The "set up' questions

As if there are only two possibilities: he is lying or telling the truth. When he could simply be wrong, he was afterall 9.
Yes, he was only 9 and I give him a lot of leeway because of his age, but I think he was telling the truth here. This night turned out to be the most terrible night of his life, so his details were probably pretty clear. Also, according to Kolar, BR said they went straight home, no stops. I believe this too. IMO, he told the truth because he wasn't aware he was supposed to lie. And that's where him being only 9 comes into account. It's hard for a kid to know without being told, when to lie, so they tell the truth. He could have said he didn't remember, but he was only 9 and didn't know any better. moo

I've given this a lot of thought and here's what I think. I think they lied about the snack because they knew she was eating very near the time of the head bash...and they knew investigators would know this. How could they admit to feeding JB, but then have an investigator turn around with, 'and she was bashed within minutes of eating and we can prove it through digestion'. How could the Rs have even pretended to not hear anything, if this so called intruder attacked their daughter within in minutes of swallowing what they, the Rs fed her? I think at least one of the Rs was smart enough to understand that coroners find what the last thing eaten was, and can pinpoint a time it was eaten. moo

*ding ding ding*

and yes one of the Rs was smart enough...he was a huge fan of crime books.

with all due respect, where's the evidence for PR repressing memories?

The recording of the Smit interview is telling. Either she didn't do it or was repressing or was a very good actress. IMO, it's number two.

It's easy to see the abuse as coming from PR, but IMO, she just wasn't as insane as you make her sound. Also IMO, there were signs that she was covering for someone else. All moo.

I didn't say she was insane, I said she was psychotic.

And what signs?

I will make a hunch.
I think a 10 year old would try to make tea in a glass as shown in the pictures. I would love to hear what Burke has to say about the tea. I am sure he doesn't remember. (rolling eyes)
I also agree the pineapple and tea were just more things that the R's lied about. But why?
Twany, I agree with you above post. Why?
I drink a lot of tea and don't recognize that tea bag but there are hundreds of teas.

I have yet to see any evidence that PR was "psychotic". She exhibited other mental illnesses for sure, but psychosis? Mmmm, no.

So terrible he was described as cold and distant by the psychologist.
Regardless of who did what, this was a messed up kid from a messed up family. Who knows how he should have acted? I doubt even the psychologist knew. She may have had an idea, but was she basing her opinion on a normal kids' reaction to trauma? How much experience did she have dealing with kids who just might have witnessed a parent killing a sibling? So, yes she was probably spot on that BR was cold and distant, but the question is 'Why was he cold and distant'?

I didn't say she was insane, I said she was psychotic.

And what signs?
I didn't say you said she was insane, I said you made her sound insane. And from what you said about her trying to make JB into an angel...somebody Would have to be insane to do something so horrible. If PR did this, she bashed a hole in JB's head, raped her and strangled her to death. nothing angelic about that. If she was trying to make her into an angel, it's moo that she wouldn't have hurt her and defiled her. And you said it wasn't her goal to kill her? Really??? She did an awfully thorough job for that not to be her intention. Don't you think a 'psychotic', (with no goal to kill), would get lost in the delusion and 'think' she had turned her into an angel? And from what I've seen in cases like this, (Andrea Yates for eg), they confess and share their religious views, because they think they've done their children a service. PR didn't act proud of herself, she lied and was sneaky and peered at cops through splayed fingers. moo

With all due respect this is an example of the problem.

There is nothing audible on the 911 recording past Patsy, Patsy, Patsy ...

The enhanced version has not been made public, so one cannot conclude Burke was there.

9 year old Burke cannot be taken as THE authority as to JonBenet being awake or asleep.

I have already explained my version of the pineapple.

And the chronic abuse falls under the same idea: John Knew nothing about it because Patsy was doing it and she repressed the memory of it.

IMO, the open dictionary dogeared to the word incest was a way for Patsy to squeel on herself.
When it comes down to the nitty gritty, I'll take LE's word, even if I can't see or hear it for myself. Otherwise, we could all dismiss evidence that didn't fit our theories. So, investigators saying BR's voice is on the 911, is good enough for me. The Rs lied. moo

I didn't say you said she was insane, I said you made her sound insane. And from what you said about her trying to make JB into an angel...somebody Would have to be insane to do something so horrible.

Again, you say she would have to be insane, I say she was psychotic.

If PR did this, she bashed a hole in JB's head, raped her and strangled her to death. nothing angelic about that.

I didn't say patsy's actions were angelic.

If she was trying to make her into an angel, it's moo that she wouldn't have hurt her and defiled her. And you said it wasn't her goal to kill her? Really??? She did an awfully thorough job for that not to be her intention. .

The ending of the life was a means to an end.

Don't you think a 'psychotic', (with no goal to kill), would get lost in the delusion and 'think' she had turned her into an angel? And from what I've seen in cases like this, (Andrea Yates for eg), they confess and share their religious views, because they think they've done their children a service. PR didn't act proud of herself, she lied and was sneaky and peered at cops through splayed fingers. moo

Patsy wasn't Yates.

I'm assuming a lie (?) with the pineapple snack (even though it's been proven she lied since her fingerprints are on the bowl) but you're basically saying for sure she has a psychosis.

Ok.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu
Back