The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay - Trial Day 1 - 10th June, 2014-Week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amee View Post
Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 1m

Fuller: Later that night Olivia was talking to Allison. Olivia was to stay over the next night for children's sleepover. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 27s

Fuller: Olivia was the last person to speak to Allison before Gerard arrived home with the children. #badenclay

Allison's phone called OW on the 19th April at 8.28pm for 1.01mins.

Doesn't make sense if this call was made before GBC arrived back with kids. I thought they were back and in bed 6.30/7.00pm ?

Perhaps THIS very quick call was made on Allison's phone by GBC to get Ollivia over to look after the kids. He could have done the murder, put body in car and had an excuse that he was going to 'look' for her after she 'walked' out....He could have then gone to dump the body. Perhaps Olivia did not know at that stage. (I do believe she knows now)

Or....it was to set something else up....some one some time ago mentioned Skpe.

IMO

Does anyone apart from me think that he might get away with this?

Sincerely hope not - bit I just get that feeling he will.

As I have said before I am not a criminal lawyer but I did study it at uni many years ago and find it very interesting. I couldn't do it for a living that's for sure. So I am happy to help and it's a learning curve for me too as I don't have all the answers but usually can find them fairly quickly.

Thank you to All that have been posting updates today.

I have been through the entire Allison forum threads over many months and feel I know some of you posters from your words and thoughts.

I have been waiting like everyone else here for this trial to begin - very glad it is underway though there is much ugliness to come I think, in particular the children's side of things.

Kind Regards to you all

Nine News Brisbane ‏@9NewsBrisbane 2m
Gerard Baden-Clay’s parents support their son on day one of his murder trial. @TessaScott9 has the latest #9NewsAt6 pic.twitter.com/6hU3eGppvH

No surprise there.

NBC with lawyer.
A Couriermail pic from today morning can't be found.

Attachments

• parents-of-gerard-baden-clay-nigel-and-elaine-along-with-their-lawyer-peter-shields-left-arrive-.jpg
    parents-of-gerard-baden-clay-nigel-and-elaine-along-with-their-lawyer-peter-shields-left-arrive-.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 49

Nope!! But we have yet to hear all the evidence so we have to keep open minds like the jury.

2.55pm:

<Snipped>

Mr Fuller said Baden-Clay told the officers his wife was scheduled to have a ``15-minute session&#8217;&#8217; to explain her feelings the night before, which is why arrangements were made for the children to sleep elsewhere on April 19.

2.50pm: Prosecutor Todd Fuller said one of the Baden-Clay children saw their mother sitting watching television on the night of April 19, 2012.

He said the girls woke the following morning to news that their mother was not home.

Mr Fuller said the children&#8217;s father had an injury on his face and he told them he cut himself shaving.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/.../story-fnihsrf2-1226948779375?from=google_rss

BBM: UBM:

So here we are told firstly that Allison was due to have her 15 minute vent with GBC so they had made arrangements for the girls to sleep elsewhere on 19 April.

Then we are told that one of the girls apparently saw their mother sitting on the lounge watching television on the night of the 19 April. But hadn't they all gone to bed between 6:30pm and 7:00pm? Perhaps the girl who saw Allison had gotten up to go to the bathroom.

So confusing!

My understanding of all this is that the prosecution has simply presented to the court what is on record about the case. Basically what the police investigators have handed to the DPP, including the lies GBC has told them. The prosecution in turn will attempt to reveal both the lies and the truth as the trial progresses.

What we've read today is not Gospel IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amee View Post
Kate Kyriacou &#8207;@KateKyriacou 1m

Fuller: Later that night Olivia was talking to Allison. Olivia was to stay over the next night for children's sleepover. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou &#8207;@KateKyriacou 27s

Fuller: Olivia was the last person to speak to Allison before Gerard arrived home with the children. #badenclay

Doesn't make sense if this call was made before GBC arrived back with kids. I thought they were back and in bed 6.30/7.00pm ?

Perhaps THIS very quick call was made on Allison's phone by GBC to get Ollivia over to look after the kids. He could have done the murder, put body in car and had an excuse that he was going to 'look' for her after she 'walked' out....He could have then gone to dump the body. Perhaps Olivia did not know at that stage. (I do believe she knows now)

Or....it was to set something else up....some one some time ago mentioned Skpe.

IMO
Yes I have always felt that Allison may not have made that call just her phone.

Also I find the request for nines program schedule from 4pm interesting.
Given Allison had a hair appoint it could be assumed the children were picked up from school by family.

As sad as this sounds when my children were young the television dictated more than the clock.
After *** show it is bedtime.
I feel children would remember what was on television but maybe not be so aware of time.

I'm a bit confused by differences in the reporting, although both agree about the 4pm hairdresser appointment on the 19th April.

Courier Mail
- no mention of dinner on 19th with best friend
- Alison had "arranged for her daughters to sleep over at a friend&#8217;s house that night" but then...
- "one of the Baden-Clay children saw their mother sitting watching television on the night of April 19, 2012"

Brisbane Times
- "She then had dinner with her friend Kerrie-Anne Walker, while Mr Baden-Clay had dinner with his daughters and his parents and sister"
- "Once back home later that evening, Mr and Mrs Baden-Clay put their children to bed between 6.30pm and 7pm"

2.55pm:

<Snipped>

Mr Fuller said Baden-Clay told the officers his wife was scheduled to have a ``15-minute session’’ to explain her feelings the night before, which is why arrangements were made for the children to sleep elsewhere on April 19.

