The Oasis - A Place To Share How You Unwind From the Case

I drink Pinot Noir and talk to the dog.

I drink Chardonnay and talk to the dogs, LOL! Other times, I dance around my living room to something rockin', like AC/DC. I also do volunteer work with CERT and I like to cook.

I can't talk to my dog about this. She's made it clear she's pro-defense. Thank God I had her spayed.

I can't talk to my dog about this. She's made it clear she's pro-defense. Thank God I had her spayed.

you need this dog.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGeKSiCQkPw"]YouTube - ‪Ultimate Dog Tease‬‏[/ame]

Alcohol and comedy works for me...

I am crying I'm laughing so hard. That was HILARIOUS!!!! Thank you!

Glad you liked that one. It is funny as heck. We all need a little levity because this trial is quite taxing on the soul imo.......

1). Go out on my front porch and watch the kittens play.
2). Season 2 of Deadwood.

me - my extreme couponing habits have turned OCD. While I listen to the trial on WESH I search the net for freebies and the good coupons. On average I save over $100.00 on every shopping trip. Just today I found $16.00 in walgreen coupons! So that's what I do to unwind - it's therapy, and doesn't hurt the bank account.

Oh and freebies (ie, womanfreebies.com) is the best if you want good free stuff! They don't sell your e-mail addy, and I always get cute samples. Mostly we save them for the annual VA hospital donation drive. Cept the chocolate - I always eat the chocolate samples (cuz they're so small).

Too fun :)

Mel

Yes, today is particularly frustrating and stressful. I have a headache and feel out of sorts to get on with my day now. I feel so completely disgusted by what happened in court this morning and what we heard happened over the weekend. I seriously considered a glass of wine but that isn't going to help.

I need to get on with my day, maybe go for a bike road down to the river, then get busy with my work.
This frustration will pass and I will appreciate the day off from the misery of watching this defence .
Writing this post actually helped, thank you for starting the thread.

I know, right? You have your day planned, your meals prepped, your thoughts of what to do during breaks - then this. I have gone into coupon overload and am just surfing the web. Me and DS will go out and sit by the pool in a bit, then I'll do a shopping trip tonight for the week (I am such a night shopper where I can take my time and do so in peace).

Right now I'm feeling a bit kerflunkled...

Mel

Great question

I always go back to music to break my thought pattern and not dwell about which I can't control. Usally something out of the ordinary I consider great entertainment. Here's a clip seen on the news that tilts my head in amazement.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3qbB4Kq3Y0"]YouTube - ‪8 Year Old Jonny Mizzone - Flint Hill Special - Sleepy Man Banjo Boys‬‏[/ame]

Yesterday I had to take a day off from all things Anthony . I had to for my own mental health .
I am really scared there will be a hung jury and then no closure and this will just continue .

Not to get ot - but me too. I think I heard 1 too many times from Your Honour "if we have to do this over again". That scared me!

MOO

Mel

Great question

I always go back to music to break my thought pattern and not dwell about which I can't control. Usally something out of the ordinary I consider great entertainment. Here's a clip seen on the news that tilts my head in amazement.

YouTube - ‪8 Year Old Jonny Mizzone - Flint Hill Special - Sleepy Man Banjo Boys‬‏

Jaw. On. Floor. That is awesome! If you like bluegrass - Austin City Limits had Steve Martin, the steep canyon rangers and Sara Jarosz on it's long, but book mark it for later if you want http://video.pbs.org/video/1633720535/

I power walk 4 miles in an hour with puppydog. A good sweat and an endorphin rush is healthy for the mind, the muscles, and the ole b/p.

Tequila!:great:

Jose Cuervo, he is a friend of mine.
I like to drink him with a little salt and lime.
He makes Baez seem a little less intense and he's always very handy when I really, really pizzed! :great:

Sung to the tune of Jose Cuervo by Shelly West [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySdRUWYJhsk"]YouTube - ‪Shelly West- Jose Cuervo‬‏[/ame]

I tape naps ... as soon as I can "sneak" out of the office ... :eek:fftobed::eek:fftobed::eek:fftobed:

I play long distance Scrabble on FB with my DD, or other games; surf the web, or channel surf on TV for anything non trial related at night. Even gave up NG show.....trying to calm the obsession with this case.....Although it still sneaks in- while seeing a Hydolyze commercial on tv, they showed just a pair of eyes, and I swear what popped into my head was OMG, that looks just like ICA's eyes!

Looking forward to the trial being over, and ICA safely behind bars for the rest of her life! However long that might be.....

I play long distance Scrabble on FB with my DD, or other games; surf the web, or channel surf on TV for anything non trial related at night. Even gave up NG show.....trying to calm the obsession with this case.....Although it still sneaks in- while seeing a Hydolyze commercial on tv, they showed just a pair of eyes, and I swear what popped into my head was OMG, that looks just like ICA's eyes!

Looking forward to the trial being over, and ICA safely behind bars for the rest of her life! However long that might be.....

OMG you can play scrabble on FB? I played it years ago on-line with my brother, then Scrabble took it down. OMG - I have to look it up. Thanks for the tip :)

I've been into some television - the Game of Thrones series on HBO and reading the books. Oddly enough I find wrestling to be a stress reliever, yes it's a bit mindless but fun. Hardcore Pawn starts their new season tomorrow night, and just got done with Auction Hunters. And I also watch Masterpiece Theatre.

I find maintaining a Netflix queue to be a good thing also. Mine's full of foreign flicks that none of my normal type friends would get into, and older stuff like The Jewel In The Crown and I'm getting Law And Order UK next.

If any of that doesn't work I just call my mom and listen to her complain about her tenant.

Yesterday I had to take a day off from all things Anthony . I had to for my own mental health .
I am really scared there will be a hung jury and then no closure and this will just continue .

BBM

Glad you took your M/H day. This has been my greatest fear from the first. I'm concerned about the juror who said she had a hard time judging people, or something like that. She should NOT be on this jury :maddening:

I fantasize about Jeff Ashton... Mrs Ashton..... Mr and Mrs Jeffrey Ashton.... Mrs alwaysonmymind Ashton.... Lol!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shaunie
Back