The Forensic Investigation

I wonder if AJ would have answered the door to Wes? Sure would like to know if he went to work that morning, then came back on his lunch hour? How much longer do we have to wait on the toxicology reports?

Good question!!! I have been trying to research the timeline for a Toxicology report, from what I have read online it takes approx 9 weeks. AJ was found April 9th - that would mean we should be seeing something from the Medical Examiner soon, if we are privy to it....

BTW what's the difference between a toxicology, autopsy and/or medical examiners report? Do we have any experts on the thread? Toxicology seems to be more focused on the chemicals found and /or how that might relate to the murder? All just thinking out loud - :) JMO.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autopsy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_toxicology

[/B]

Good question!!! I have been trying to research the timeline for a Toxicology report, from what I have read online it takes approx 9 weeks. AJ was found April 9th - that would mean we should be seeing something from the Medical Examiner soon, if we are privy to it....

BTW what's the difference between a toxicology, autopsy and/or medical examiners report? Do we have any experts on the thread? Toxicology seems to be more focused on the chemicals found and /or how that might relate to the murder? All just thinking out loud - :) JMO.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autopsy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_toxicology

A toxicology report is part of the medical examiners (autopsy) report. It is the blood/specimen exam sent out to the labs to run for special testing for drugs. IE: Illegal drugs, overdose of prescribed drugs, urine tests, any specimen blood, stomach contents etc.

http://www.forensicsciencesimplified.org/tox/how.html

Also regarding an autopsy - there is a gross examination report (ex. What is seen by looking at body), a microscopic examination (what is seen by microscopic examination of tissue), and a final diagnosis, which includes all findings, including gross exam, microscopic exam, toxicology reports, and anything else pertinent to the death of an individual.

I hope the forensic anthropologist was able to get answers, too.

Tox reports can take up to three months, even longer.
Though I don't understand why, really, especially for a likely murder victim, when cause of death may not be ascertained otherwise. Jmo

Though I don't understand why, really, especially for a likely murder victim, when cause of death may not be ascertained otherwise. Jmo

There was a statement made by a local VA msm journalist on twitter (someone has the link, I'm sure, it may even be in the msm thread up yonder?) that tox might take up to 9 weeks in this case. So until that's complete, we wait for COD.

I can believe neighbors didn't smell decomp from being out in the elements or maybe was what brought investigators there. JMO

JMO, but I sure many factors, including other cases, employee avail and also length of time some test may require. IIRC, some test are done same time with other cases.

339517-human-remains-found-as-investigators-search-for-missing-teen-452ef.jpg

http://interactives.wavy.com/photom...und-as-investigators-search-for-missing-teen/

I had initially felt that the deck I had seen in pictures previously, appeared to be under the car-port, and I had thought maybe LE/investigators had moved a deck from the back of the house, from where the double patio doors appear to be, and placed it under the car-port to continue their investigation on the backside of the house, but now after I see this pic, it appears to be this deck appears to belong where it was and appears to have NOT been moved there. Just thinking out loud and thought I'd share. JMO and I could be wrong, I'm just sharing my thoughts of what I see....

I can believe neighbors didn't smell decomp from being out in the elements or maybe was what brought investigators there. JMO

franklinhouse.jpg

This is the house, shown in google earth. Essentially, there are no "neighbors" the way we'd think of them on an average street such as AJ's home on Millard where the next house is just feet away on either side. Even if locals did smell something, being out in a wooded area like that they would naturally chalk it up to local wildlife/roadkill.

My bad-I have assumed the white structure is something LE put up for privacy.

I have been re reading some of the media reports and this one struck me because I didnt think there had been any determination regarding COD or Foul Play released by LE yet:

Norfolk, Va. – Norfolk Police have arrested Jennifer Hadsell, the mother of murdered teen Anjelica “AJ” Hadsell. She’s accused of buying alcohol for a minor. We now know it was Jennifer’s ex-husband, Zach Hoffer, who filed that charge over the weekend.

The fence always struck me as odd. Like it is there strictly to provide cover from the road. And it wasn't always there with the house. I believe it was erected sometime around 2009. It is tall but not enclosed, so wouldn't be much use as a garden fence.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2015-04-15 at 8.41.41 PM - Edited.png
    Screenshot 2015-04-15 at 8.41.41 PM - Edited.png
    540 KB · Views: 94
  • Crime scene d.jpg
    Crime scene d.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 94
  • Crime Scene c.jpg
    Crime Scene c.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 89
  • Screenshot 2015-04-15 at 7.52.52 PM - Edited.jpg
    Screenshot 2015-04-15 at 7.52.52 PM - Edited.jpg