The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 2nd July - Trial Day 14, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now having heard from GBC, NBC and OW.

[* Daughter came out for a glass of water and Allison is on the lounge. GBC coming up from garage, he is going to do the ironing./B]
Respectfully snipped.

I find it strange that Mother and Daughter didnt engage in a conversation at this point. a mother would instinctively ask if everything is ok if a child wakes etc.

Hahaha......we need all Brisbanite WS members to meet at a Maccas Cafe to dissect the whole case after the verdict guys! Would love to hear about the BROOKIE BALL.... LOL

We could all wear dark coloured clothing

Except GBC stated that he was making the lunches in the morning and then handed that task over to NBC. As someone pointed out, the lunch making seemed like a mammoth task for these two.

Probably if they were so tight on cash, a tuckshop lunch wasn't an option. They must have been running a pretty tight ship.

Would the police have been watching his movements in the period after she disappeared?

I do have to say thay I am impressed that the Defence team thought it good to bring in an "expert" to talk about Allison's depression when he had never met her and was obviously going on what the BCs said. And the straw clutching looks more desperate bringing in Ian Walton's mate too...... weird!!!

Sorry Marly OT. Justice for Jessie has been served ,hoping and praying the same for Allison

During sentencing submissions in May, prosecutors said Ms Wilson had left the White Horse Inn, Bolivar, with Airey in the hours before her murder.

When they arrived at Airey’s house, he struck Ms Wilson with a bat and, after she fought back by biting him, strangled her with an electrical cord .

Airey then dumped Ms Wilson’s body at Hillier, having removed her clothing to expose her body to the elements, and spent several days disposing of other evidence.

Members of the family audibly apologised as they retook their seats and Justice David ordered Airey serve a 25-year non-parole period.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...by-supreme-court/story-fni6uo1m-1226974824346

Listening to the prosecution today suggesting he smothered her, I am beginning to wonder along similar lines. Did she in fact go to bed and he has tried to smother her? She woke and put up a struggle, scratching him and causing the other injuries. He then dragged her outside to the car, collecting the leaves in her hair as he did so, and maybe causing her jumper to pull up around her head as it was when Allisons body was discovered.

Or the sweater used to muffle sounds?

12:44pm: Psychiatrist Dr Mark Schramm has been called to the witness box.

He reviewed Mrs Baden-Clay's medical records upon the request of the defence team. Dr Schramm chiefly works within the Queensland prison system but also has a private practice at Toowong.

His report was reviewed by Professor Diego De Leo, a suicidologist, based at Griffith University.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...y-14-week-4-20140702-3b76w.html#ixzz36H8uls00

As a Forensic Psychiatrist who has worked in the prison system, I would be interested to know what Dr. Schramm's professional opinion of the defendant would be if he was given the chance for a full diagnostic assessment.

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 41s

Dr Robertson agrees the levels of Sertraline in Allison's liver are not consistent with an acute overdose leading to death. #badenclay

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 20s

It is also difficult to die from a Zoloft overdose #badenclay

And so ends THAT theory.....NEXT!

So from the transcript link posted:

Mr Fuller: "Perhaps she grabbed at your clothing. Is that why you had that injury under your right shoulder. Why did you have that injury?"
Mr Baden-Clay: "I don't know."
Mr Fuller: "You have no idea?"
Mr Baden-Clay: "No."

So here he is saying he has NO IDEA how he got injuries on his body... but then earlier he said he didn't report them cos they were self-inflicted...

Would the police have been watching his movements in the period after she disappeared?

Positive.. I'm not sure if it was reported in the media? But they were apparently bugging the phones at his parents place where he was then staying. Thats why I don't think there would have been anyone go back to where her body was found to change pants or anything. TOO risky IMO.

As a Forensic Psychiatrist who has worked in the prison system, I would be interested to know what Dr. Schramm's professional opinion of the defendant would be if he was given the chance for a full diagnostic assessment.

I agree - I think they have asked the learned doctor to analyse the wrong person.

I was sad that the Prosecution did not ask him that?

So from the transcript link posted:

So here he is saying he has NO IDEA how he got injuries on his body... but then earlier he said he didn't report them cos they were self-inflicted...

He is all over the place. Compared to the minute detail he recalled about how many Toblerones he ate in Switzerland, what he and Allison had for dinner on their honeymoon and which local football team he cheered for in South America, it is laughable.

I have been saying that for a while now.....my original thought when she was found was either strangled or smothered given no noise......

Originally wasn't it all about the screams that were heard?
Now seemingly the teenage neighbours as she ran into a spiders web nearby that night.

it's logical to assume that Gerard is already being worked up by a forensic psychiatrist in the highly likely possibility of sentencing.. as in trying to determine if there are any mitigating factors in his psyche that would in some way affect the length of sentence, or even what prison he may be assigned to...

god help that bloke doing that job, because it's a wasp's nest of persistant psychosis,.... and who ever does that job will, by virtue of Gerards own claims, will never be able to sort out of he is being placated or if Gerald is informative.. never in a million years..

Originally wasn't it all about the screams that were heard?
Now seemingly the teenage neighbours as she ran into a spiders web nearby that night.
Yeh but growing up around those parts I did not really think the screams were relevant....which came out.....there were too many differing things with them

Won't go into why I thought that here....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member