The Murder of Janet Abaroa #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barbara2 said:
I don't think he had any job at all. The person who gave that interview was the landlord. "Sales" is what they told the landlord while at the same time they were very specific about her work information.

Welcome to WS Barbara! I think you're right, I was being *generous* with the idea of a commission only job.

I took a 2nd look at his resume and again things just don't add up. Notice his employers, responsibilities ... where are the dates of employment? Also, I found archived stuff that includes at least one *employer/job* that is absent from the resume.

golfmom said:
Welcome to WS Barbara! I think you're right, I was being *generous* with the idea of a commission only job.

I took a 2nd look at his resume and again things just don't add up. Notice his employers, responsibilities ... where are the dates of employment? Also, I found archived stuff that includes at least one *employer/job* that is absent from the resume.
I had to go back and read his resume because I skipped it yesterday. He has a great deal of trouble staying in one place, doesn't he? Makes you wonder how he could possibly commit to staying with one woman for the rest of his life. I also wonder if his soccer "scholarship" was anything like Scott Peterson's golf "scholarship". It's odd that a person would only stay in school for one year if they were there on scholarship.

Barbara2 said:
I had to go back and read his resume because I skipped it yesterday. He has a great deal of trouble staying in one place, doesn't he? Makes you wonder how he could possibly commit to staying with one woman for the rest of his life. I also wonder if his soccer "scholarship" was anything like Scott Peterson's golf "scholarship". It's odd that a person would only stay in school for one year if they were there on scholarship.

Looks like he flunked out at a community college. No matter how *sweet* his soccer skills were, he didn't get into a university or 4-year college.

Janet on the other hand, graduated and numerous articles refer to her as being the lead scorer. Looks to me like he is a big ole wannabe on many levels and she was the real deal.

in his blog he wrote that he had troubles focusing and staying with one thing at a time because when he was a child, he was in and out of different schools. I guess his mother moved a lot? I think his childhood greatly affected his adulthood.... And, I also think that he could have ADD.

golfmom said:

Note that on his resume he lists that site as part of it. Additionally -- that one you found absent makes me wonder if the Eurosport embezzling charges were not the first time Mr. Abaroa had such a problem.

golfmom said:
Looks like he flunked out at a community college. No matter how *sweet* his soccer skills were, he didn't get into a university or 4-year college.

Janet on the other hand, graduated and numerous articles refer to her as being the lead scorer. Looks to me like he is a big ole wannabe on many levels and she was the real deal.
The exact same thing occurred to me, early on. His remarkable self-absorption would indicate an ego that couldn't suffer that.

That's the thing about Raven's site... it's too squeaky clean at first glance, too unreal. Presents a strange, almost surreal image of him and to a much lesser extent his family -- like I said, in the current incarnation you have to really look to find Janet. There's something David Lynch-like about this story.

misterallgood said:
The exact same thing occurred to me, early on. His remarkable self-absorption would indicate an ego that couldn't suffer that.

That's the thing about Raven's site... it's too squeaky clean at first glance, too unreal. Presents a strange, almost surreal image of him and to a much lesser extent his family -- like I said, in the current incarnation you have to really look to find Janet. There's something David Lynch-like about this story.

I agree that the longer you look the more bizzare it all becomes. :bang:

golfmom said:
I've been taking a closer look at the pictures.

1. It strikes me that Janet must have taken this picture
http://www.ravenstree.com/images/Kaiden%20Images/IMGA0426.JPG
Here's his commentary ... 4/24/05: Kaiden thought it would be fun to help daddy prepare his home-teaching lesson, then he decided it was time for a photo opp, then he high-tailed it out of there!

2. This one is very strange. I wonder what it means?
http://www.ravenstree.com/images/Kaiden%20Images/IMGA0419b.jpg
the light fixture looks weird in that second picture..

PrayersForMaura said:
the light fixture looks weird in that second picture..

I do a lot of artistic photo editing. IMHO that is just bizarre. I'm mean really, really, bizarre. :confused:

golfmom said:
I've been taking a closer look at the pictures.

1. It strikes me that Janet must have taken this picture
http://www.ravenstree.com/images/Kaiden%20Images/IMGA0426.JPG
Here's his commentary ... 4/24/05: Kaiden thought it would be fun to help daddy prepare his home-teaching lesson, then he decided it was time for a photo opp, then he high-tailed it out of there!

