr Robertson says another is Seratonin Syndrome - unusual behaviours, elevation of body temperature. #badenclay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member