The Pro-McCann's Media Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a lovely little PR piece from Kate McCann in today's Daily Mail.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...in_article_id=482238&in_page_id=1770&ito=1490

Highlights:
Mrs McCann also insisted that she and her husband were "truly responsible parents" and had committed no crime

"I know that what happened is not due to the fact of us leaving the children asleep. I know it happened under other circumstances."

Asked about whether she and her husband were responsible for their daughter's disappearance, she said: "It cannot be considered a crime. Someone committed one, but not us."

You really have to read all of this incredible article. So many touchy-feely, butt-saving misrepresentations.

Why can't they just say "I screwed up terribly and was irresponsible and someone took my child as a result"

Better yet, why can't they tell other people not to do what they did because they might lose a child that way?

I am still open to the possibility that there is something far more sinister afoot, considering the instant support the McConn’s received from extremely important people in high places, not least billionaire retail mogul Sir Philip Green who ferried them around random places in his private jet. It seems Green’s colleagues Julia Hobsbawm and Gordon Brown’s wife, Sarah McCaulay of ‘Editorial Intelligence’ are responsible for spinning the “faultless” McCann tales. The latest from a Daily Express web-monkey who says, “Anyone who thinks they are guilty is an idiot.” So, that must include the Portuguese police authorities and me! Then there is Sir Richard Branson, shoring up their funds and Sir Alec Jeffreys, the father of DNA fingerprinting who is prepared to testify in court that his discovery is not worth a jot. In which case everyone who has been acquitted or convicted on DNA evidence should have their cases reopened. Now I hear the Prime Minister himself is going to review the McCann case! I didn’t know Gordy was a part-time detective? With so many Knights of the Empire pulling strings for them, I can’t see a trial materialising, far less a conviction.

I am still open to the possibility that there is something far more sinister afoot, considering the instant support the McConn’s received from extremely important people in high places, not least billionaire retail mogul Sir Philip Green who ferried them around random places in his private jet. It seems Green’s colleagues Julia Hobsbawm and Gordon Brown’s wife, Sarah McCaulay of ‘Editorial Intelligence’ are responsible for spinning the “faultless” McCann tales. The latest from a Daily Express web-monkey who says, “Anyone who thinks they are guilty is an idiot.” So, that must include the Portuguese police authorities and me! Then there is Sir Richard Branson, shoring up their funds and Sir Alec Jeffreys, the father of DNA fingerprinting who is prepared to testify in court that his discovery is not worth a jot. In which case everyone who has been acquitted or convicted on DNA evidence should have their cases reopened. Now I hear the Prime Minister himself is going to review the McCann case! I didn’t know Gordy was a part-time detective? With so many Knights of the Empire pulling strings for them, I can’t see a trial materialising, far less a conviction.

Or maybe just a lot of people don't want people they believe are innocent to be railroaded. It could be as simple as that.

I think the reason they did not/do not say they screwed up is because it will admit negligence and negligence = possibility of losing the twins.

I recall them saying in the early stage of the investigation that they were told by the police that what they did (leaving their three tots alone) "was within the parameters of good parenting". Do you all recall that?

The McCanns need to get their heads out of the clouds and admit some responisibility for the disappearance of their daughter, she would still be here if she wasnt left alone, why can they not see that is wrong.

We dont know yet what happened to Madelaine, but by the children being left alone, they put their children in danger, and that is noone elses fault but the McCanns.

Do they think they are above everyone else or a just in denial.

This is a pre-emptive strike on Kate's part, to admit to difficulties in the early days with Madeleine, to get the public wearied with hearing this from the "perfect mum."

Her words are absolutely corroborating the leaked evidence in the journal, that she wrote negatively about Maddie's behavior.

It's a well-known PR tactic, if something negative is about to blast openly on your client, you have your client reveal it first, and steal the thunder from the actual announcement, by admitting to it and putting as positive as possible a spin on it.

The continued lack of ANY responsibility in Madeleine's disappearance is inexplicable and sickening. If the abduction story is true, then she would be here today if she'd been left in the night time creche or if they'd engaged a sitter in the room.

The one action, if the McCanns are telling the truth, that would have stopped all of this tragedy, would have been to leave the children with a supervising adult. It's the critical point.

That the McCanns still refuse to acknowledge that in even the least way is just beyone amazing.

This is a pre-emptive strike on Kate's part, to admit to difficulties in the early days with Madeleine, to get the public wearied with hearing this from the "perfect mum."

Her words are absolutely corroborating the leaked evidence in the journal, that she wrote negatively about Maddie's behavior.

It's a well-known PR tactic, if something negative is about to blast openly on your client, you have your client reveal it first, and steal the thunder from the actual announcement, by admitting to it and putting as positive as possible a spin on it.

The continued lack of ANY responsibility in Madeleine's disappearance is inexplicable and sickening. If the abduction story is true, then she would be here today if she'd been left in the night time creche or if they'd engaged a sitter in the room.

The one action, if the McCanns are telling the truth, that would have stopped all of this tragedy, would have been to leave the children with a supervising adult. It's the critical point.

That the McCanns still refuse to acknowledge that in even the least way is just beyone amazing.

