The doors and the brick...

Correct me if I am wrong, going on memory here. I recall Ron has made claims that he made sure he locked the door before he left for work and that he only used the door "Twice" since he had moved in to the MH. Misty had stated in her LVA test that they "Never" used the door. Later on when questioned again about it on the LVA test she had a different answer. That she only used the back door to "take out the trash" and vacuum the car. They must of had a lot of trash in that house if the door was not used often...then it was used twice.....then it was only used to clean the car and take out trash.

Wonder if Ron ever took out trash through the back door? His claims were that he only used it to clean the car. He did say when the time comes he would "Take Out The Trash" in an earlier interview.

So, we have both Ron and Misty claiming that back door was LOCKED. Misty stated no forced entry. LE stated no forced entry. Ron stated someone broke in.... But how? There was no forced entry.

Misty claims she locked the back door before she went to bed.

"snip" By: Gary Detman February 13, 2009

Croslin told detectives she felt certain she locked the door before going to bed. http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/...=131276&catid=3

MAD-

Are you able to copy the article? Those of us who don't subscribe to this paper, can't see the article....i guess it would be just as easy to subscribe though....

I don't have an account either. Sorry...I just snipped it from http://s2.excoboard.com/exco/thread.php?forumid=123974&threadid=2011638&page=1 again. I had saved it back in Feb from another site and that link is no longer working. But the above link does work, someone posted it this morning in another thread here. There are many articles on there as well.

Massive search targets woods, river in South Putnam for missing girl

Palatka Daily News BY LARRY SULLIVAN

February 10, 2009

SATSUMA - A young girl was reported missing, and possibly abducted, from her South Putnam County home early Tuesday.

The disappearance of 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings triggered a massive search on land, water and in the air as more than 130 officers from agencies across Northeast Florida responded to the Satsuma area.

"We would hope that she is safe," Detective John Merchant said Tuesday. "And we're hoping for the best outcome."

The nightmare began about 3 a.m.

Haleigh wasn't in bed. The back door of a blue double wide mobile home was open, and a blanket and sheets were scattered on the wooden ramp leading from the door.

Authorities said they were told Haleigh's father, Ronald, had just ended his shift at PDM Bridge in Palatka. His girlfriend, Misty C., said she had been sleeping next to Haleigh, but when she awoke, the blonde-haired girl was gone.

"She was sleeping right next to me," Croslin told the Daily News while distributing flyers bearing Haleigh's photo. "I can't believe I didn't hear anything."

A 911 call at 3:27 a.m. resulted in Putnam County sheriff's deputies being sent to the home, which is on a dirt road in the Hermit's Cove neighborhood.

By daybreak, a Child Abduction Regional Team response was implemented by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement at Putnam County's request. A nearly constant convoy of vehicles and personnel from a wide spectrum of agencies rolled into the otherwise quiet neighborhood.

A roadblock was set up on the only road out of the neighborhood and deputies thoroughly searched every vehicle that left.

Helicopters from Volusia County and the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission flew over the neighborhood and a section of the nearby St. Johns River. Those flights continued into Tuesday night.

Boats from the FWC and Jacksonville Sheriff's Office joined Putnam County deputies seeking clues from the river, while divers searched below the surface.

And, several search teams scoured woods adjacent to the Cummings home.

Some searchers were led by specially trained bloodhounds from the Tomoka Correctional Institution and nearly 30 workers at the state prison in East Palatka joined the effort.

Some officers rode all-terrain vehicles while others walked carefully side-by-side through brush hoping to find some sign of the missing child.

At the same time, authorities went door-to-door asking neighbors if they saw or heard anything that could help find Haleigh.

"Right now, our leads are minimal," Merchant said.

Haleigh's 4-year-old brother also was in the home Tuesday night, authorities said.

Haleigh does not have a history of wandering from home.

"That would be abnormal for the child," Merchant said.

Investigators questioned family members for much of Tuesday.

"We're adding to our dispatch staff to handle the calls," he said.

There are no plans at this time to bolster the ranks of searchers with volunteers from the general public Hardy said.

"We have what we consider to be adequate law enforcement resources at this point," he said.

Investigators are pursuing "several different angles" on the case, including the whereabouts of 44 registered sexual offenders who live within a five-mile radius of the Cummings home, Hardy said.

He said "less than 10" were registered sexual predators with a more serious past.

Hardy also said there were no signs of forced entry into the Cummings house.[/QUOTE]

:waitasec:Here is another article that states that "Ron Found Signs Of Forced Entry"
It also states that "LE Said, Haleigh's Bedroom Door Was Open When Misty Woke Up To Check On Her".

Now, I know the media got some ages wrong, times, and did mis-report somewhat. But this little tid bit about Misty going to check on Haleigh makes me wonder.
The fact that Ron claims he found signs of forced entry make me wonder as well. What did Ron find that LE didn't?
"Snip" http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/florida/news-article.aspx?storyid=130972&catid=4
Mr. Cummings said when he came home he found signs of forced entry to his home, but investigators with the Putnam County Sheriff's Office said they didn't find anything to suggest a break-in.

