The Duct Tape Match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you read ALL of the last lot?

Ya can't have yer pudding if ya don't eat your meat!

:dance:

Exactly. HOW can you have any pudding if you don't eat your MEAT?

We don't need no edumacation. :)

The actual dump is soooo satisfying...much more so that trying to find skulls made from leaves!

I don't think it's possible to use duct tape and not get your fingerprints on it, so the speculation is whether they were destroyed by the elements, correct?

:dance:

Exactly. HOW can you have any pudding if you don't eat your MEAT?

We don't need no edumacation. :)

The actual dump is soooo satisfying...much more so that trying to find skulls made from leaves!
Yes, but we are now so addicted we are not satisfied with the fix we got just last week! Eventually we are going to have to make do with less of the Dump drug and even go cold turkey!

Maybe because once they send the report back then it must be turned over to the defense? If the FBI still has it and JB asks for it in court, the SA can say "we can't hand over something that we don't have yet", and "we have no authority over another agency"?
Maybe.

Sorry to disappoint all of you -- the tape is just the same type & is the most common in North America sold in just about every store. Anyone who buys duct tape would likely have it. Fibers were found on the three pieces of tape, and fibers were found on the tape on the gas can (not necessarily the same type), so all they have to do is compare the fibers on one to the other to see if they are are similar or different to really determine if they're from the same roll & have been in the same place, but they chose not to do this. Why? Because they won't match & they know it.

Sorry if I sound lame, but I'm confussed by this brand of Duct Tape and it being declared "the most common in NA..." I have never in my life heard of the brand name "HENKEL". 99% of the duct tape I purchase is "generic". The only "brand name" I've ever purchased was cleverly called "DUCK Tape".

If I understand correctly, this Henkel duct tape brand has their logo embossed on the tape? A logo plus info? Embossed on the exposed side? Sorry, but I am unfamilar with this...

How do you know that?

Duck tape IS Henkel.

Headquartered in a suburb of Cleveland, Ohio, Henkel Manco Inc. of Avon, Ohio is the largest duct tape manufacturer & supplier in America. Duck brand products are developed and marketed by Henkel Consumer Adhesives, Inc., a part of Henkel, a worldwide leader in adhesives.

"Henkel Manco Inc. of Avon, Ohio sells more duct tape than any other company in America" It is sold through Ace Hardware, Home Depot, Kmart, Lowes, Menards, Office Max, Rite Aid, Sam's Club, Sears, Staples, Target, True Value, Walmart, Winn-Dixie, Drug Mart, Pro Hardware, Meijer, Walgreens, Aubuchon, Office City, Giant Eagle, Marc's, Price Chopper, Safeway, Kroger, Shop Rite, Kinney's, Shopko, independent small stores, office supply companies, and many more."

http://duckproducts.com/where.asp

I think it was a Nancy that posted a brand of duct tape that Robt mentioned on their forum as to being the kind George used. Does anyone remember if that was Henkel brand?

I think it was a Nancy that posted a brand of duct tape that Robt mentioned on their forum as to being the kind George used. Does anyone remember if that was Henkel brand?

I did post about Rob Dick's internet posting about the Anthony family's alleged "favorite" brand of duct tape. He said it was Gorilla Tape-- http://www.gorillatape.com/tapes.aspx

I don't think it's related to/affiliated with the Henkel brand tape reportedly found with the remains, but that's just my guess after scanning the Gorilla website.

I did post about Rob Dick's internet posting about the Anthony family's alleged "favorite" brand of duct tape. He said it was Gorilla Tape-- http://www.gorillatape.com/tapes.aspx

I don't think it's related to/affiliated with the Henkel brand tape reportedly found with the remains, but that's just my guess after scanning the Gorilla website.

Thank-you Nancy. As soon as I seen the word Gorilla I remembered.

(bold above by me)

Gentle reminder. The duct tape on the gas can taken from the A's house was Henkel brand. The FBI said so. Logo and all.

(bold above by me)

Gentle reminder. The duct tape on the gas can taken from the A's house was Henkel brand. The FBI said so. Logo and all.

Right...I recall that. I just couldn't remember the brand Robt mentioned, and curious if it was the same. Thanks though.:)

Duck tape IS Henkel.

Headquartered in a suburb of Cleveland, Ohio, Henkel Manco Inc. of Avon, Ohio is the largest duct tape manufacturer & supplier in America. Duck brand products are developed and marketed by Henkel Consumer Adhesives, Inc., a part of Henkel, a worldwide leader in adhesives.

"Henkel Manco Inc. of Avon, Ohio sells more duct tape than any other company in America" It is sold through Ace Hardware, Home Depot, Kmart, Lowes, Menards, Office Max, Rite Aid, Sam's Club, Sears, Staples, Target, True Value, Walmart, Winn-Dixie, Drug Mart, Pro Hardware, Meijer, Walgreens, Aubuchon, Office City, Giant Eagle, Marc's, Price Chopper, Safeway, Kroger, Shop Rite, Kinney's, Shopko, independent small stores, office supply companies, and many more."

http://duckproducts.com/where.asp

Okay. Thanks for the post, but STILL, I have never NOTICED on ANY roll of duct tape, a black oval label with info printed every few inches. Very confussed. Is this suppossed to be noticable or hidden and obscure?

Okay. Thanks for the post, but STILL, I have never NOTICED on ANY roll of duct tape, a black oval label with info printed every few inches. Very confussed. Is this suppossed to be noticable or hidden and obscure?

Very common to have a surface print with the logo on duct tape. You also see this with packaging tapes i.e. for carton sealing. It is meant to be noticable.

Same here - I got my roll -- (walmart cheap) - nothing on it, I pulled off a length and held up to light and nothing. However, the cardboard roll it is wrapped on has all the info -- it has the black oval that says Henkel. I'm also confused on the tape -- didn't it (or did it) refer to the printing on the "backing" of the tape, and I thought I read where possibly the shiney part was eroded -- I need to read again, to figure out exactly where the heart residue was - can't figure it quite out. Maybe next doc dumps will clear the air.

Just the thought of duct tape over anyone's face is difficult to wrap my mind around, let alone a small child.

Same here - I got my roll -- (walmart cheap) - nothing on it, I pulled off a length and held up to light and nothing. However, the cardboard roll it is wrapped on has all the info -- it has the black oval that says Henkel. I'm also confused on the tape -- didn't it (or did it) refer to the printing on the "backing" of the tape, and I thought I read where possibly the shiney part was eroded -- I need to read again, to figure out exactly where the heart residue was - can't figure it quite out. Maybe next doc dumps will clear the air.

Well, low cost or value products generally won't have the surface printing as it adds cost. The cardboard core will have the logo, usage restictions, size, etc. printed in it. Sometimes, super low end products will be on a blank core.

I'm not sure what the confusion is about the heart residue. The printing is on the back side (non-sticky) side of the tape. The heart residue would be on top of that.

Very common to have a surface print with the logo on duct tape. You also see this with packaging tapes i.e. for carton sealing. It is meant to be noticable.

I'll have to look when I go out shopping tomorrow...I have never seen duct tape or packing tape with visible markings including the packing tape that is on my desk now.

Now, I may avoid tape that advertises...I don't know....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim