The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 8th July - Trial Day 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 32s

Fuller says Allison's body was left where it was to delay discovery. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 3s

Fuller is showing photographs that show someone would have to be standing on the edge of the ledge to see Allison's body. #badenclay

12:07pm Recap: Here is another excerpt from Mr Fuller's closing address ...

"On the surface to so many of these witnesses the Baden-Clays seemed like a perfect couple ... " Mr Fuller said.

"But it was just a facade.

"A facade which had been carried on for a long period of time.

"You might think that inwardly they were very different. Two desperately unhappy people for different reasons. One of them, a woman who had battled for years, for years, to keep her marriage together, despite being told perhaps the cruelest thing that a wife can ever hear from a husband, 'I don't love you'.

"And a man, who you might think, was just looking for a way out, living a double life.

"My friend can quite easily say, 'well the deception was really only the infidelity'. But was it?

"It is not the deception ... every day for the three years that Toni McHugh was with him in the office, when he went home for 'happy hour' to spend some time with his wife and children, to help Allison through that part of the day, to simply then slink back to be with Toni McHugh at night.

"To conduct an affair in an office where his father was working. And not for the first time. Let's go back to Michelle Hammond - the woman who worked at the agency next door. Not only his father worked with him at that time, but his mother. That shows you the level of deception.

"It shows you what this man is capable of doing. His level of bravado and confidence in what he can carry out and carry on. He simply presented a number of faces to a number of different people, right up until this evidence in this trial ...

"He cried when he told you about the first time he realised he was in love with Allison Baden-Clay, but just think about his reaction when I asked, 'when was the first time that you told her that you no longer loved her?'

"The Crown says that those roles contributed to the pressures that were building on him and culminated in his acts on the 19th and the early hours of the 20th of April 2012."

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...y-16-week-5-20140708-3bjkw.html#ixzz36q4p8fsy

Amee... there just isn't enough thanks for all the hard yakka you have done and are still doing with this tweeting relay.. a big hats off to you and Freya, Dr Sleuth, Prime, SamanthJ, Forensic... I know there are more who do it, I have a list going for registered thanks..

Trooper if there are thanks to go round......YOU have to be placed near the top of the list.....I have read your witty and incisive comments with much interest and amusement....thank YOU!!

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 32s

Fuller says Allison's body was left where it was to delay discovery. #badenclay

Fuller is showing photographs that show someone would have to be standing on the edge of the ledge to see Allison's body. #badenclay

Aggravating factor #1... first of about 15.

Sarah Elks ‏@sarahelks 1m
Prosecutor Fuller is showing jury photographs of different perspectives of where Allison's body lay under the bridge

Jessica van Vonderen ‏@jessvanvonderen 1m
Prosecutor says Allison #badenclay body was left at the creek to delay her discovery and delay the investigation @abcnews

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 16s

Fuller: Why do you have to distance yourself from the body? That's because you've killed somebody. #badenclay

Amee... there just isn't enough thanks for all the hard yakka you have done and are still doing with this tweeting relay.. a big hats off to you and Freya, Dr Sleuth, Prime, SamanthJ, Forensic... I know there are more who do it, I have a list going for registered thanks..

No Trooper, THANK YOU.

:loveyou::loveyou:

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 21s

Fuller asks the jury if they know anyone good at hiding things, covering their tracks. Someone who has lived a lie? #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 21s

Fuller asks the jury if they know anyone good at hiding things, covering their tracks. Someone who has lived a lie? #badenclay

ZING! Game set match right there alone.

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 59s
Gerard's parents Nigel and Elaine, sister Olivia Walton, brother Adam siting in the row behind him

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 49s

Fuller says Gerard corrected his evidence, saying it was his idea to put the tracking app on their phones. #badenclay

Fuller says Gerard claimed it was to give his wife peace of mind. #badenclay

Fuller says it was good peace of mind ... Gerard had kept on with the affair. #badenclay

Fuller says Gerard knew how to turn it off. He manipulated his way around it. #badenclay

Fuller says Gerard gave Allison his phone to check but just deleted the calls to his mistress. #badenclay

Fuller is back on Allison's body. Talking about the jumper wound around her head. #badenclay

Fuller on jumper: Which isn't her normal walking attire by the way. #badenclay

Fuller says Allison still has her rings on. Whoever killed her did not remove her wedding rings. #badenclay

Fuller says Allison has no ID, no money, no phone. #badenclay

Fuller says Gerard corrected his evidence, saying it was his idea to put the tracking app on their phones. #badenclay

Fuller says it was good peace of mind ... Gerard had kept on with the affair. #badenclay

Fuller says Gerard knew how to turn it off. He manipulated his way around it. #badenclay

Fuller says Gerard gave Allison his phone to check but just deleted the calls to his mistress. #badenclay

Fuller is back on Allison's body. Talking about the jumper wound around her head. #badenclay

Fuller says Allison still has her rings on. Whoever killed her did not remove her wedding rings. #badenclay

No keys for the house

Sarah Elks ‏@sarahelks 3m

Fuller says #badenclay was skilled at 'deception at its highest' in disguising his affairs with other women.

"To conduct an affair in an office where his father was working. And not for the first time. Let's go back to Michelle Hammond - the woman who worked at the agency next door. Not only his father worked with him at that time, but his mother. That shows you the level of deception.'

ha.. I'm not taking this as Nigelaine being deceived... I'm taking it as Nigelaine co-operating in the deception.. and while I'm at it, and because I never claimed to be Mother Theresa, not being a nice person and being a person soaked in cynicism, it must be excoriating agony for Nige and Elaine and Olivia to sit thru this , also.. bringing Gerard into sharp and ruthless focus and also their production of the Life of Gerard.. .. not a pleasant picture.

Fuller says two possible injuries to Allison, a bruise to her chest, a chip on her tooth. #badenclay

Fuller says Gerard had not seen a chip on Allison's tooth. #badenclay

Fuller says decomposition was consistent with death ten or eleven days earlier. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 24s

Fuller: Let's look at overdose. #badenclay

Leonie Mellor ‏@leoniemellor 35s

Fuller: chip on tooth and bruise on chest don't prove she was assaulted but are consistent with it. @abcnews #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 20s

Fuller says experts say level of drug not consistent with her death. #badenclay

Fuller says levels in stomach not consistent with having ingested any before death. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 14s

Fuller says death from sertraline toxicity is almost unheard of. #badenclay

Mr GBC, Mr Smarty Pants, doesn't know what a crime scene is?! Phfft!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Justice is coming