2.50pm: Prosecutor Todd Fuller said one of the Baden-Clay children saw their mother sitting watching television on the night of April 19, 2012.

He said the girls woke the following morning to news that their mother was not home.

Mr Fuller said the children’s father had an injury on his face and he told them he cut himself shaving.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/.../story-fnihsrf2-1226948779375?from=google_rss

BBM: UBM:

So here we are told firstly that Allison was due to have her 15 minute vent with GBC so they had made arrangements for the girls to sleep elsewhere on 19 April.

Then we are told that one of the girls apparently saw their mother sitting on the lounge watching television on the night of the 19 April. But hadn't they all gone to bed between 6:30pm and 7:00pm? Perhaps the girl who saw Allison had gotten up to go to the bathroom.

So confusing!

My understanding of all this is that the prosecution has simply presented to the court what is on record about the case. Basically what the police investigators have handed to the DPP, including the lies GBC has told them. The prosecution in turn will attempt reveal both the lies and the truth as the trial progresses.

What we've read today is not Gospel IMO.

Totally agree Makara

Hugs for Allisons girls, the Dickies and all of the loved ones that endured the pain of today. How lucky Allison was to have you all in her life. Xx

A big thankyou to Amee and Ozjen for the updates....also a thankyou to Alioop for answering questions and sharing her knowledge.
What a great job the moderators do too. All your work and time is appreciated.

This case reminds me of the Lacie P case which brought me to Websleuths and I have been here nearly every day since.
Even though I dont post much I read every word of what our wonderful members write. If Allisons family read here they will know what a great group of people you are and it would comfort them to know how many people care about Allison, her children and them.

Here's a spanner.......I agree royster they are only scratch marks from a little tiff. Circumstantial, doesn't mean he killed her. What if she did walk off & something dire happened to her? The crown has to prove otherwise. That's what really worries me!!
Positive, they've got something good on him because he remains in gaol. :)

As Alioop suggested, the defence need only sit back at this stage because the crown has to prove he did it.
If it isn't him, where's the murderer?

I'm a bit confused by differences in the reporting, although both agree about the 4pm hairdresser appointment on the 19th April.

Courier Mail
- no mention of dinner on 19th with best friend
- Alison had "arranged for her daughters to sleep over at a friend’s house that night" but then...
- "one of the Baden-Clay children saw their mother sitting watching television on the night of April 19, 2012"

Brisbane Times
- "She then had dinner with her friend Kerrie-Anne Walker, while Mr Baden-Clay had dinner with his daughters and his parents and sister"
- "Once back home later that evening, Mr and Mrs Baden-Clay put their children to bed between 6.30pm and 7pm"

Thanks brizzymum. Glad you picked on that also.

I still don't believe that the girls were at the Brookfield house that night. IMO GBC has lied about that just as he lied about Allison going for a walk. He gave five different versions about Allison's so called walk and IMO he has given different versions of where the girls were on the night of 19 April.

My mother always said a liar has to have a good memory.

A few things I am grappling with:-
So Allison leaves hairdresser at 6pm to have dinner with Kerryanne? How does she then get back in less than one hour to put kids to bed at 6:30 to 7pm? That seems a short meeting with a good friend?????
Olivia is the last person to speak with Allison - how can we put any credos into her recount of the conversation she had with her sister-in-law?
I really wouldn’t think GBC's razor testing for blood would be significant. Couldn’t he just hold it under the tap till all the gunk was cleaned out? Is that really something of significance?

Thanks brizzymum. Glad you picked on that also.

I still don't believe that the girls were at the Brookfield house that night. IMO GBC has lied about that just as he lied about Allison going for a walk. He gave five different versions about Allison's so called walk and IMO he has given different versions of where the girls were on the night of 19 April.

My mother always said a liar has to have a good memory.

Yes, agree, there's something not right here. Let's hope they explore this a lot more thoroughly as the trial progresses.

Getting as accurate a picture of that Thursday evening as possible is obviously crucial.

A circumstantial case is made up of lots of pieces of evidence that taken separately aren't enough to prove the charges, but taken together can be enough to prove beyond reasonable doubt.

So scratches by themselves don't prove murder but they may prove that he lied about getting them from a razor so why did he lie? And they happened at the same time that he notices his wife is missing? Then the evidence of a mistress who he has promised he will leave his wife for, desperate financial mess, and a catalyst of a 15 min vent session and him possibly telling Allison that Toni will be at the conference the next day! Her blood in the car, possible sightings that we are yet to hear about? All the pieces of evidence are together making the circumstantial case. I think it's a strong case.

I have always wondered if he will change his plea to manslaughter near the end of the trial if things are not going his way. We can only trust the jury to see the fact from the fiction.

I'm also under the impression that if an accused murderer pleads not guilty and then is found to be guilty by the jury, they get the maximum penalty. More lenient if they plead guilty in the early stages.

Alioop, please correct me if I am wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member