The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 2nd July - Trial Day 14, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 37s

Fuller starts by saying there was risk Toni could have called Gerard's phone night of 20th. He agrees #badenclay

respectfully snipped and my observations offered in bold. Although i'm not a veteran websleuther, i am a veteran crime watcher as i try to understand human behaviour. I think we had great breakthroughs yesterday that will stay in the minds of the jury. I'd better stop now, today's staring....
Well said....in mathematics we have proofs by contradiction which are just as important as straught out proofs. (Tried putting that in lay terms)

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 27s
Fuller says Gerard had set rules with Toni to make sure Allison didn't know they were communicating. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 55s
Fuller says Gerard did not tell police he had spoken to Toni the afternoon before he reported Allison missing. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 21s

Fuller: part of your subterfuge, set rules so Allison didn't find out you were in contact with Toni #badenclay

His personality (so convinced having working alongside similar people) would have insisted he take the stand..

I suspect you are right. It also occurs to me, if he is convicted, that he may appeal on the ground of counsel incompetence and say they shouldn't have put him on the stand! :floorlaugh:

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 27s
Gerard says it didn't enter his mind to tell police about his conversations with Toni. He says he just wanted to find Allison. #badenclay

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 33s

He went to bed confident that Toni would not try to reach him on his mobile #badenclay

aroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 1m

But he doubts that Toni would have tried to contact his wife #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 9s
Gerard says he told his family after someone in the media said they were running a story on his affair. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 29s
Fuller: At no stage after you dealt with police on the morning of the 20th did you disclose to your family about Toni McHugh. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 36s

Fuller: you didn't tell police about the conversations with Toni McHugh on the 19th. Gerard: no #badenclay

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 52s

So he did not see that as a risk when he went to bed without the phone #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 19s
Gerard says he told police about the affair, he didn't anticipate they would tell the media, "but they did". #badenclay

Their God may be all-forgiving, but I can't see them trusting him too much.
Doubt that God would be all forgiving here. JMO.
Murderers are addressed in the good book, and they don't escape lightly.

Also I believe it is written: God is not mocked.

Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 55s

#badenclay only told his family about affair when media approached him with the story. @9NewsBrisbane

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 49s

Fuller: when did you tell your family about affair with McHugh. Gerard: when media told me they would publish #badenclay

Uh oh - now he's blaming the police for telling the media about the affair, and the media for making him tell his family...!

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 17s
Gerard says he can't remember if he spoke to police after they'd spoken to Toni. #badenclay

Maybe this is where Fuller whips out Allison's blood-stained pyjamas that were found in NBC's garage, but the defence are objecting as they hadn't been notified?

Well, I can use my imagination at least... ;)

I was hoping he was changing his plea...

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 25s

He has confessed the affair to police and 'didn't anticipate' that police would tell the media #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 34s

Gerard: I spoke to police numerous occasions, asked every question asked #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 7s
Gerard says he answered that question. Says they asked him to provide a statement, his answer was no. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 32s
Gerard says he answered every question police asked. Fuller says he refused to give them a statement. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 19s
Gerard says he told police about the affair, he didn't anticipate they would tell the media, "but they did". #badenclay

Actually, GBC, the media already knew lol
ETA
You weren't exactly discreet

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 49s

Fuller: they asked you to make a formal statement, you did not #badenclay @couriermail

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 40s

He agrees that he refused to give police a formal statement #badenclay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members