The Donner Family

Hi Michelle!

I too have always been facinated by this story...but then I really enjoy reading about the pioneers and history.

Several years ago my husband and I were at Lake Tahoe and went to the Donner museum...it is in Truckee, not far from North Lake. Anyway, it seems to me that at the museum it does not really talk about the Donner family in particular being the cannabals, but some of the others that were travelling in their group. I know that in several of the diaries/journals it is mentioned, but not even to the extent that has been talked about.

It is a beautiful area but still today when a blizzard comes through is very unforgiving!

lynie

lynie said:
Hi Michelle!

I too have always been facinated by this story...but then I really enjoy reading about the pioneers and history.

Several years ago my husband and I were at Lake Tahoe and went to the Donner museum...it is in Truckee, not far from North Lake. Anyway, it seems to me that at the museum it does not really talk about the Donner family in particular being the cannabals, but some of the others that were travelling in their group. I know that in several of the diaries/journals it is mentioned, but not even to the extent that has been talked about.

It is a beautiful area but still today when a blizzard comes through is very unforgiving!

lynie
ever since i was a kid i have been interested in this family and the whole thing surrounding them, i also read a book with there journals and all that stuff it was very interesting....

My half brother's paternal grandmother was a descendant of the Donner's. Her maiden name was Donner. I do not know all the details of the relationship but my sister is currently doing a lot of geneological research and, hopefully, she will figure it all out.

I often tease my brother when he expresses he is hungry by stepping back and saying "Don't look at me!". It depends on his mood whether he thinks it is funny or not. :cool:

Cypros said:
My half brother's paternal grandmother was a descendant of the Donner's. Her maiden name was Donner. I do not know all the details of the relationship but my sister is currently doing a lot of geneological research and, hopefully, she will figure it all out.

I often tease my brother when he expresses he is hungry by stepping back and saying "Don't look at me!". It depends on his mood whether he thinks it is funny or not. :cool:
lol..........yea i guess i wouldnt say that if he was really mad...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back