The Grand Jury & Trial

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this one is streamed. Trial watching is so educational and addictive.

I watched the Andrea Sneiderman trial live streamed from Atlanta so I assume that will be the case with Harris, as his preliminary was.

I think that only tells us that it is possible to livestream trials in Georgia. I have no doubt that the local news channels will have livestreams, but national? Who knows? I do not think the trial is going to be as big as people predicted back in July. If I am correct, I think the fact that it is January and the case is known as "hot car dad" is going to be the biggest reason. I expect that we will have a better idea next week of how much coverage there will be. However, the proximity of CNN/HLN to the trial location makes me think there is still a possibility they will livestream it. I think it is normal for cases to get a lot of attention when they happen, but for the trial, to be more of a local story.

The jury selection for the Boston Bomber trial is Monday. That trial might overshadow JRH's trial.

As the Jan. 12 scheduled start date for Harris’ trial looms closer, Marietta defense attorneys say Kilgore might not have enough time to prepare, so the case could be pushed back.

Philip Holloway, a Marietta defense attorney, said it’s almost impossible the trial will actually start when it is scheduled because of the complexity of the case.

Holloway said every case is scheduled as soon as possible on a judge’s calendar, but more complex cases can be delayed at the discretion of the judge.

Murder cases Holloway has defended in the past have been delayed 10 to 15 months, he said.

http://mdjonline.com/view/full_stor...?instance=secondary_story_bullets_left_column

I have a friend who is local to the case that is saying there is not enough evidence for a conviction??

I have a friend who is local to the case that is saying there is not enough evidence for a conviction??

There are 8 counts against him, which one is your friend not thinking enough for a conviction? Does being local give your friend more insight than others?

I think they had enough evidence for a conviction the moment this guy opened his mouth and started his cover story. I am still waiting for the "sex addiction made me do it" defense. IMVHO, the DT asked for the evidence list at the last possible moment in order to delay as long as possible...I suspect this is a theme we will see for the duration. I dont know GA law well enough to know how long the judge will have to put up with it.

Honora Gathings
‏@Honora3340
Justin Ross Harris' trial won't start today. He's accused of leaving his son in a hot car in Atlanta this summer.

https://twitter.com/Honora3340/status/554685986601730048

Trial Queen Sharee
‏@TrialQnSharee
Per court in #JustinRossHarris case it's not on calendar 4 jury selection today and will be awhile before trial begins #Delayed #RossHarris

https://twitter.com/TrialQnSharee/status/554672111826894848

Justice for Cooper may be delayed, but I have faith that it is coming.

I look daily for anything new. Today I decided to venture over to twitter and type in Justin Harris, which I am not a twitter user but thought maybe something new was up. Thank goodness my kids were not around me, I was unaware that unappropriated pictures would pop up. My last time every searching on there, I will stick to links people post.

Anyone have any idea when this case will start moving?

Look for post #800 in the Small Details thread - has an article that says Fall 2015.

I apologize if this is a 'dumb' question, but why is Ross not bondable? If someone is innoncent until proven guilty and if he doesn't pose a threat to society or pose a flight risk, I don't understand why he has to sit in jail for a year or more.

I apologize if this is a 'dumb' question, but why is Ross not bondable? If someone is innoncent until proven guilty and if he doesn't pose a threat to society or pose a flight risk, I don't understand why he has to sit in jail for a year or more.

Good question They let the Moorers out.

My personal opinion is the judge deemed him not bondable when he heard the testimony about the obvious odor of decomposition in the car.

Legally speaking, I think it was the evidence of him living a double life that means he is potentially a flight risk, because if he planned the crime, he may have planned an escape too. But again that is my guess.

I think the fact that he has the ability to commit crimes through technology alone is probably pretty high on the list. He could find a way to the internet and solicit other girls. And I think the evidence shows he has no self control. I think what came out in front of the judge, was this is a guy who can make people believe he's something he's not, and do whatever he wants under that guise. The spotlight is definitely on him so it would be hard, but he seems like a really risky person to let out IMO.

In a motion filed Monday in Cobb County Superior Court, the state argues that it wants to limit the release of information because of the pretrial publicity surrounding the case, as well as the number of Open Records Requests filed. Prosecutors are afraid both points could have an impact on potential jurors.

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/l...15/02/18/harris-hearing-february-18/23604895/

Channel 2 Action News and others have made open record requests for information in the case.

Cobb prosecutors said someone is threatening to sue if that person doesn't get the medical examiner's report.

In the same article:

At the state Capitol Wednesday lawmakers heard about a bill that would stiffen penalties for adults who leave children alone in cars.
“I want it to be a felony every time you leave that child, especially if something happens to it,” James said.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/cobb-prosecutors-ask-judge-order-seal-information-/nkDfG/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member