The sheriff's office said Haleigh's bedroom door was open when her father's girlfriend woke up to go check on her at about 3:45 a.m

Madjgnlaw.. In this video with GVS she claims she did not lock the back door.About 4:30 in the video...
Too too many LIES told by BOTH of them.. WHY oh WHY won't LE do something about this? JMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-z6jX8Xvmc

I agree Emeralgem.
I feel the reason the media has mis-reported so much is because these two keep changing there story. I to want to know how Ron knew what side of the bed Haleigh was sleeping on. He went on to tell GVS, how far Misty and Haleigh were and the side of the bed they were on. How would he know if he was at "Wurk"?
I am trying to hard to keep an open mind but it's hard when you have these two lying so much.

I agree Emeralgem.
I feel the reason the media has mis-reported so much is because these two keep changing there story. I to want to know how Ron knew what side of the bed Haleigh was sleeping on. He went on to tell GVS, how far Misty and Haleigh were and the side of the bed they were on. How would he know if he was at "Wurk"?
I am trying to hard to keep an open mind but it's hard when you have these two lying so much.

Unfortunately, and sadly the door to my open mind (concerning whether or not he was involved) was slammed shut within the first 72 hours after her disappearance... And he, himself, slammed it shut..... His actions left no doubt in my mind he was the one who was responsible for whatever it was/is that happened to Haleigh....JMO

:waitasec: I was looking for the blankets thread and couldn't find it. But this also talks about the back door, so I guess it will fit in here as well. Misty also said that she observed a blanket and sheets scattered on the wooden ramp leading from the door. I had asked about this a while back and was told that LE put the blanket and sheet out there to get Haleigh's scent. But if Misty claims it was there when she noticed the back door open, who put it there?

February 11, 2009

"Snip" http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/2009/02/haleigh-cummings.html

Misty Croslin also stated she observed that a rear door to the trailer was ajar and that a brick had been used to prop it open. Croslin further said that she observed a blanket and sheets scattered on the wooden ramp leading from the door."She's afraid of the dark," Cummings told First Coast News. "She didn't leave my house. Somebody came in my back door and stole my child while I was at work."

Correct me if I am wrong, going on memory here. I recall Ron has made claims that he made sure he locked the door before he left for work and that he only used the door "Twice" since he had moved in to the MH. Misty had stated in her LVA test that they "Never" used the door. Later on when questioned again about it on the LVA test she had a different answer. That she only used the back door to "take out the trash" and vacuum the car. They must of had a lot of trash in that house if the door was not used often...then it was used twice.....then it was only used to clean the car and take out trash.

Wonder if Ron ever took out trash through the back door? His claims were that he only used it to clean the car. He did say when the time comes he would "Take Out The Trash" in an earlier interview.

So, we have both Ron and Misty claiming that back door was LOCKED. Misty stated no forced entry. LE stated no forced entry. Ron stated someone broke in.... But how? There was no forced entry.

"Take the trash out" Isn't that the expression Ron used to describe what he'd do to the perpretators?

It could be possible that someone knew the family used the front door and wanted to take Haleigh out the back just in case Misty (if she really weren't home) or Ron came home. He might worry about running right into them. Someone who knew where the bricks were and knew the path to go down behind the trailer by the water. A person would want to prop the door in case Haleigh woke and grabbed the screen in a struggle. Maybe even a punier man would think ahead about carrying a sleeping child out and knew he'd have trouble with the screen and the angle of the ramp. I thought at the beginning that a woman would prop the door to take a child, but a punier smaller man might do the same. If the sheet and blankets were found on the ramp then maybe Haleigh woke and walked without screaming or crying if she knew the abductor. The dogs did go down by the water and a footprint was found.

It was my impression that the sheets and blanket were put out on the ramp for the search dogs to scent... they weren't there until the dogs were brought in. I may be wrong about that but I remember discussions about it last year.

It could be possible that someone knew the family used the front door and wanted to take Haleigh out the back just in case Misty (if she really weren't home) or Ron came home. He might worry about running right into them. Someone who knew where the bricks were and knew the path to go down behind the trailer by the water. A person would want to prop the door in case Haleigh woke and grabbed the screen in a struggle. Maybe even a punier man would think ahead about carrying a sleeping child out and knew he'd have trouble with the screen and the angle of the ramp. I thought at the beginning that a woman would prop the door to take a child, but a punier smaller man might do the same. If the sheet and blankets were found on the ramp then maybe Haleigh woke and walked without screaming or crying if she knew the abductor. The dogs did go down by the water and a footprint was found.

Both doors would be subject to being seen by anyone arriving at the home. The front screened porch offers the only chance of surreptitious entry into the MH.

Both doors would be subject to being seen by anyone arriving at the home. The front screened porch offers the only chance of surreptitious entry into the MH.

A vehicle pulling up in front could see the back door late at night? If Misty or Ron were at the front door about to come in they wouldn't see the back door or anyone escaping out of it until they got into the trailer.

IIRC . The back door is on the side of the house .

Was it a brick or a cinder block?

The only reason I can think of to keep a screen door open
is to bump lock the door.

Was it a brick or a cinder block?

The only reason I can think of to keep a screen door open
is to bump lock the door.

Beatrice, that screen door slammed, so perhaps they wanted to keep the door from slamming and waking up whoever was left sleeping inside. Another reason "they" knew the layout and the facts about the trailer. Someone knew it slammed. Also, someone carrying stuff out would want the door to be propped open but RC never reported anything stolen.....well except Haleigh.

There is a video of the door slamming shut. The inside door slowly creaked closed on it's own, but the outside door slammed. Where did that video go...

I know I would hear that darn door, in the middle of the dark night....heck yes I would hear that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo
Back