The Grand Jury & Trial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible that the indictment is using a pseudonym for the minor's name and screen name?

ETA: Actually, this seems unlikely b/c then you would risk the media and public bothering someone who has nothing to do with the case.

I wonder if they warned the minor to delete all social media or at least change her name on them?

I don't think so because the web has been scrubbed of victim's photos. It's a pretty clean job.

Yes, if not now, when???

In cases where sexual crimes are also involved and intent is crystal-clear (i.e. the killer watched and enjoyed the death of victim). Think back to the Mallons conviction- rape of a minor and strangling. It was clear-cut. Upsetting as this case may be, it is not clear cut. That's why we're all jabbering about it on websleuths- because it's compelling and multifaceted.

Just checking back in after a long absence - very glad to hear the results of the trial! Convicted on all those counts - I don't think JRH is going to see the light of day anytime soon, if ever!

Convicted on what? Am I missing something? He was indicted but that's a long way from conviction I think.

I don't see Ross Harris claiming that an underage girl made him do it by her sending him *advertiser censored*, so he was just replicating and sending one back at her.

He is the adult and should know that it was illegal. Didn't he ever watch Dateline Predator?

Did he know she was underage?

Or, do WE know if he knew she was underage? It's really hard to tell these days.

If he didn't know she was underaged (i.e. she lied on her Kik birthdate account), then will he still be guilty? Any males out there, might I suggest you begin checking driver's licenses before hooking up with a girl. Problem is that it's hard to do that online. You rely on the girl/boy to be honest about their age.

Personally, I think there should be a legal punishment for minors who commit fraud on social media sites.

Did he know she was underage?

Or, do WE know if he knew she was underage? It's really hard to tell these days.

If he didn't know she was underaged (i.e. she lied on her Kik birthdate account), then will he still be guilty? Any males out there, might I suggest you begin checking driver's licenses before hooking up with a girl. Problem is that it's hard to do that online. You rely on the girl/boy to be honest about their age.

Personally, I think there should be a legal punishment for minors who commit fraud on social media sites.
BBM - You also rely on adults to not engage in this type of behaviour with girls/boys. I hope it wasn't your intent, but it sounds like you are blaming underage victims here. Even if he didn't know they were underage (which I highly doubt), it doesn't erase how sick it was of him to being doing that while his son was dying. :sick:

NOT GUILTY?! I don't know how Leanna can take his side in this, instead of her innocent son's. If "behind every great man, there is a great woman", what is behind every vile man?

Precious baby Cooper. I'm sure he didn't know what was going on and why he was all alone when he need help.

any idea when the next date for anything is or when the trial might be?

She was old enough to have sex legally (in the State of Georgia) but Federal Law says sexually explicit photos of individuals under 18 is illegal (for both, the minor that takes and sends them as well as the person that receives them, the minor is technically producing child *advertiser censored* the other is receiving it).

I think if she had not TOLD him she was underage he probably would have been okay, but as soon as she told him then he was knowingly breaking the law by exchanging and keeping explicit photos of her (and once he knew then he would be fair game for a prosecutor as a jury could easily convict).

She was old enough to have sex legally (in the State of Georgia) but Federal Law says sexually explicit photos of individuals under 18 is illegal (for both, the minor that takes and sends them as well as the person that receives them, the minor is technically producing child *advertiser censored* the other is receiving it).

I think if she had not TOLD him she was underage he probably would have been okay, but as soon as she told him then he was knowingly breaking the law by exchanging and keeping explicit photos of her (and once he knew then he would be fair game for a prosecutor as a jury could easily convict).

BBM

Do we know the girl told JRH that she was underage? I don't remember reading that she did. JMO.

BBM

Do we know the girl told JRH that she was underage? I don't remember reading that she did. JMO.

I remember reading that he researched age of consent in GA in relation to this girl so he knew she was under 18.

I remember reading that he researched age of consent in GA in relation to this girl so he knew she was under 18.

Thanks. So we don't know if she told him her age but JRH probably had an idea that she was underage. JMO.

I just have to be judgmental once in a while, and I've decided to make this one of those times. I've been told as far as "jail bait" is concerned, ignorance is no defense. I've never understood why that's such a big problem for so many people (not just men sleep with underage partners). If you don't know someone well enough to know their real age, do you know them well enough to sleep with them? (or in this case exchange the photos they did.) MOO

I just have to be judgmental once in a while, and I've decided to make this one of those times. I've been told as far as "jail bait" is concerned, ignorance is no defense. I've never understood why that's such a big problem for so many people (not just men sleep with underage partners). If you don't know someone well enough to know their real age, do you know them well enough to sleep with them? (or in this case exchange the photos they did.) MOO

I'm 53 years old and when I was a young man, claiming ignorance of the true age of young females wasn't considered to be a valid excuse for over 18 males to have physical contact with underage girls.

You could get in trouble and everyone my age knew it. I guess people just don't care about that anymore. JMO.

"Your honor, we would like all evidence in this case to be dismissed."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member