THE SPOTA TRIAL...assuming he goes to trial.

I heard some rumors that McPartland is going to get a bigger sentence than Spota. Word is Spota is blaming Burke and McPartland for his troubles. McPartland could wind up with more time than Burke, Spota, and HIckey

They should both get the max within the guidelines for the offenses. McPartland's attorney asks for no jail time in his sentencing memorandum (see page 36 (filed page), text page 31).
Sentencing Memorandum – #266 in United States v. McPartland (E.D.N.Y, 2:17-cr-00587) – CourtListener.com

Because McPartland is such a stand-up guy. Just like Spota.

Doesn't look like Spota's sentencing memo or the government's has been filed yet.

I heard some rumors that McPartland is going to get a bigger sentence than Spota. Word is Spota is blaming Burke and McPartland for his troubles. McPartland could wind up with more time than Burke, Spota, and HIckey

You seem in loop and read-in on a lot of information that the rest of are not. Can you shed any light on the "anonymous letter to Spota" and the "Reply" in Post 100?

... Can you shed any light on the "anonymous letter to Spota" and the "Reply" in Post 100?

“As an anonymous letter was being sent out to officials warning about allegations of misconduct against James Burke — who was being considered for Suffolk Police chief of department — District Attorney Thomas Spota wrote a letter in December 2011 defending the now-disgraced officer for his “outstanding leadership abilities” and calling the allegations about him “trash.”

DA called Burke allegations 'trash' in '11 letter

“The letter included specific allegations of misconduct and warned Bellone to bypass the ex-Suffolk County police officer and district attorney chief investigator: Burke “was known to frequent prostitutes” and “committed at least one armed home invasion” to retrieve a service weapon stolen from him by a prostitute. He interfered with an Internal Affairs investigation into an officer accused of assault. He used damaging information gleaned from a wiretap as leverage to control Bellone’s predecessor, Steve Levy. And he “threatens subordinates with forced transfers, and tells them he is untouchable and that they have no protection and that he will ruin their career forever.”

The letter ... indicates it was written by “dedicated hard working members” of the Suffolk Police Department.” Bellone warned James Burke’s past would lead to scandal

If you open the attachments in the above post by Jurisprudence you will see they are based on the story written by Newsday Reporter Tania Lopez. Without the reporting of Lopez about the duffle bag stolen out of Burke's car this story would have never happened. When she went to interview SCPD members that may have specific knowledge of what happened after it was alleged Burke was detained twice for soliciting prostitutes in Brooklyn Newsday received a letter from SCPD SOA to cease and desist from asking about Burke. THAT LETTER should have been printed on the front page of the paper the next day. Instead, NOTHING!

In three weeks, Sentencing date occurs.
An Era has ended. The Burke Spota McPartland regime is over, at least figuratively.

There is a god, and it was Burke Spota and McPartland.
I do not believe Spota will see one day inside prison. I do believe McPartland will.
Spota is a very powerful man, he's been in power for a long time, and still weilds it today.
The one with the amazing amount of information regarding Spota has been Hawkshaw.
Well, your day is coming to watch Tommie at his sentencing, you were there for Burke,
now Spota. If I remember correctly, Burke's was standing room only.

After all of this time this guy is still not remanded. They let him go home and he doesn't have to report until December 10th. In the interim, appeals will be filed. Was anyone on here in court today who might know why he wasn't remanded? It's not like he hasn't had years to get his affairs in order. Geeze.

And, I understand prosecutors sought an upward departure from the sentencing guidelines to 8 years (for this charge with no priors max is almost 6 years) and it wasn't granted, but the $100k fine they requested was. Not sure how the judge couldn't find aggravating factors to justify it. He deserves more.

They don't really do that in the federal court. When my former son in law got his Court of Appeals court turned down Spota's office called him that very same day and told him to turn himself in to be sent to prison. Somewhere during his journey through the courts they tried to get his bail revoked and the Suffolk Supreme heard the case. The ADA that handled the appeal portion told our lawyer he had to make an effort to place him in jail, but he wasn't going to try too hard - wink, wink. I can tell you this because that ADA is no longer there. When the SIL was told to reports to the court/DA for prison the same ADA told our lawyer if I showed up they had a 'surprise' for me. Pissed me off big time because I wasn't going anyway and that only wanted to make me go, which I did not.

the marriage of Tommie and Jimmie crashed and burned in the ultimate train wreck. in one month Tommie will get his just deserts. Funny thing - Spota never arrested Pak for Mann act, or other charges, so a low life sex trafficker who belongs in prison is free, and the Queen cockroach of all corrupt powerful slimebuckets who slithered out of a sewer is going to prison kicking & screaming and crying to Judge Azrack that he will die in prison. ha ha on you Spota.

