The Ramseys are Cleared

Now they are saying that they RETESTED the panties DNA. Where did the tights come from??? I could have sworn I heard tights, not just here but on the news.

According to MSNBC she had been redressed into the leggings/tights.

I thought they ALWAYS said it was male DNA?

Found on waistband on leggings? Oh okay, so when she was "redressed" the waistband would come in contact with the panties, correct?

IMO, Mary Lacy just wanted to be rid of this once and for all.

Dr Baden is being interviewed saying that its a big leap to jump from what they have found to excluding anybody. He said something about DNA from the cleaners being found on the clothes many years ago?? So to proceed with caution.

They matched the DNA from the skin cells on the tights to the DNA in her underwear. They then ruled out all family members and investigators. They have no idea who the DNA belongs too.

And it took them how many years to determine this having had the tights and the undies since her murder...???... So much for modern technology and scientific research!

Wow! I never thought we'd get new info on this case. I need to rethink everything now.

IF and that is a big if, IF it clears everyone in CODIS everyone that was DNA tested at the time and since in other words this person apparently does not exist . Sounds Like a parting gift that Mary Lacy gave to the Ramseys to me and I frankly dont buy it!!

Dr Baden is being interviewed saying that its a big leap to jump from what they have found to excluding anybody. He said something about DNA from the cleaners being found on the clothes many years ago?? So to proceed with caution.

But doesn't the panty DNA match the tights DNA?? I believe that is what I'm understanding. Am I wrong?

And it took them how many years to determine this having had the tights and the undies since her murder...???... So much for modern technology and scientific research!

And they were probably stored together all this time.

This is crazy! An "intruder" who did all the things that were done to JonBenet and who was in many rooms in the house would leave a lot more than a scrap of DNA that took YEARS to discover.

Something's crooked in Boulder. Patsy wrote that note..........there was no intruder in their house that night.......and Patsy and John knew exactly what went on.

MSNBC has had a lot of coverage on this. Dan Abrams has been on, Pam has been interviewed. They are on news break now but are going back to it.

On Fox here they are saying its some kind of new Touch technology, when someone touches something (in this case her clothes) that they are able to lift DNA from that and that it matches the DNA that was taken in 1997

Maybe I'm not understanding that, but wouldn't that mean the DNA could have come from any investigator or technician who ever handled the evidence?

But doesn't the panty DNA match the tights DNA?? I believe that is what I'm understanding. Am I wrong?

no you're right. from what I understand the DNA in the underwear is a fluid and the tights are skin cells. So casual contact between the two did not cause both to have the same DNA.

Like I said this is NOT news DR Baden even said so ...... A parting gift from Lacy BAH I will trust Baden before Lacy any day!!

Yes MrsMush, you're right. And they would have been stored in separate evidence bags, not together so the dna wouldn't transfer from one garment to the other.

This evidence was not analyzed in Colorado, but in Virginia. That would be at Quantico, FBI labs.

JMHO
fran

I thought they ALWAYS said it was male DNA?

Found on waistband on leggings? Oh okay, so when she was "redressed" the waistband would come in contact with the panties, correct?

IMO, Mary Lacy just wanted to be rid of this once and for all.

That's what I thought and I agree, Mary Lacy wants to close the case especially after the Karr debacle.

Unless a perpetrator is caught I will never believe a stranger broke into the house leaving no evivdence of the break in, murdered JonBenet, then spent a few minutes writing and rewriting the most bizarre ransom note in history and disappeared without a trace except for miracle DNA that JUST surfaced.

For Christs sake, didnt' they retest everything when Karr confessed?

Didn't they come up with some bull like this a few years back? And the same arguments were used to shoot it down? I got excited for a moment. I don't think this clears the Ramseys.

Maybe I'm not understanding that, but wouldn't that mean the DNA could have come from any investigator or technician who ever handled the evidence?

Well I hope not since they should have been wearing gloves. And anyway they tested everyone that worked on the case and it was none of them either.

I used to have great faith in Dr. Baden, UNTIL the Phil Specter trial. The man needs to retire.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back