The Sidebar - Harris Trial #3 *VERDICT - GUILTY*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still shaking my head over this part of her statement.

So tell me Leanna, if the parent is not the problem, then who IS to blame? Cooper? The car manufacturer? The baby seat manufacturer? ChickFilA? Home Depot? Oh wait, it's a society in denial that's the problem.

WTF?????????

It's not something that just "happens", like rain falling out of the sky, or day turning to night (and even in those examples there's a predictability to the events). Someone put Cooper in the car that day, he didn't get in by himself. And someone left him in the car that day. It didn't just "happen".

Something is very messed up in her thinking process, IMO. I feel bad for her that she lost her child, but I get the distinct impression I feel worse for Cooper than she does.

I just have chime in because it really burns my toast she said this because as a couple leaving their son in the car was their worst fear. Steps could have and should have been made to make each other accountable to remember him in that car seat. I don't in the true sense blame her but to put it on society is wrong. You can't truthfully stop a parent who is determined to use deceit to murder.

I don't know who else may have brought it up besides me, but I know I did at last twice.

Years and years ago, when I was in my early 20's, I was proscribed progesterone for irregular periods. It made me extremely depressed. I mean, really, really, really bad. So when back in the 90's they came out with progesterone implants for birth control I thought well, good luck with that. I don't remember how long that was on the market before a class action lawsuit was filed. People, (not here), but in general seem to avoid any discussion of hormones and how they affect behavior. I also think there were some of his other behaviors that bear looking at in regards to his mental status. I was very surprised the DEF didn't have a physical and psych eval done. But maybe they were thinking nothing good would come of that.
If you look up the side effects of too much testosterone some of them are indicative to RH behaviour.
Edit to say this in now way reflects a commentary on the verdict. I think the jury made the right decision and did a great job looking at all the evidence.
I just wish that in general the medical profession would take note of the side effects of medication.

thank you for this post, since I heard he was on testosterone it rang a bell with me. If LH thinks he was not taking it anymore I wouldnt belive him unless I could test his blood for it lol If he saw and felt an increase in that area I could very well see him getting hooked just like any other drug. Like my bi-polar friend who also had asthma and abused predizone for the effect she got which was lack of sleep, increased energy and this gal has paid dearly for addiction, she now has the bones of a 90 year old woman the doctor told her!

What can the DT do anydifferently to prove Ross’ innocence? Either the jury buys it, or they don’t. In this case they didn’t. Whatmore can the DT add? IMO, nothing!

They are appealing the higher courts for a retrial. and in that new trial, they would hope to change some of Staley's rulings----like severing the sexting minors charges from the main trial, throwing out the phone logs because it was taken from him before it was legally warranted, and the defenses ability to openly question Detective Murphy about the search warrants and the application process for them....among other things.

If they got all of the above it would be e very different trial, imo.

And another thing we can’t forget, or can we? Lol… This trial got moved to another county due to finding jurors who didn’t already think he was guilty. Yes, they didn’t have all the facts yet, but the facts that they did have, still showed most people he was guilty. So why is the DT trying to get this overturned, or whatever it is they are trying to do. Haven’t we had enough?

I absolutely agree the defense had a psychological evaluation done.
They also had the premiere expert on FBS ready to testify and did not call him

I believe that when that expert heard the evidence not provided by the defense from speaking with the prosecutors, the expert became a liability to the defense team. If your expert is going to concede evidence you didn't provide, best not to put them on the stand.

IMO the defense will not get an appeal granted. The stuff they are upset about-most of it was addressed during the trial they just didn't like the ruling.

IMO the jury got it right.

Ross consented to the phone search and gave his passcode. Prosecution addressed the search warrants in his closing. The sexting goes to motive IMO. A lot of it was ruled on prior to the trial if I remember correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO the defense will not get an appeal granted. The stuff they are upset about-most of it was addressed during the trial they just didn't like the ruling.

IMO the jury got it right.

Ross consented to the phone search and gave his passcode. Prosecution addressed the search warrants in his closing. The sexting goes to motive IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree. The sexting was disturbing but it's what Ross was doing the day before and the day of the killing. It goes to state of mind and motive.
It's not the prosecutor's fault sex was brought into this case. That was Ross' doing.

Agree with the jury.

Justice is served and I hope his days in prison are horrible.

Cooper deserved better than EITHER of these "parents" ; imo. Rest gently, baby boy !!

Any recommendations for upcoming trials? I'm waiting on Gabe Gaeta (Jenise Wright) and Justin Rector (Bella Grogan-Cannella) but it's not clear if either will be televised like this one.

[video=youtube;7XdAQpq_1Xw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XdAQpq_1Xw[/video]

I used to work for a DP qualified attorney and have watched numerous trials. I typically favor the job of the defense attorney since the prosecution typically has so many things swaying the case in their favor. I think that Kilgore was going strong with what he had until Brewer. At that point something changed and it was noticeable in his body language and his strategy had to have changed, IMO, because they ended on such a weak note.

What surprised me is that I thought that in Openings that Kilgore brought up Diamond and FBS. That's a big thing to tell the jury they will hear and not follow through on. I may be mistaken. I do know that openings are not testimony but if he brought up FBS then I'm sure the jury expected him to address it. I was also surprised that he wasn't better at keeping his body language composed and neutral when strategy unexpectedly changes. If we noticed I'm sure the jury did.

I thought both sides were competent. Until Brewer I thought that Kilgore had the edge.

I don't see people attacking Kilgore here. Offering critiques, yes. Boring made mistakes as well but I've never been as interested in prosecution teams.

Any recommendations for upcoming trials? I'm waiting on Gabe Gaeta (Jenise Wright) and Justin Rector (Bella Grogan-Cannella) but it's not clear if either will be televised like this one.