Another poster thought I WAS#1 BEATLESFAN. I am not! But he/she is OK in my book. Spota will only be going on a forced vacation. Him and his buddy are even getting the chance to pick their own prison. Not too far from home so the family can visit. I wish the scummers knew what it felt like when my daughter and the 5 yr old granddaughter had to trek to Wende Correctional near Buffalo to see the SIL. Both should die in prison the day they are released.

Another poster thought I WAS#1 BEATLESFAN. I am not! But he/she is OK in my book. Spota will only be going on a forced vacation. Him and his buddy are even getting the chance to pick their own prison. Not too far from home so the family can visit. I wish the scummers knew what it felt like when my daughter and the 5 yr old granddaughter had to trek to Wende Correctional near Buffalo to see the SIL. Both should die in prison the day they are released.

No -
#1 BEATLESFAN is not Hawkshaw. But he could be Ringo cuz he has been beating the drum for years and clouding the skies over New York about the diabolical evil Spota & Burke evil evil evil team of the Title Wave of bull shyte out of the mouths of professional liars Burke & Spota.

Spota can rot in hell and he will still survive because cockroaches survive the most powerful poisons to kill them. They survive.

“Hell is empty, and all the devils are here.” Shakespeare, The Tempest.

I want to remind all of you followers that Hawkshaw predicted the train wreck destined to happen in the disastrous marriage of Tommie and the ultimate narcissist, and Jimmie, a long time ago. Internally, trust me, the cracks in the foundation were already beginning to appear long before Loeb exposed Burke & Spota for the perverts they truly are..

Spota is going to Club Fed for being a liar and a pervert who covered up for little Jimmie's secret sex life of sexual sadist pervert freak.

Spota destined to inherit a shitfest that destroyed him. Spiritual blowback, aka karma, is a nasty thing. Like every soul on this sorry earth, he has made his bed, and now he must lie in it. Justice will be served. Like so many of America’s satanically corrupt public servants, undone by their arrogance, hubris, folly and narcissistic ambition.

ta ta Tommie I rather enjoy the professional victimizers Crying Game you are showing to the world. L-O-S-E-R

When I confronted Weasel Sini at his LAST town hall meeting I asked him didn't he think the right thing to do was to take a look at my SIL's case given the fact three of the architects of the frame job have gone to jail or going to jail. I was referring to Burke just getting out of jail. Jim Hickey who already. plead guilty and was going to testify in FED court against Spota. All GUILTY and that Sini didn't it was worthy of taking another look at.

When I confronted Weasel Sini at his LAST town hall meeting I asked him didn't he think the right thing to do was to take a look at my SIL's case given the fact three of the architects of the frame job have gone to jail or going to jail. I was referring to Burke just getting out of jail. Jim Hickey who already. plead guilty and was going to testify in FED court against Spota. All GUILTY and that *** Sini didn't it was worthy of taking another look at.

You were a Guest on Breaking it down. Aren't you going on it again?

i was thinking #1beatles fan is goodfellas...either way, they both have great posts!!!

I think MacKay is going to lighten up with Lisk to give DA- Elect some time to get his feet on the ground and see if there is a viable direction to take. This is no easy task that Mr. Tierney has undertaken. - he has his work cut out for him. Tierney knows where most of the bodies are buried. The problem is digging them up, body by body. Not an easy task. I was actually around in two major DA transitions. It takes time and good intel.

I truly believe the people of Suffolk County are truly lucky to now have a DA that has broken the many decades of corruption with a real DA.

I think MacKay is going to lighten up with Lisk to give DA- Elect some time to get his feet on the ground and see if there is a viable direction to take.

Tierney knows where most of the bodies are buried. The problem is digging them up, body by body. Not an easy task.

I truly believe the people of Suffolk County are truly lucky to now have a DA that has broken the many decades of corruption with a real DA.

Bet u dinner at Teller's - that in one year NOVEMBER 11, 2022, NOTHING but lies comes out of Tierney's
mouth regarding LISK case. Nuttin' but a cover-up from the start.
Tierney was chosen by little Jimmy and groomed for this.

Bissett, Lanieri. and THREE OTHERs committed suicide. Bissett's wifey
was harassed by the cops same way Tania Lopez was- as long as burke
is alive, he will destroy anyone who gets a whiff of throwing him in
prison to die there like his daddy Gent, and his sugar daddy Tommie

I had lunch with the press in Central Islip cafeteria o n December 12, 2019. The Commodore [Newsday] had
an interview w Spota's wife. I would have loved to be a fly
on the wall for that. I combed the paper everyday since, and
it has never been in that paper.Was she ratting him & Burke out
or was she playing the "we've been oh so happily married for 50
years" BULL SHYTE

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads