The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 7th July - Trial Day 15

Discussion in 'Allison Baden-Clay of Australia' started by marlywings, Jun 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wewillgetyou

wewillgetyou Well-Known Member

I have in the past and nothing has been said. I think that's why we like people from here to be in the actual court so that none of that atmosphere is missed.

2. Freya1977

Freya1977 Well-Known Member

Yes I believe you can. Tweets reported groans from the gallery in some parts today!

3. tarjessi

tarjessi Former Member

It was and still is a terrible case...I can't ever forget it...

4. Freya1977

Was that in Australia, or should I not ask?

5. Thinking

Thinking New Member

6. Inspector

Inspector Member

7. tarjessi

tarjessi Former Member

I am going back through the rest of the comments from the defence today...yes the air of misogyny is very thick...just makes me so frustrated. GBC has to be convicted...

8. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

stand firm against it, Ane..... those words, under Gerards instructions are the dribblings of an incompetent man who will be in a locked cell for years.. stand firm against it..

9. tarjessi

tarjessi Former Member

It happened in Brisbane unfortunately - it was quite a few years ago now. I am only wary of saying things that might not be correct but there are still links to news stories about the case I believe. <modsnip>

10. Trooper

11. Snails

Snails New Member

I'm a court reporter in training. Actually I'm just an "out of towner" that found myself in Brisbane today with a few spare hours to spend in court today, and tomorrow too. More court reports coming your way. Wish I'd bought more sheets of A4 paper with me. Anyway, hopefully Alioop can answer my question re the payment of QC Bynes fees. Is it on legal aid?

12. marlywings

marlywings Former Member

That is fine to discuss thanks Anemone!

13. HoolyDooly

HoolyDooly New Member

14. Trooper

I remove Byrne from the equation.. he speaks under Gerards instruction.. it was laid on with a trowel.. I had to turn away from the texts at times, .. one can only take so much applied and determined misogyny per hour... and this wasn't subtle, either..

I know that many people will not believe me when I state, under oath, that for the first time I felt a twinge of empathy for Ms McHugh... I cant explain it, it probably wont last for long.. but there it is.. I did..

15. Freya1977

Ok that'd be good :)
    I like to read up on local cases I haven't heard of before!

16. MadDoc

MadDoc Member

She certainly seems to have dodged a bullet...well, not literally, but...you know what I mean.

17. tarjessi

tarjessi Former Member

As long as it was only brief and bought on by the overt misogyny...because she really should have figured out he wasn't honestly interested at some point within the 3 years they were having it off...yes he mislead her to an extent but she kept coming back. It's just sad and pathetic more than anything...

18. Her Honour

Her Honour New Member

I think the texpert found that the FaceTime call was a 'false positive' - I still don't understand how that happens, but we must assume it did not occur.

ETA oops sorry even when I speedread this thread continuously all day, it remains out in front of me like that elusive little bunny at the greyhound races!

19. FigTree

FigTree Well-Known Member

Regarding the Razor - I think even after GBC had handed the safety disposable razor in to the Police - he was still 'giving the misleading impression' that it was an old fashioned blade shaver he had cut himself with.
    He used the word 'shaver' to the Police - and to the Doctor (who testified) who had not seen the Razor.

Forensic Procedure Order: (DSC Cameron McLeod) -
    8. While speaking to the suspect I made observations of his face. On the right hand side cheek the defendant had distinct scratches which he stated were caused from using an old shaver.

Dr Kumar: 48th Witness: In re-examination by Crown prosecutor Danny Boyle, Dr Kumar said she interpreted that Baden-Clay told her he used an old-fashioned razor where you had to screw in the blade.
    She agreed she had since seen the disposable razor found in the Baden-Clay home.
    (*Busted GBC)

I think that GBC really didn't anticipate getting caught in his own web of deceipt again - I think he was trying it on the Police and the Doctor - until they wanted to see the 'shaver' that had done so much damage to his face.
    No where in the trial can I find GBC saying or calling it a shaver.
    I think he knew early in the piece he wasn't going to get away with old fashioned blunt bladed Shaver.

*my edit

20. BJsleuth

BJsleuth New Member

There was a fault in the software the police used to retrieve the information from the phone. They contacted the manufacturer of the software who confirmed it was in error. (Short answer) :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.