The phone number jotted on the back of the sheet of stickers

I hope this isn't O/T (the topic of this thread is "the phone number") but the problem isn't only with the media and LE and Florida's Sunshine Law. It is the much larger problem of loss of privacy due to the internet. I am appalled at the amount of information that is out there for the taking, and I don't know the solution. I don't know if anyone does. But it isn't always a bad thing either, as estranged parties are able to be reunited and old connections made. I suppose the bottom line is the intent and use of the information.

I've spoken with JBean ... as soon as R.S. speaks to Tricia he will be allowed to post ... he explained all to me ... and it makes sense. It will be a very good thing when he is here to testify to his involvement so that he does not have to be discussed anymore!!
I for one want to tell you thank you for what you are doing. His story if he gets on here will be good to hear.

Are you sure it's the same fellow?
I guess that is to be determined ... his response to me, seemed to be appropriate ... but until he is able to respond here at Tricia's discretion ... it is all up for debate. FWIW I was satisfied!

They should have blanked out some of the numbers so that it couldnt be googled

Its weird that some were redacted and others weren't.
But it was alot of pages for someone to go through, and its easy to miss a few, I guess.

Its actually a good thing they included his number because if it was just the name then he could have been confused with another person of the same name who has a very bad history and it would not have looked good in this particular case.
I'm happy to know he is the good , upstanding RLS and not the very bad one thats out there, but in another state.

Poor guy though. I cannot believe there are nutters out there making threatening calls to him.
Its just soooo wrong.

I hope this isn't O/T (the topic of this thread is "the phone number") but the problem isn't only with the media and LE and Florida's Sunshine Law. It is the much larger problem of loss of privacy due to the internet. I am appalled at the amount of information that is out there for the taking, and I don't know the solution. I don't know if anyone does. But it isn't always a bad thing either, as estranged parties are able to be reunited and old connections made. I suppose the bottom line is the intent and use of the information.

Well said, Lacey

I think any "involvement" was pure bad luck on RS's part, and maybe a need by listers to find one rational bit of information in this case.

Yes, when they confirm if and when he was ever in contact with Cindy or KC (and presumably LE already did), it could (potentially anyway) help to date the red pen, the stickers, not to mention if/why/when either Cindy or KC was ever needing a house inspector. And it could have been something completely unrelated to his line of work, for example, he could just be a member of their church or something for all we know.

I think that R.S. will, in the very least, be able to firm up the time-line for when this notation was made-- in red ink. Please keep in mind folks ... that not everyone was directly involved!

not wanting to use your real or whole name i.e. Doing Business As- d.b.a.
For example, my initials are L.K. I didn't want to start my business as LK Graphics, so instead my d.b.a. is K___Graphics.
On Income taxes is where you are most likely to see d.b.a.'s.
Um both of the quotes you have are incorrect... they are on the right lines but still incorrect...it's 2am here and I am about to head to bed or I would search and give you the correct "quotes" now

After being contacted by one of your members,I read through all of your posts. It is apparent that you folks are sensible and are not out to hang anyone just find out the truth. This is why I have decided to post the answer to your questions. It is my wish to you to take it for the truth and then delete the subject from this website.
I am a Homeland security CLEARED home inspector. I have performed over 4000 inspections throughout the country. My name and number has been jotted down on probably twice as many notepads etc. I contract for Federal,State and private individuals for a number of causes.
I was contacted for the first time on 2/18 by a local news reporter that simply ask me if was aware of the picture of evidence. Mind you this was the DAY of the public release! Before I could even react, It was on the national news.Not as a story but simply a photo of the back of the heart sheet.
This started the reaction by the public just like yourselves but also included the ones whom jump to conclusions that I was an associate of CA. I received over 100 VM"S overnight and some were personally threatening to say the least!
This has been a devastating blow to me and my family.(wife of 30 years,3 grown children and 6 grandchildren).
For the last two years, I have been involved in a Florida state program that offered free inspections to homeowners to help them bring down our soaring insurance prices. We marketed and performed 400,000 of these inspections throughout the state. Requests for these inspections were made by homeowners via internet, phone and at functions like home shows etc. as well as through each insurer. My phone records show that I have called over 1000 individual homes in the last two years just in central Florida!
THE NOTE.
I specifically do not know the details of how the A's got the info but either I or my associate called to offer the inspection and SOMEONE jotted it down on the closest thing they could find.It really is that simple. The LE's have never even questioned me because they KNOW who I am. PERIOD. I (thankfully at this point)never received a call back from them(the A's) and subsequently never had any other contact with them. They don't know me and I don't know them. I am not a subject in this case for any reason.
After contacting my attorney, the media and the authorities regarding this misplacement of evidence, I seem to have been sucessful at getting the picture off the air. If it gets out or out of hand, Then I may have to give a press release. The calls have stopped and I'm trying to return to normalcy and hope that this all goes away for me. This has been and is a horrible event in our community and we all wish it would be settled soon. For the memory of Caylee and all affected. I have grandchildren as mentioned before and when I see their bright eyes and smiles, I take a moment for her and all the other tragedies in our world.
I hope this has settled your minds on this topic.
I would like to address one more question that a member asked about. As home inspectors we take on a tremendous amount of liability with our reports. It is for this reason many of us create ficticious corporate names. It protects the individual owner in the event of litigation against the company for errors and omissions in said reports. You wouldn't want to lose your house because one of your employees made an error would you?
Acronym: (A)lways (B)etter (H)ome Inspections.
Thank you for allowing this post
Sincerily,
RS

