The GPS

I haven't been reading closely, so this may have come up but the recent thread about the park clicked something in me when someone mentioned Elizabeth putting it in her GPS.

Is there a way to retrieve data from a GPS if the history has been cleared like you can do to a computer? I know that in a lot of cases where people have thought they've cleared stuff from their hard drives it's still been accessable later on but I'm not sure about a GPS. We have one but I don't drive so I am rarely the one using it. I do know that something we have looked up recently can be brought back up but we've never cleared it as far as I know so I don't know how the memory on it works.

I haven't been reading closely, so this may have come up but the recent thread about the park clicked something in me when someone mentioned Elizabeth putting it in her GPS.

Is there a way to retrieve data from a GPS if the history has been cleared like you can do to a computer? I know that in a lot of cases where people have thought they've cleared stuff from their hard drives it's still been accessable later on but I'm not sure about a GPS. We have one but I don't drive so I am rarely the one using it. I do know that something we have looked up recently can be brought back up but we've never cleared it as far as I know so I don't know how the memory on it works.

Good question. I have a Garmin so I will check it out. All of my saved places are still in there and I'm too lazy to remove the ones I plugged in that I will not be using again. I would really like to know if LE, the investigators or family know where EJ got the GPS. I saw an ad where someone was looking for a Garmin GPS on 12/11/09 on CL in EJ's area. I keep wondering if this was a friend helping EJ. I sent the tip in but would really like to know.

Us Texas girls must think alike. I mentioned the GPS because of the straight shot from the hotel to the park but I was also thinkng about any other evidence they may have because I was worried about relying on EJs journal alone and thought the GPS maybe backing up her story. You're right it was never cleared because as far as we know LE was still working on it.

Testing my garmin tonight, I went to "where to" - "near" - "a different city" -plugged in "San Antonio" - "points of interest" -"recreation" - "park/garden" I get a list of parks but rimkus park does not show up at all for SA, but....

When I plugged in Leon Valley TX, Rimkus Park pops up as the first park on the list. A possible coincidence.

It makes me wonder if the couple had a gps as well and searched this park out using Leon Valley and selected the first one on the list. But why Leon Valley?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back