The kind of people we are...

Jayelles

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
John Ramsey asked the police how many people they needed to talk to in order to see the kind of people the Ramseys were (paraphrased). My answer would have been "Primarily two - you and Patsy" but that's another issue!

Anyway, on her forum, jameson posted the following. She is referring to the fact that when John Ramsey gave family friend Judith Phillips a lift in his car, JonBenet got to sit in the front, whilst Judith had to sit in the rear seat of the car. jameson says:-

Because I know I would have made MY kid take the back seat if I were giving a friend a ride, I think this shows how little John thought of Judith.
http://www.webbsleuths.org/dcforum/DCForumID61/1027.html#8

My comment is that no matter who the adult was that I gave a lift to - my kids would ALWAYS sit in the rear. It's a matter of common courtesy. This speaks volumes to me about John Ramsey's character. The more I have found out about John Ramsey, the more I have considered him to be a nasty man and this little incident only serves to support my feelings.

Yes - I think it shows a disregard for Judith Phillips but a better person would have had the self-discipline to put common courtesy and 'teaching your children good manners' above all that. That he didn't/couldn't - speaks volumes about John's character.

I believe that John Ramsey has an inflated ego and sense of status. I think the Ramseys lack of co-operation in the case is all about that.

Something else that I've observed over the years is that when people are asked what they think of someone they don't particularly like, a guarded/non committal response is often something like "he/she is very quiet".

You're selling your house and you didn't really like your neighbours much. What do you tell prospective buyers? "Oh, they are very quiet".

That is something often said about John Ramsey. Did anyone say he was a great guy ? (apart from his kids). Did anyone particularly like him?

Jayelles said:
I believe that John Ramsey has an inflated ego and sense of status. I think the Ramseys lack of co-operation in the case is all about that.

Jayelles,
Could that reflect american society and money determining status, JR was a millionaire?

At a tangent, placing JonBenet in the front seat, could suggest that JonBenet's status was rated higher than Judith's, or JR and JonBenet regarded their relationship as co-equals. This would not be inconsistent with other assumptions.

UKGuy said:
At a tangent, placing JonBenet in the front seat, could suggest that JonBenet's status was rated higher than Judith's, or JR and JonBenet regarded their relationship as co-equals. This would not be inconsistent with other assumptions.

UKGuy,

Allowing a six-year-old to ride up front in the death seat to me shows a lack of judgment in regard for her safety.

BlueCrab said:
UKGuy,

Allowing a six-year-old to ride up front in the death seat to me shows a lack of judgment in regard for her safety.
BINGO!!!!

think I would be offended, quietly, if this was done to me. I think I would know my position on the totem pole. In saying that I have to believe John Ramsey was incredibly rude to do that. A child is a child, an adult, an adult. They just ARE treated differently.

One other thing that bothers me about this is somehow it reminds me of Johns interview where he knew exactly what Jonbenet was wearing on Christmas eve when they went to church, dinner and up to the star. He could also recite what she was wearing Christmas day right down to the boots with fake animal fur. He could not tell anyone what Patsy was wearing on eithor occasion. Seems like alot of attention was focused on Jonbenet by John. He noticed more about her than Patsy. I wonder if he could tell anyone what Burke was wearing eithor of those times? I don't think he was ever asked that.

In response to UKGuy's post - I wasn't sure whether there were cultural differences going on, but I am gauging that Americans have the same view as Brits in that children have their place!

I was brought up to give up my seat to an older person and I raised my own children the same way. In our family, children are expected to relinquish remote controls, beds, comfy seats ... adults get priority and children line up in order of age for their pecking order!

Having said this, not everyone has good manners. When we were coming home from our recent trip to the Balearic islands, we got on the bus which took us from the terminal building to the aeroplane. The bus was full and I told my 6 year old to get up and give an elderly lady her seat. She did and climbed onto my knee and we indicated to a man to tell the elderly woman that there was a seat available at which point, he pushed his own child forward to sit in it! We couldn't believe it.

If the story about the car seat is true, I think it tells us a lot about John Ramsey. I have no reason to suppose that Judith Phillips would make something like this up.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back