2. This one is very strange. I wonder what it means?
http://www.ravenstree.com/images/Kaiden%20Images/IMGA0419b.jpg
It looks like the baby is sitting on a counter top and the photographer is kneeling. I'd be afraid the baby would try to crawl off the counter and I wouldn't be quick enough to grab him.

Didn't Raven develop the site? Maybe he's advertizing his skills with Photoshop.

1986 said:
It looks like the baby is sitting on a counter top and the photographer is kneeling. I'd be afraid the baby would try to crawl off the counter and I wouldn't be quick enough to grab him.

Didn't Raven develop the site? Maybe he's advertizing his skills with Photoshop.
Probably. It's all about Raven at that site, for sure. That said, I ain't impressed.

The whole site shows a distinct lack of his grasping the difference between how he wants to come across and how he does come across. This case is frustrating because the mainstream media is so quiet right now. Guess it's time to blog it again.

golfmom said:
I agree with the whole might not have noticed anything possibility.

But, it just doesn't ring right to me that Janet wouldn't have gone to the game with the baby. At least with my first child, I went anywhere and everywhere with her, it wasn't until I was hauling around multiple babies did it put a damper on my activities. If she wasn't a soccer buff herself, I'd shrug my shoulders and say no biggie, but because the sport was her passion as well it makes me go hmmmmmmmm . . . .
I would say that for a child that young, I would've stayed home as well. Especially with events that involve large crowds.
just my two cents :)

misterallgood said:
Probably. It's all about Raven at that site, for sure. That said, I ain't impressed.

The whole site shows a distinct lack of his grasping the difference between how he wants to come across and how he does come across. This case is frustrating because the mainstream media is so quiet right now. Guess it's time to blog it again.

Yeah, I wish Greta would run with this case. I know alot of people don't like her but I watch her because once she latches onto a story she sticks with it.

DebC said:
Mr A, I read RA's blog, and one of the phrases that jumped out at me was on his "Show Me The Money" page:

"It's amazing how the choices I've made have been through tunnel vision! I haven't always made smart decisions in my life and due to some bad business decisions I am starting over"

Another "I" and not "we". I don't know exactly when he wrote this, but it sounds very much like a "I lost my wife" sort of statement.
Plus, "bad business decisions" is the new name for embezzlement?
I don't know what happened in this case, and really have no solid idea of my own either. I just wanted to point out though that when I was writing a family webpage I would write "I" or "me and alex" on the page for My side of the family.

misterallgood said:

Don't make us all search it out! Let us know when you've got the next installment up.
:blowkiss:

golfmom said:
Don't make us all search it out! Let us know when you've got the next installment up.
:blowkiss:
Sorry! Didn't mean to tease! I'll let y'all know. I'm figuring out the best way to frame things at the moment. Can't be too careful after the *&%#ing Wilbanks case.

Mr. A/Steve

misterallgood said:
Sorry! Didn't mean to tease! I'll let y'all know. I'm figuring out the best way to frame things at the moment. Can't be too careful after the *&%#ing Wilbanks case.

Mr. A/Steve

You can say that again.

I found this yesterday, but didn't have time to share it. What do you think about this?

www.mddccommunity.com

This is the only way I could get to this site to share. Goofy site wouldn't let me be more "direct"!!! Loser site... :loser:

Click Bethesda, then Business, followed by web services. If you scroll down to, you will find "Knowlogy" and a "Raven Araboa" to contact if interested via email. To click on "Knowlogy" website simply takes you there for info, not a Raven Araboa.

Perhaps this is what he was speaking of concerning IT position?

I just found it interesting. May not mean anything except this man (if it is in fact Raven Araboa from NC) has changed many a postition.

It is obvious his soccer camp thing didn't work nor did his position at Eurosport. I believe this young man was continually looking to make a career out of something, a quick buck, and yet never gave it enough time. I'm not even touching the embezzlement thing..... Wait, I did see the both had worked there, but RA was the only one being charged with the crime, not Janet. Just a side note. :)

Janet Araboa had a GPA of 3.74 when she was playing soccer for VSU. Bright lady. Yet, nothing can be found for RA, the very proud soccer goalie. Way weird.

RA's journal still bugs me *BIG* time. There is more to this, to this man, than we can possibly know right now. LE is being so very tight lipped with this investigation, as I think they should be. I just feel that also gives me the thought that LE has a strong suspect, but are taking their time to be thorough for a case.

I wish there was *something* to speculate on....driving me nuts!!! :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members