The Sidebar - Harris Trial #3 *VERDICT - GUILTY*

Discussion in 'Cooper Harris' started by tlcya, Nov 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pocketaccent

pocketaccent Well-Known Member

I think the State, rather than the defense, could have used BPD or NPD as to explain why RH did what he did. The defense would not want to do the same for obvious reasons (RH just forgot).

RH desperately needed Dr. Diamond's testimony and a psychologist specializing in PTSD/Trauma to explain RH's 'unusual' behavior after 'discovering' his dead child, and his demeanor during interrogation. :moo:

2. minor4th

minor4th Verified Attorney

IMO and in my experience, it is the more veteran judges who are more likely to rule how they want without worrying so much about appeals. The younger judges are more careful, but virtually all judges make errors and get reversed, including Staley.

She has made some rulings that have been controversial (including holding an attorney in contempt and jailing him without a hearing and refusing to give effect to a plea bargain between a young lady and the DA because she wanted the girl to be convicted of a felony and deported). She does not seem too concerned about upsetting the court of appeals.

3. MsMtOlympus

MsMtOlympus New Member

Couldn't agree more. Those interrogation tapes while just a piece of a puzzle are one hell of a puzzle piece.

4. TexMex

TexMex Punishment is justice for the unjust.

Do you know how many murder cases she's tried? How many of those have been reversed?
    TIA

5. EquallyDivided

EquallyDivided New Member

Absolutely, I was just grabbing *insert disorder here* to question if the defense explored ANY of these options as part of their defense - and if they did, I would love to know those answers!

I mean, it only stands to reason that they would have conducted tests, and either he's completely normal or has a disorder that would make him hard to defend. If it came back normal, wouldn't you want to present that in court?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

6. minor4th

minor4th Verified Attorney

No idea at all.

7. MsMtOlympus

MsMtOlympus New Member

Was just listening to the latest installment of the Atlanta Journal Constitution's "Breakdown" podcast (Season 2 is focused on the Harris case). The episode was recorded prior to yesterday's verdict and like all the previous eps, has some interesting observations about the trial. At one point, the host, Bill Rankin, actually mentions his irritation with Boring's overuse of the phrase "and things of that nature". (!)

iTunes link if anyone's interested:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/breakdown/id992983540?mt=2&ign-mpt=uo=4

8. Jax49

Jax49 Florida Native

I haven't followed this case, but if I could ask one quick question--was it normal routine for RH to take Cooper to day care? Or was this day out of the ordinary? TIA

9. PositiveLight

PositiveLight Active Member

I just wanted to pop in and say I'm SO GLAD he was found guilty!!!!
    One angel baby has gotten justice! Thankful!!! Well Done Jury! :clap:
    May precious little Cooper rest in peace now. :heartbeat: My prayers are with the extended family and the jurors and prosecution tonight.

10. TexMex

TexMex Punishment is justice for the unjust.

He typically took him. It was very close to his Home Depot office

11. Ambitioned

Ambitioned Active Member

I can't say it any better than PL. Well done Jury!! :tyou:

12. JudyBolton

JudyBolton In memory: My dear friend Martha Mickel, kidnapped

Has anyone posted the statement by Leanna's attorney? I am shocked that Cooper has no headstone? (sorry this is so small - I could not copy and adjust size)

zimmerman.jpg

13. EquallyDivided

EquallyDivided New Member

So, did she not get the $27,000 life insurance policy?

If so, was it used to pay for RH's defense, instead?

I'm absolutely disgusted. It's not that expensive, I call BS - what in the SAM HILL is wrong with these people #! $@!!!!!!!!!!!

14. SuperTmo

SuperTmo Well-Known Member

I laughed at the idea of Kilgore being labeled brilliant." I agree with you... he was subpar. I knew they had no defense when they had the realtor testify that RH expressed vague interest in buying a house in a good school district.

15. DeDee

DeDee Well-Known Member

Mental Health is a valid topic to discuss given the fact that JRH was convicted of heinous crimes and klling his own little boy named Cooper. Surely, he must be cra cra.

JRH was aware of the difference between right and wrong behaviors. He sought help and reached out to others in their church group b/c LH was going to tell about his sexting habit at her group. He attended and played guitar in the band during church service. LH sat alone?

JRH was not diagnosed as schizophrenic or was he? Schizophrenia is about the only mental disorder, that I am aware of, that might be considered as a valuable mental disorder to consider under these circumstances.

http://www.vitals.com/education/careguides/schizophrenia

Early Warning Signs of Schizophrenia My opinions/comments are in red.
    • Paranoia, suspiciousness, hostility Possible paranoia; researched punishment for engaging in underage sex. Hostile indeed.
    • Inappropriate emotional display with crying or laughing Yes.
    • Lack of expression Seem forced and unnatural.
    • Depression Possibly.
    • Insomnia or sleeping too much Yes.
    • Irrational or inappropriate statements Sexting; addiction to sex.
    • Loss of memory, lack of focus, confusion Possibly.
    • Withdrawal from friends, family and society No. The opposite is true.
    • Lack of personal hygiene Occasionally.
    • Reacting to criticism with hostility What is more hostile than leaving your baby boy in a Hot Car for seven hours?

http://www.vitals.com/#ixzz4Q7rQH5Au

There was no testimony about JRH currently being on prescription medications for ED or any mental health condition. His medical records and Cooper's were subpoenaed by the state early on in the case.

16. DeDee

DeDee Well-Known Member

IMHO, JRH suffered from a NPD big time! The image of his selfie taken inside the upscale BuckHead bathroom says all of that and more. Another member suggests this PD and I concur, in particular, since he placed his wants over the responsibility and tender care of Cooper.

It has also been hinted at JRH being a sociopath. Sociopaths adore garnering attention whether it is for doing bad stuff or while being a funny, charming, sharp person. Telling in sext conversation that he had no conscious is meant to shock and it did.

Sociopaths, by their very nature, are social people. They are capable of mimicking others' behavior and reactions since they possess little or no natural empathy or compassion for others.

We could not understand the painful death of Cooper without knowing of JRHs escalating behavior leading up to and on that fateful day in 2014. As presented, an appeal will not be granted.

:moo: JRH could be a complex study of human behavior. Human behavior is what I study in cases. Personalities and what makes each participant do things and say stuff fascinates me. Hence, imhoo, JRH possibly has NPD comorbid with Schizophrenia and Sociopath tendencies.

17. Jewels53

Jewels53 Well-Known Member

Court Chatter Live! Ross Harris Trial: Verdict Analysis w/Phil Holloway, Esq.

[video=youtube;Grofi7Qz7sQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Grofi7Qz7sQ[/video]

If you are interested, it has already started. I just started listening.

18. Renee110

Renee110 Stop letting criminals off the Hook!

Thanks for posting this! Oh my I loved this show years ago and still wish she had chosen Spike....

19. dizzychick

dizzychick Well-Known Member

I thought he was gonna bust out crying at the verdict, it appeard he took it worse than Ross lol

20. SuperTmo

SuperTmo Well-Known Member

I've been following this as well and I think she is guilty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.