After being contacted by one of your members,I read through all of your posts. It is apparent that you folks are sensible and are not out to hang anyone just find out the truth. This is why I have decided to post the answer to your questions. It is my wish to you to take it for the truth and then delete the subject from this website.
I am a Homeland security CLEARED home inspector. I have performed over 4000 inspections throughout the country. My name and number has been jotted down on probably twice as many notepads etc. I contract for Federal,State and private individuals for a number of causes.
I was contacted for the first time on 2/18 by a local news reporter that simply ask me if was aware of the picture of evidence. Mind you this was the DAY of the public release! Before I could even react, It was on the national news.Not as a story but simply a photo of the back of the heart sheet.
This started the reaction by the public just like yourselves but also included the ones whom jump to conclusions that I was an associate of CA. I received over 100 VM"S overnight and some were personally threatening to say the least!
This has been a devastating blow to me and my family.(wife of 30 years,3 grown children and 6 grandchildren).
For the last two years, I have been involved in a Florida state program that offered free inspections to homeowners to help them bring down our soaring insurance prices. We marketed and performed 400,000 of these inspections throughout the state. Requests for these inspections were made by homeowners via internet, phone and at functions like home shows etc. as well as through each insurer. My phone records show that I have called over 1000 individual homes in the last two years just in central Florida!
THE NOTE.
I specifically do not know the details of how the A's got the info but either I or my associate called to offer the inspection and SOMEONE jotted it down on the closest thing they could find.It really is that simple. The LE's have never even questioned me because they KNOW who I am. PERIOD. I (thankfully at this point)never received a call back from them(the A's) and subsequently never had any other contact with them. They don't know me and I don't know them. I am not a subject in this case for any reason.
After contacting my attorney, the media and the authorities regarding this misplacement of evidence, I seem to have been sucessful at getting the picture off the air. If it gets out or out of hand, Then I may have to give a press release. The calls have stopped and I'm trying to return to normalcy and hope that this all goes away for me. This has been and is a horrible event in our community and we all wish it would be settled soon. For the memory of Caylee and all affected. I have grandchildren as mentioned before and when I see their bright eyes and smiles, I take a moment for her and all the other tragedies in our world.
I would like to address one more question that a member asked about. As home inspectors we take on a tremendous amount of liability with our reports. It is for this reason many of us create ficticious corporate names. It protects the individual owner in the event of litigation against the company for errors and omissions in said reports. You wouldn't want to lose your house because one of your employees made an error would you?
Sincerily,
RS
Thank you very much for clarification and a very eloquent reply at that. My condolences you have been involved with this in this way and all the best all the way from New Zealand.

Bold is mine - Just as I posted it was nothing more than a message ..
I even suggested it was a cold call and a message was taken

Thank you RS for posting :)

THE NOTE.
Sincerily,
RS

THE NOTE.
Sincerily,
RS

Thank you so much for making the effort to join and taking the time to respond.

I am so sorry, as I am sure many, many other WS members are, that you've been under scrutiny, unfairly maligned and threatened.

Thank you for joining, advising and answering.

I have no idea if this is the home inspector or not. I have no reason to doubt him and what he posts makes perfect sense.
I am going to close this topic down in a bit.

I have been in the buisness since 2005 and and did lots of "side work" in construction prior to that in this area. I have many contacts in this community but I have had this ph# about four years. As for the debate on home inspection pricing(LOL) Sq Ft. seems to be the norm but I generally price by type,location.Some take 1 hour, Some 4. I could go on for hours about how I perceive this buisness and the regulation of it. In my state there is none yet!(2010)

I have been in the buisness since 2005 and and did lots of "side work" in construction prior to that in this area. I have many contacts in this community but I have had this ph# about four years. As for the debate on home inspection pricing(LOL) Sq Ft. seems to be the norm but I generally price by type,location.Some take 1 hour, Some 4. I could go on for hours about how I perceive this buisness and the regulation of it. In my state there is none yet!(2010)
You are a dear to join us and I thank you for your input. But it is helpful for us to be able to confirm to members that you are who you say you are. I don't doubt your word, but I don't want anyone impersonating you and posting on your behalf. we check these things out for everyones benefit.

Thank you again for taking the time and making the effort to join us and chime in. We appreciate it very much.

Still not clear one one thing that I am sure many other members are curious about, too. From your earlier post, the marketing campaign was in effect for several years, and from this post we can learn that you've been doing business since 2005, plus 'side work' prior to 2005.

The $64,000 question that would most intrigue members here is... do you recall approximately when you or your staff might have called the Anthony family to book the inspection which resulted in your name and number being jotted down?

Again, thanks very much for taking the time to join, read and answer.

Thank you again for taking the time and making the effort to join us and chime in. We appreciate it very much.

Still not clear one one thing that I am sure many other members are curious about, too. From your earlier post, the marketing campaign was in effect for several years, and from this post we can learn that you've been doing business since 2005, plus 'side work' prior to 2005.

The $64,000 question that would most intrigue members here is... do you recall approximately when you or your staff might have called the Anthony family to book the inspection which resulted in your name and number being jotted down?

Again, thanks very much for taking the time to join, read and answer.

Yes, what PH said! That is the big question we are wondering about! Only a timeframe. And all of us hate that you have been drug into such an awful situation. I pray the effects for you and your family are over and done with. As for me, I am only interested in knowing when the note was jotted down. Which year? Hugs to your wife and kids for this whole debacle! And you, too!

:blowkiss:

I think any "involvement" was pure bad luck on RS's part, and maybe a need by listers to find one rational bit of information in this case.

Hopefully, it will turn out to be "good luck" for his business by making him a much more popular local inspector. Could happen....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get
Back