The Innocence Project and Darlie Routier

It wasn’t the prosecution’s job to show her in a positive light. They weren’t going to try to help her. That was her attorney’s job to do.
Yeah, it’s another Darlie myth that keeps popping up. It was her own defense team who chose not to show the earlier event. Nothing stopped them from doing so.

I think Darlie and Diane had the same motive, and it’s a very common one. It doesn’t always end up in a mother (or father) murdering their child, but it often does end in murder or other destruction of the child. The parent wants to move on in life. Sometimes (many times) it’s a boyfriend who does the killing.

With Darlie and Diane, they did it themselves.

With regard to Darlie’s “injuries”, they were actually very minimal. I do think that Downs was very intelligent, Darlie not so much. In trying to make herself appear to be a victim, she actually got very close to accidentally doing something serious to herself!

At any rate, aside from the imperfect investigation (and they’re always imperfect) I have not a shadow of a doubt that Darlie did it. Glad she’s “off the streets”, but very unjust that one who chooses to end innocent life gets to go on living hers.

I wish people would read the transcripts of the trial before spouting false information on this site. Go to Darliefacts.com and click on jury trial transcripts, they are PDF files. Read all the appeals as well. You will find the facts there.

As an update, according to the court site
Case number F9639973

There were status hearings on the DNA testing on:
4/01/2022
5/16/2022
7/13/2022
8/26/2022
10/19/2022

But no forward movement noted. The next status hearing is scheduled for 12/2/2022.

The last of the orders for release of items to be DNA tested was on 12/15/2021. We're approaching a year since items were turned over to Vanessa Potkin yet there has been no update on the official Innocence Project website - not even a status update.

So what's going on? Is this simply a stalling tactic or has the testing revealed nothing that would exonerate Darlie? There is still no - zero - news in msm to indicate that the IP is working on Darlie's case. Why aren't they shouting from the rooftops?

Darlie cannot be executed by the state as long as her conviction is in appeal. Let's hope that when the latest ordered DNA evidence comes back it'll be the convincer at long last. That said, there will always be those who defend her and those who revile her either way, I'm thinking. Forensic evidence, especially the blood spatter, tells the real story and contradicts Darlie's. That's not my opinion, that's fact.
i believe it’s been reported that the blood spatter on her shirt could have been from the attacker when they were attacking the kids. as she was sleeping so close to them

IMO the defense did not represent darlie well at all
Because the evidence was so overwhelming against her. They had nothing to work with. BTW have you seen the photo of the knife that she "picked up" and placed on the counter? Note the position of it in relation to where she supposedly picked it up. Not brought up at trial, but if she picked the knife up and placed it on the counter from where she said she was standing, then she had to have picked it up by the blade. It would be turned the opposite direction otherwise. Again, not proof, but common sense. JMO.

yea i agree. mt he prosecution convieniently left out the very solemn moment of silence and words about the two boys that was recorded secretly by the police hoping to get evidence against darlie .
Can you provide a link to the first part of the video? So we can all see it? The defense had access to it, why didn’t they show it? Darlie had the top defense team in the state.

I think Darlie and Diane had the same motive, and it’s a very common one. It doesn’t always end up in a mother (or father) murdering their child, but it often does end in murder or other destruction of the child. The parent wants to move on in life. Sometimes (many times) it’s a boyfriend who does the killing.

With Darlie and Diane, they did it themselves.

With regard to Darlie’s “injuries”, they were actually very minimal. I do think that Downs was very intelligent, Darlie not so much. In trying to make herself appear to be a victim, she actually got very close to accidentally doing something serious to herself!

At any rate, aside from the imperfect investigation (and they’re always imperfect) I have not a shadow of a doubt that Darlie did it. Glad she’s “off the streets”, but very unjust that one who chooses to end innocent life gets to go on living hers.
What do you mean by minimal? Darlie's wound was 2mm away from her carotid artery???? She was in no way knowledgeable enough about the human anatomy to know how deep to cut herself. It just doesn't make sense. Diane shot herself in the arm. Big difference IMO. To me there is a lot of evidence pointing towards her innocence.

What do you mean by minimal? Darlie's wound was 2mm away from her carotid artery???? She was in no way knowledgeable enough about the human anatomy to know how deep to cut herself. It just doesn't make sense. Diane shot herself in the arm. Big difference IMO. To me there is a lot of evidence pointing towards her innocence.
Yes, I believe Darlie’s wounds were minimal. She wasn’t bright enough to stay far away from the carotid. Her wounds were entirely different than her childrens’ wounds. The children who died from their wounds.

DD was cut from the same cloth. Her wounds were entirely different from her childrens’, who died/nearly died from theirs.

We differ about the evidence. I don’t see anything pointing toward innocence.

Because the evidence was so overwhelming against her. They had nothing to work with. BTW have you seen the photo of the knife that she "picked up" and placed on the counter? Note the position of it in relation to where she supposedly picked it up. Not brought up at trial, but if she picked the knife up and placed it on the counter from where she said she was standing, then she had to have picked it up by the blade. It would be turned the opposite direction otherwise. Again, not proof, but common sense. JMO.
A lot of stuff in investigations like this go unexplained. I believe it was later proven the blonde hair on the point of entry assumed to be Darlie's was proven to be a police officer's later.

Tom Bevel testified for the prosecution that he interpreted the blood stains on Darlie's night shirt as cast-off patterns, suggesting that it was Darlie who held the knife that killed children. Bevel was also the same bloodstain expert who was responsible for the wrongful conviction of David Camm who spent 13 years in prison as an innocent man. Darlie's attorney failed to call for a second opinion as he believed he could handle Bevel during cross examination.

She was also trialed in an extremely conservative city in Texas. She was harshly judged for things like wearing lipstick and having had a breast augmentation.one of the jurors did an interview years later and the only significant thing she could remember about Darlie was the way she looked and she must've been a killer because of that.

Silly skunk, do you have a link for the juror saying that Darlie must be a murderer because of her looks?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickyBones
Back