The Innocence Project and Darlie Routier

Mod Note:

VERIFIED PROFESSIONALS and CASE INSIDERS

We are lucky enough to have posters from all walks of life with a broad spectrum of expertise. Some hold specialized knowledge that applies to the various circumstances of the cases we discuss, and can contribute valuable insight and information. We welcome their participation.

To ensure that anyone posting as a "professional" in a specific field truly is what/who they claim to be, WS employs a verification process.

The verification process also applies to "case insiders". Relatives, friends, and others personally acquainted with a victim or a suspect; or a professional working on behalf of a victim or the family, (i.e., a private investigator), can submit a request to be verified as a "case insider".

If you would like to become verified, please contact WS Administration at wsverify@yahoo.com with your Websleuths name, your real name, the case, a telephone number, and the times when you can be reached.

If you are a "professional" or "case insider", but would prefer not to be verified, please understand that you will be required to follow the general rules for posting, and back up your statements with links to appropriate sources.

NOTE: Websleuths does not condone members becoming personally involved in cases by initiating contact with family members, case players, law enforcement, or the media. This does not preclude responding to a request for volunteers, or utilizing proper channels to report valid information, i.e., "a tip", to law enforcement.

Rules - Etiquette & Information

The police failed Damon and Devon in so many ways. I believe Darlie is innocent %100. Not sure why the police didn't suspect Darin when he was asking around for people who could burglarize his house a few months before the murders??!! I mean everything the police investigated about the entry point was terrible. The hair that was assumed to be Darlie's and turned out to be a police officers? the fact the entry point was determined to have been cut with a bread knife (as fiber glass was found on the knife) from inside the house and then later the bread knife was found to have fiberglass particles from the police and it was determined the screen was cut from the outside. the non-existent disturbed mulch under the window.... I could go on and on. An innocent woman is on death row for a crime she was also a victim of. How could she know where her carotid artery was and how could she cut herself that deep? Don't even get me started on the knives found nearby the Routier house hold that were seen by police but they weren't collected or even photographed. So so disappointed.

I don't know, the site is a little confusing. Melissa Lucio isn't listed either although there are articles about her on the site. I wonder if the IP's mission statement has broadened to include cases other than DNA exonerations?

And as for what's been DNA tested per the motion in Darlie's case there's no news so either nothing's been tested yet or else results aren't revealing anything which exonerates Darlie. It seems to be a combination of retesting the DNA of some items and testing of other swabs and cuttings, including the knife and window screen. I can't cut and paste the list but it's on pages 1-3 of the 9/30/2021 order. I'll post the link again for any who missed it: Reference case number F9639973
https://obpublicaccess.dallascounty.org/PublicAccessEP1/CriminalCourts/

*Also, entering F9639972 lists early (1996+) court docs.

I agree with you that Darlie's own testimony, lies and story changing helped convict her. Many people believe it was simply the silly string event that turned the jury against her but those who read all the case files know better IMO.
I think it was also partly because she was tried in Kerrville, a pretty conservative place in Texas. one of the jurors spoke about the case later on and said the thing that stood out to her most was Darlie's hair, lipstick, breast implants and painted nails didn't make her a murderer but it rose suspicion. like???

The police failed Damon and Devon in so many ways. I believe Darlie is innocent %100. Not sure why the police didn't suspect Darin when he was asking around for people who could burglarize his house a few months before the murders??!! I mean everything the police investigated about the entry point was terrible. The hair that was assumed to be Darlie's and turned out to be a police officers? the fact the entry point was determined to have been cut with a bread knife (as fiber glass was found on the knife) from inside the house and then later the bread knife was found to have fiberglass particles from the police and it was determined the screen was cut from the outside. the non-existent disturbed mulch under the window.... I could go on and on. An innocent woman is on death row for a crime she was also a victim of. How could she know where her carotid artery was and how could she cut herself that deep? Don't even get me started on the knives found nearby the Routier house hold that were seen by police but they weren't collected or even photographed. So so disappointed.

I've been on the fence for years but when a case is as unclear as this one, the person should not be on death row, that is for sure. I believe the prosecution painted Darlie in such a way that by the time they were done the jury couldn't stand her- especially with that video- I think it was called "silly string'- and most importantly, they never showed the first part of the video. That was a railroad job IMO. I wish she would get a 2nd trial but it does not look like that will happen. Given that this is not a slam dunk, I hope she does not get executed.

If Darin was the killer why hasn't Darlie said so. Instead she claims an unknown intruder was the killer. JMO.

I've been on the fence for years but when a case is as unclear as this one, the person should not be on death row, that is for sure. I believe the prosecution painted Darlie in such a way that by the time they were done the jury couldn't stand her- especially with that video- I think it was called "silly string'- and most importantly, they never showed the first part of the video. That was a railroad job IMO. I wish she would get a 2nd trial but it does not look like that will happen. Given that this is not a slam dunk, I hope she does not get executed.
yea i agree. mt he prosecution convieniently left out the very solemn moment of silence and words about the two boys that was recorded secretly by the police hoping to get evidence against darlie .

If Darin was the killer why hasn't Darlie said so. Instead she claims an unknown intruder was the killer. JMO.
yea i’m not sure he was the killer or not it just rubs me the wrong way that they didn’t investigate him and had their minds set on darlie from the beginning. he could have hired someone to kill darlie for the life insurance in her (i believe it was around $250,000) and something went wrong which caused the two boys to die also

To get justice, if Darlie was wrongly convicted, there will have to be evidence of who the “real” killer was. What is your opinion on who that person is? Sincerely interested in your thoughts. TIA
to be fair the police really didn't look into any one else but her. it only took them 12 days to make an arrest. to me it seems like investigators made up their minds that Darlie was the killer and tried to fit the facts around it. there are so many inconsistencies and IMO Darlie was really unfairly judged and represented

Darlie cannot be executed by the state as long as her conviction is in appeal. Let's hope that when the latest ordered DNA evidence comes back it'll be the convincer at long last. That said, there will always be those who defend her and those who revile her either way, I'm thinking. Forensic evidence, especially the blood spatter, tells the real story and contradicts Darlie's. That's not my opinion, that's fact.

yea i agree. mt he prosecution convieniently left out the very solemn moment of silence and words about the two boys that was recorded secretly by the police hoping to get evidence against darlie .
It wasn’t the prosecution’s job to show her in a positive light. They weren’t going to try to help her. That was her attorney’s job to do.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back