[video=youtube;7XdAQpq_1Xw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XdAQpq_1Xw[/video]

I plan to keep an eye on the trial for the two college students accused of killing Nicole Lovell in Virginia. There are so many unanswered questions - especially about motive and how the two perps came up with the idea of murder - that I will be paying attention.

I followed little Jenise's case, but I won't pay much attention to the trial as I feel so strongly that Gabe is indeed guilty. Once he was caught, I felt ready to leave that case.

The Bella case is another one with some mystery - who exactly was to blame, the mom or the man?

There is also the D.C. case - the killing of the father, mother, son, and housekeeper, followed by arson of the home. So many unanswered questions in that case too.

See you in the (virtual) courtroom there?

How? She couldn't even convince her own husband not to "forget" her baby in the car. She said in her statement for other parents to be wise and accept it can happen to them so they wouldn't walk the path she is on. But RH and LH both accepted this and were afraid of it, yet they did nothing to prevent it.

Right, definitely not an advocate for change. To me, LH sounds more like an advocate for the "accidents" to just continue. Her words imply sympathy not for kids but for the parent who leaves a child in a hot car. She insists hot car deaths have happened and will continue to happen through no one's fault and everyone will just have to accept it and quit trying to hold parents accountable.

I plan to keep an eye on the trial for the two college students accused of killing Nicole Lovell in Virginia. There are so many unanswered questions - especially about motive and how the two perps came up with the idea of murder - that I will be paying attention.

I followed little Jenise's case, but I won't pay much attention to the trial as I feel so strongly that Gabe is indeed guilty. Once he was caught, I felt ready to leave that case.

The Bella case is another one with some mystery - who exactly was to blame, the mom or the man?

There is also the D.C. case - the killing of the father, mother, son, and housekeeper, followed by arson of the home. So many unanswered questions in that case too.

I might pop back in to the Nicole Lovell upcoming trial. I started following that case from the very beginning but as other cases came up, I haven't gotten back to it. Will see you there, I hope.

I will also be following the Moorer's, specifically Sidney will probably get another trial date after the new year, next up on trial is his wife Tammy, and their trial for the murder of Heather Elvis. I sat through the whole trial over the summer, and the jury came back hung. I was so, so, so afraid we would get a hung jury here in Cooper Harris, but glad that everyone on the jury eventually came to their senses. Can we move this jury to the Heather Elvis trial???

Other than that, there's is my little Slovenia friend, aka Angelika Graswald, who is accused of killing her fiance Vincent Viafore in a kayaking "accident" on the Hudson River. I dunno, I think that little girl is innocent, albeit her interrogation video is a hot mess and there was talk of some sloppy investigation, but I am probably the only person here following that case.

Anything else out there? I feel like I have trial withdrawal.

Hopefully, The McStay trial will be starting soon. I would like to see JUSTICE for those two little boys, who were killed with a claw hammer...:tears:

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/ross-harr...eady-beginning-paperwork-for-appeal/467213635

Ross Harris' attorney already beginning paperwork for appeal

--snip
[Kilgore] said after the verdict was read, Harris, who didn’t show much emotion in the courtroom, told them he could finally begin to grieve his son’s death.

“Ross didn’t say a word. Not one word about what happened in that courtroom. Instead, he recognized that now he can begin the grieving process that he’s not been able to go through the last two-plus years. And he talked about Cooper -- how much he misses him, how much he’s missed him since June 18, 2014, how much he’ll continue to miss him,” Kilgore said.

BBM: This is something you'd expect to hear from the loved one of a missing person whose body has finally been found after two years. JRH's kid is dead because of him. He saw him dead, touched his lifeless body. He then walked away.

So if he's held his grief in suspended animation for TWO AND A HALF YEARS, what was the 'glass case of emotion' we witnessed?

What's he been doing all this time? Pretending Cooper's not dead because of him? :thinking:

I used to work for a DP qualified attorney and have watched numerous trials. I typically favor the job of the defense attorney since the prosecution typically has so many things swaying the case in their favor. I think that Kilgore was going strong with what he had until Brewer. At that point something changed and it was noticeable in his body language and his strategy had to have changed, IMO, because they ended on such a weak note.

What surprised me is that I thought that in Openings that Kilgore brought up Diamond and FBS. That's a big thing to tell the jury they will hear and not follow through on. I may be mistaken. I do know that openings are not testimony but if he brought up FBS then I'm sure the jury expected him to address it. I was also surprised that he wasn't better at keeping his body language composed and neutral when strategy unexpectedly changes. If we noticed I'm sure the jury did.

I thought both sides were competent. Until Brewer I thought that Kilgore had the edge.

I don't see people attacking Kilgore here. Offering critiques, yes. Boring made mistakes as well but I've never been as interested in prosecution teams.

The mistakes Boring made had been brought up ad nauseam. I didn't feel the need to touch on them myself.

At the beginning of the trial, I felt for sure Kilgore was getting Ross off on the Cooper charges. (Nothing he could do about the minor charges, IMO.) Something happened at the end and it fell apart. I'm not bashing Kilgore, I just think he crashed and burned. I was pretty shocked. He came out incredibly strong. Honestly, I don't think Boring was good in the trial. But it didn't matter in the end. I thought the defense did little to refute what he did bring, and Brewer was a disaster IMO.

Right, but he comes up short in comparison, if you look at the final results. Baez got his client off scot free. Nurmi saved his worthless client from the Death Penalty.

Not only that but isn't it his job to help his clients likeability? (Not a word but you get it). He should have plead guilty to the minor charges or ignored it and have amazing answers ready to deal with it and gone guns blazing on the murder issue..only ross could have saved ross and he should have gotten his client to do that.

I'm waiting on the D.C. One....that's my backyard.

I'm also interested in the Sherri panini one....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23