The Hospital Band

I will try to remember to look at my son's hospital band tonight to see what info is on it. I have kept SO much stuff, I hope I can find it quickly. LOL.

Could something or someone have spooked her that morning of the 27th, causing her to just ditch most everything and run?

It seems like this whole thing was pretty well planned up until the morning of the 27th, when EJ ditches everything in her hotel room, ditches the car and a few more things, leaves the car directly across from the bus route she uses, has to kill time just waiting for three (?) hours and then is picked up within days at her destination...
If there was a plan, it sure fell apart that day. IMO. I think the band was just part of that, if she did have special plans, she forgot them when it was time to just grab and go.
(above bolding by smart blonde)...

I think that killing her baby in a fit of frustration and rage would have spooked her alot. It would also cause her to change the plans she had, that had brought her to San Antonio to begin with.

I believe that is was killing Gabriel, as she notified Logan, that made her leave so abruptly, abandon her car, and go 'on the run'.

You can only hope to give a baby up for adoption if he is still alive.

Could something or someone have spooked her that morning of the 27th, causing her to just ditch most everything and run?

It seems like this whole thing was pretty well planned up until the morning of the 27th, when EJ ditches everything in her hotel room, ditches the car and a few more things, leaves the car directly across from the bus route she uses, has to kill time just waiting for three (?) hours and then is picked up within days at her destination...
If there was a plan, it sure fell apart that day. IMO. I think the band was just part of that, if she did have special plans, she forgot them when it was time to just grab and go.

Yes indeed. The 27th was a Sunday, and that morning, at 9 or 9:30 I believe, is when Logan's next joint custody was due to begin.

Remember all the interviews of Tammi and Jack and them saying that they and Janet and the attorney were all telling Eliz to come back? I would not be surprised if Tammi's attorney, who Tammi had talk to Eliz on Dec 26, told Eliz that if she did not hand over Gabe to Logan the morning of the 27th, she was in even deeper doodoo legally.

That pressure and knowledge would cause a person to up and run. Particularly if they had just given away their baby. She had to get out of town fast.

Yes indeed. The 27th was a Sunday, and that morning, at 9 or 9:30 I believe, is when Logan's next joint custody was due to begin.

Remember all the interviews of Tammi and Jack and them saying that they and Janet and the attorney were all telling Eliz to come back? I would not be surprised if Tammi's attorney, who Tammi had talk to Eliz on Dec 26, told Eliz that if she did not hand over Gabe to Logan the morning of the 27th, she was in even deeper doodoo legally.

That pressure and knowledge would cause a person to up and run. Particularly if they had just given away their baby. She had to get out of town fast.
(above bolding by smart blonde)

That kind of pressure and knowledge may have been the very thing that caused an already emotionally-unstable, prone-to-violent-fits Elizabeth into a rage of frustration that caused her to kill baby Gabriel.

I truly think that Tammi telling Elizabeth that she needed to bring Gabriel back to Phoenix, and deal with the court system in Phoenix, is what was the 'straw that broke the camel's back'.

I think this is what sent Elizabeth into the violent rage that caused her to kill Gabriel, just as she told Logan she did.

Then, she abandoned her car, and was on the run.

(above bolding by smart blonde)

That kind of pressure and knowledge may have been the very thing that caused an already emotionally-unstable, prone-to-violent-fits Elizabeth into a rage of frustration that caused her to kill baby Gabriel.

I truly think that Tammi telling Elizabeth that she needed to bring Gabriel back to Phoenix, and deal with the court system in Phoenix, is what was the 'straw that broke the camel's back'.

I think this is what sent Elizabeth into the violent rage that caused her to kill Gabriel, just as she told Logan she did.

Then, she abandoned her car, and was on the run.

That is a distinct possibility.

This is just IMO, but I really don't think the hospital band was to give any info to the people who may have taken Gabe (I REFUSE to call them adoptive parents etc.).
I just can't see any way in which anyone could have thought this was a legal adoption, and I really don't think any of them wasted any time with formalities that in the scheme of things really wouldn't matter.

Mother's name only on mine! My instincts, FWIW, still register the left band as being abandoned by the adoptive parents. It feels to me like EJ might have brought it to prove her own bio status and offered it to the potential adoptive parents who had no want or need for it. If she had killed Gabriel, certainly the room, car or carseat would have sometrace of it.

This is just IMO, but I really don't think the hospital band was to give any info to the people who may have taken Gabe (I REFUSE to call them adoptive parents etc.).
I just can't see any way in which anyone could have thought this was a legal adoption, and I really don't think any of them wasted any time with formalities that in the scheme of things really wouldn't matter.
That's why I'm not putting too much importance on it. Who involved in an illegal adoption would even care about the hospital band? If Gabriel is still alive, he's probably known now by another name and has a fake birth certificate. The discarded band could be something as simple as it was just amongst his things and like everything else, left behind. Or worst case scenario it was in the diaper bag and she sure wouldn't want it left there...:( MOO

I too believe the hospital band was left behind for the 'new parents' to take with them or leave behind. I think Elizabeth also left Gabriel behind in that hotelroom, then went to her car, sat in it for 10 minutes before heading to the busdepot to board a bus 3 hs later.
And while I do not think Gabriel was left behind in that hotelroom alone, I question if the 'couple/or person/s' who ultimately took Gabriel, had access to that room and all of his belongings.
They simply took what mattered to them and the hospital band was not important <to them>
And I agree with you, chell, when you say there is no trace of violence in the car, in the hotelroom or the carseat. But then again, we don't know that for sure or do we?
My guess is that 'the couple' probably took the green missing diaperbag along with them, perhaps packed the formula, the medication, the sippycup, that sort of thing.
It's missing just like gabriel is. But not because Gabriel is in it ( UGH!!) but because it's more convenient to have a diaperbag when traveling with a baby.
And with that I do not think Elizabeth killed her baby. No need to travel so many miles, hide out in a hotelroom with a butcherknife and then bolt. Doesn't add up for me.

JMO of course =)

if she killed him I don't think it was planned, i think she snapped so it wouldn't have matter how far she traveled, if she hired sitters because she cared, etc. I think it would have been a rage moment and she snapped.

if she killed him I don't think it was planned, i think she snapped so it wouldn't have matter how far she traveled, if she hired sitters because she cared, etc. I think it would have been a rage moment and she snapped.
I agree. I believe she went there to adopt him out, but it could be that didn't go through, she was frustrated, couldn't go back to AZ, didn't want him any longer, etc. MOO

If Logan's name was on the Birth Certificate, she probably said she lost it. She may have taken the hospital band to prove she was his mother.

On the other hand, she may have been sitting there (in SA) for days waiting for the right coordinated meeting to take place. Perhaps the adoptive parents were late or couldn't arrive in SA due to holidays, weather etc. or needed more time to raise money. By the time the hand-off was executed, perhaps EJ was running late for her next stage of the plan especially if it involved getting to a hostel in Florida prior a hard departure time for leaving the country. Do we know what EJ's stated travel plans were when she checked in at the hostel? I know the hostel was only supposed to be for travelers planning to leave the country.

As for not wanting to know where the Ss lived, I think she must have suspected she might have a change of heart. In all of this, I keep wondering if originally she really wanted to adopt out G because she knew she wasn't capable of handling the full-time job of mothering, especially if she was experiencing PPD. LM resisting the idea might have felt to her as if he was in effect trumping her and forcing her to remain in a situation that she felt was unbearable. If she was experiencing PPD and was left with the baby each day as LM went to work, she understandably could have felt scared and even angry. Not that it's ok but maybe her desparation to get this adoption done wasn't just to screw LM. Is it possible she was simply frantic to get some relief from a situation she didn't know how to handle. And knowing LM would not consent pushed her to explore a different course of action. Of course, LM got full custody anyway so she would have gotten relief but by the time that happened her fate was already pretty sealed...she was in a legal mess, with PPD, without a job, living in a trailer taht was trashed in an argument and in a failed relationship.

Were EJ and LM in a fairly strong relationship until the baby was born? If so, it seems like the post partum dep could have been responsible for alot of her failure to tend to her little baby as well as her exagerated agressiveness in arguments. I don't mean to mind their personal business but if he or she had moved on to other people that would explain some of the rage she felt--not the actions she took with that rage, but definitely her feelings of betrayal.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase
Back