See, if they had done anything responsible, such as using the night creche, a sitter or maybe sat on the patio/balcony with some takeout tapas & wine where they could still keep an eye/ear on what was happening in the apt. I'd say the diary and the interview are what most normal parents, especially mothers, go through. No kids of my own, but I know from my friends & relatives who are parents, they can be exhausting and try your patience. But my friends & relatives would never leave their kids alone at such a young age.

Even when they're in the same home, accidents happen. They fall, they cut themselves, they get into things. And when they're asleep, they don't always stay asleep. That's why when my friends & relatives need a break, they hire a sitter or get one of us to watch them. There's nothing wrong with a parent or couple getting some well earned, well deserved me or couple time. As long as they've made safe & responsible provisions for the care of their children. Some of the folks I know will take romantic getaway vacations. They leave the kids with the grandparents for a long weekend & enjoy themselves. Since the kids were in the creche most of the day & sleeping at night, it seems like this was the type of vacation the McCanns wanted. Which in and of itself, there's nothing wrong with wanting that. So why not leave the kids with the grandparents or the various family spokespeople? They could have had the leisurley vacation they wanted & their children would have been safe.

I am still open to the possibility that there is something far more sinister afoot, considering the instant support the McConn’s received from extremely important people in high places, not least billionaire retail mogul Sir Philip Green who ferried them around random places in his private jet...

I'm with you. This morning there's an all-out PR assault on cnn.com, which previously just carried a headline here or there. Clarence Mitchell is quoted as saying: "... I have [resigned my position in the British Government] because I feel so strongly that they are innocent victims of a heinous crime that I am prepared to forego my career in government service to assist them." How the heck can he know they are innocent? Was he there?

Thirty minutes later, they have this article about how Gerry loves to play golf and Kate had "dreams of a large family." Man, this is sickening. They care more about their reputations than about finding Madeleine, obviously.

This is the rich and powerful "closing ranks". And this couple has rich and powerful friends, indeed.

I've no doubt this is also why news from Portugal has dried up. Pressure coming from the British Empire, eh what, old chap?

This has turned political... it is no longer about Madeleine. It leaves a very bad taste in the mouth... :(

y.

This is the rich and powerful "closing ranks". And this couple has rich and powerful friends, indeed.

Do you think they will believe the same thing if these couple were coming from a low income family, no education, no money? :rolleyes:

All this defense and justification about the Mc Cann's behavior come from how they look, their professions, the money they have, their rich buddies, etc. Pathetic but true! :mad:

I think the reason they did not/do not say they screwed up is because it will admit negligence and negligence = possibility of losing the twins.

I recall them saying in the early stage of the investigation that they were told by the police that what they did (leaving their three tots alone) "was within the parameters of good parenting". Do you all recall that?

i recall reading that.

Why can't they just say "I screwed up terribly and was irresponsible and someone took my child as a result"

I know. It would actually do far more for them than all the First Communion and wedding photos in the world.

I think you are absolutely right Calikid.

And no matter what happens I think they will live with guilt and sorrow for the rest of their lives. Even if a miracle happens and Madeleine is recovered safe and well.

Looking at recent pics of Gerry and Kate, I see guilt, remorse, and sorrow in Kate's face and demeanor. In Gerry's face and body language, I see arrogance and defiance.

I really think he is the one that caused the "accident". Who knows what he has threatened his wife with if she speaks out with the truth?

Pinkhammer, I don't like to get into writing about how the McCanns look, but I'm going to have to go on record as agreeing with you one hundred percent.

Thanks. There's a lot to be said about facial expressions and body language. And the McCanns' neverending publicity campaign afford us with plenty of fodder for our diagnoses.

I honestly wish they would give it a rest, and stay off the front pages for about a month or so.

The McCanns need to get their heads out of the clouds and admit some responisibility for the disappearance of their daughter, she would still be here if she wasnt left alone, why can they not see that is wrong.

We dont know yet what happened to Madelaine, but by the children being left alone, they put their children in danger, and that is noone elses fault but the McCanns.

Do they think they are above everyone else or a just in denial.
See bolded.
I don't think we can know that for an absolute certainty. What if the McCanns had been in their room asleep after returning from their dinner party and someone still took Madeleine? What if she and the others were not left alone, isn't it possible that she could still have been taken?
A perp who is determined will still find a way to grab a child....we've seen it to many times now :( to know that it's true.

See bolded.
I don't think we can know that for an absolute certainty. What if the McCanns had been in their room asleep after returning from their dinner party and someone still took Madeleine? What if she and the others were not left alone, isn't it possible that she could still have been taken?
A perp who is determined will still find a way to grab a child....we've seen it to many times now :( to know that it's true.

I believe we know this didn't happen because during the party, they went to check on the kids and Mrs. McCann came back claiming that "they took her."

I believe we know this didn't happen because during the party, they went to check on the kids and Mrs. McCann came back claiming that "they took her."

Exactly what I was going to post. IMO there is no way little Maddie would be gone if her parents would have been with her or if a baby sitter was with the children.

See bolded.

See bolded ;)

Non-sequitur. It did not go down that way. They were gone and the children were left alone. Those are the facts, to argue anything else is just a willingness to be blind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member