The Single Piece of Henkel Duct Tape Found NOT on Remains

I've never heard of tape being a hazard ,either,IBO ,and I've taken many,many classes on child safety,childproofing and have had inspections in my home every year to be a liscensed foster parent.I'm confounded with this one. :waitasec: I need to hunt up this info since the grandkids could be at risk,now.

you have to hunt up info to see if tape getting around a child's neck if they find it and play with it is hazardous? :waitasec:

you have to hunt up info to see if tape getting around a child's neck if they find it and play with it is hazardous? :waitasec:

Yes,I've never heard about this happening to a child before,nor has it ever been mentioned in any of the foster parenting classes I've taken where they stress child safety.You stated it along with several other wellknown safety hazards as if it were a fact. If it is considered a hazard I will try to find that info.Is it ALL tape? Or just duct tape? Or is it some type of tape I don't even own?
ETA: unless you could provide me with a link to your source : ) Thanks

Also what is that mark on the bottom edge of tape towards the left side? It looks kinda like the tip of a finger but I know it can't be.
Good Morning Christee, That to me looks like the logo found pn the other images of tape. It may be something different, not sure.

Good Morning Christee, That to me looks like the logo found pn the other images of tape. It may be something different, not sure.
It looks like th logo to me,also. Until these pics I had never seen duct tape with a logo on the outside.

Yes,I've never heard about this happening to a child before,nor has it ever been mentioned in any of the foster parenting classes I've taken where they stress child safety.You stated it along with several other wellknown safety hazards as if it were a fact. If it is considered a hazard I will try to find that info.Is it ALL tape? Or just duct tape? Or is it some type of tape I don't even own?
ETA: unless you could provide me with a link to your source : ) Thanks

If you're serious, yes, anything a child can get wound around their neck is potentially hazardous, any kind of tape is just like any other cord basically but stickier. Just don't let small kids play with it unsupervised or wind it around themselves, you know, just like with any other cords. No one was talking about duct tape specifically in this regard here, though, no one suggested Caylee died from accidentally taping herself with duct tape or something. We were talking generally (in two posts) about tape, it got taken out of context. Obviously the way Caylee was taped was intentional, the tape was placed by someone big enough to cut and place pieces of duct tape, etc. Back to topic we go, have a good one, MissJ :)

If you're serious, yes, anything a child can get wound around their neck is potentially hazardous, any kind of tape is just like any other cord basically but stickier. Just don't let small kids play with it unsupervised or wind it around themselves, you know, just like with any other cords. No one was talking about duct tape specifically in this regard here, though, no one suggested Caylee died from accidentally taping herself with duct tape or something. We were talking generally (in two posts) about tape, it got taken out of context. Obviously the way Caylee was taped was intentional, the tape was placed by someone big enough to cut and place pieces of duct tape, etc. Back to topic we go, have a good one, MissJ :)

Okay,so before I continue my search and try to get this added to the safety classes,is this your opinion or is it actually listed as a safety hazard somewhere?Can you point me to the posts discussing this?

Waiting for a photo of these brackets!!!!!

This is a picture of the brackets:

bedkcz.jpg

Okay,so before I continue my search and try to get this added to the safety classes,is this your opinion or is it actually listed as a safety hazard somewhere?Can you point me to the posts discussing this?

Wouldn't this tend to fit more in the "common sense" category?
I don't know if one could list all the possible hazards. It's sorta like when manufacturers started adding warnings on the paper taped to the cord on blow dryers - stating "do not use while bathing".

Wouldn't this tend to fit more in the "common sense" category?
I don't know if one could list all the possible hazards. It's sorta like when manufacturers started adding warnings on the paper taped to the cord on blow dryers - stating "do not use while bathing".

Seagull stated it as though it was a known safety hazard.My kids actually have played with tape.It used to keep them entertained. I have never heard it was a hazard before.Several other posters also stated they had never heard that.I was just wondering if this was actually stated somewhere as you read articles and there are safety classes and warning labels on chords and plastic grocery bags.Those were the two other dangerous items Seagull mentioned.It might seem common sense,but there are labels on those items.I've never seen a warning label on tape and thought she could point me in the right direction. Sorry it's kept us OT,but child safety is an important area to me and she sounded as though she had some info on it that I could use.

Perhaps ya'll could start a thread about safety hazzards over in the Parking Lot? That way we won't get off the task at hand in this thread...how about that?

Unless...
and this is horrible so get ready...

she taped up her face with straight duct tape and then she taped a bag over her head and taped THAT to her chest? so she would never actually have to even SEE her face again...This could also account for why the tape may have been gnawed as it appears to have been. She could have taped it around her neck just as easily.

I have been so sick while researching on this particular aspect...it has broken my heart and my spirit and I only continue to pursue it in hopes of the JUSTICE that Caylee so rightly deserves prevailing!:sick::furious:

Considering the length I think around the neck is probably even more probable.

Looking at the length of the piece (7 1/2") I have torn off a roll myself, it doesn't appear long enough to be used efficiently to tape a bag all the way around. I'm also not seeing a clear enough case for any remnants of bag material on the tape.

Based on the length, could that piece have been used to cover Caylee's eyes?

MOO

Photo 14/15 item Q318 appears to be the 13" piece. (see post above my fox orlando link)

something haunting about the patterns of light and dark on this piece . . . (maybe I am seeing kittens)

Looking at the length of the piece (7 1/2") I have torn off a roll myself, it doesn't appear long enough to be used efficiently to tape a bag all the way around. I'm also not seeing a clear enough case for any remnants of bag material on the tape.

Based on the length, could that piece have been used to cover Caylee's eyes?

MOO
Sounds plausible.:sick: The sadness of these thoughts just breaks your heart!:banghead: I do think this piece may have also been on the face and was torn away by whatever predators...well, you know...It is likely that was the case...And it stands to reason she had taped over her eyes too, and maybe first so she would not see her eyes as she did the remaining task at hand...Seems there would have been eye hair on that piece though, if it had been on her eyes...of course, it could well have deteriorated away with the other fibers that vanished in the elements...:furious:

+

Posted the following on the George deposition thread, but I think it should be discussed here:

Page 270 (George deposition) has an interesting question.

George is asked whether or not Caylee could pull Velcro apart. George does not know - has not seen her do it, but possible. He was also asked about manual dexterity and whether or not she was able to button / un-button things as well as snap and unsnap things.

I think I know why Ashton asked that question. Pulling Velcro apart is about as difficult as pulling duct tape off a surface, like skin. We know from the latest dump (an FBI email) that the SA is looking to do a computer 3D graphic showing the tape over Caylee's mouth and nose. I'm thinking the SA believes KC did this to suffocate Caylee.

It's possible the lone piece of Henkel's tape (Q-100) that was found away from the skull is the one piece of tape Caylee was able to remove before she died. It is damaged on one end. Folks have hypothesized it was due to animals. I think the SA believes it was due to Caylee clawing at it. :cry:

P. 10265 (from the last dump) has a picture of the tape.

JWG, See my Post #4 on this thread, with the Q318 piece of duct tape, measuring 13".5 x 2" , which I believe is the longest piece I have seen recorded. Actually there are many on Pg 19 of that link What are your feelings, on the length, of that particular piece of tape.

Was the piece of tape on the gas can checked for fingerprints and DNA (George's)?? TIA!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back