The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone ever watched the tv show decoded with brad meltzer or something like that .In that tv show they use GPR alot like alot alot. and even from seeing when they use sonar on a boat to find lochness or whatever the case is ,, It's usually 1 in a 100 times that whatever the , IT SHOWS SOMETHING, on radar very rarelly does it ever turn out to be what they think it is almost never infact its a stick or a pipe not what they thought it was is my point. I have seen the 8 minute clip a few times and of coarse i cand say no its not them I can only say that 95 percent of the time its not what they think and working alot of construction in my life when your laying cement you can throw what ever u want on the ground pop cans reebar 10 feet long it dont matter because they poor 8 to 12 inches of cement over top of everything your nrver gonna see whats on the bottom . Anyway thats my 2 cents in the pot . yes the gpr shows there is something there,But in all honesty gpr or any radar is wrong 95 percent of the time...

First, Bartt Streeter is a victim, both in actuality and in WS TOS (terms of service). No one in LE has ever cited him as a suspect or a person of interest. If my mother and sister had disappeared, were murdered and perhaps tortured, I would get upset if people who never met me on an internet board accused me of murdering them. He has every right to say whatever he wants in response. And if he didn't respond in some way, people would interpret that as a sign of something.

As for Kathee, she actually works on this case, has spent thousands of hours and can do whatever she wants with what she develops. When she DOES share something (e.g., the parking garage tips), she is criticized for that. I hope we can agree that we value the sub-forum enough that we won't jeopardize it in this way, because trust me, the mods here won't tolerate it.

I was upset with myself for not responding to the posts about Bartt when I saw them. He has my heartfelt support and sympathy. And I count Kathee as a friend, albeit one I met in cyberspace. She has my deep respect for her commitment to the case. And I hope I don't get a time out for responding to this stuff rather than just pushing the alert button.

I think long time posters of this and other sites know I will not be bullied into revealing information. I have spent countless hours and an insane amount of money trying to help solve this case.

Drake and MMan, don't take it personally. It takes a long time to develop trust with people who have the information I seek. If you want answers from Bartt, ask him. It is up to him whether or not he wants to answer them. I will not speak for him.

As far as alibi's go and whether he, or anyone else, has been totally cleared is Neal's answer to that question, "EVERYONE is still considered a suspect."

I am trying to catch up with this thread. Sorry, life happens! With all due respect Hurricane, the early morning hours of Saturday and Sunday are THE ONLY critical ones that matter. As for what happened the night before I have witnesses that are willing to give statements that debunk some of Janelle's claims!

I am sure that I am aware of at least some of the discrepancies, if not all from the witnesses of which you speak. I find most of that, say from the time Suzie and Stacy arrived at the Kirby residence until they disbanded from the Joy residence and left for Delmar to be minor discrepancies. Therefore in my opinion the only part of Janelle's statement which can not be collaborated fully is the early Sunday morning hours, say from when she says she started calling until they leave for the local water slide, or thereabouts.

CaliMama, a lot of folks want to say it was a psychic tip at the hospital, but scientific evidence, in the form of GPR, there is something under the parking garage.

Scientific evidence shows something there. What has never been developed to my knowledge, other than the miracles of refrigeration that we hear about all the time, is evidence that would put them there which could lead LE to obtain a search warrant.

Kathee, what led you to the garage other than psychics? Case and point.

Doesn't matter what GPR shows. Did you use GPR on other garages, other areas? That would help a lot. You scanned one insignificant area. Even if something other than psychics led you there, why would the police do a dig without something hard to go by? Even you know they can't do that.

Cox's garage. They are the ones that can do something about it. Putting it in LE's hands was smart, but that doesn't mean LE needs to do a dig. However, it MIGHT say they already know who the perp is. And just have elusive evidence.

Drake....several tipsters pointed me to the garage. You're not going to bully me into revealing anything else about it. The SPD is in possession of my written statement. Ummmm.....because even they had tips about the same parking garage.

Yes, other properties were scanned as well.

Cox has agreed to the core, but only if LE does it. Call them if you like.

Kathee, can you be more specific about what "claims" that Jannelle said that were debunked. I thought it was fairly well established they left her house at about 2:20 AM to go to the Delmar address. Is there something of importance that we don't know? Such as, was there room in the house in Battlefield and the girls were encouraged to leave against their intention. Or are you talking about what happened when Jannelle said she began calling and then went to the Levitt home? I'm just not clear on your meaning.

It has nothing to do with the time of our missing girls departure and, IMHO, it is significant.

Kathee, thanks for catching us up. So glad to hear you are working on some things that might change the case's assumptions and status quo. And I didn't mean to suggest, earlier, that I don't appreciate any media attention this case gets. Everything and anything that keeps the case in the public's eye and memory is a good thing.

I can think of a few things things I have wondered about, in relation to Janelle's story (the broken porchlight, the unlocked door at 1717 Delmar, what they moved in the house, who else might have gone to Delmar St. that night) but I guess we'll have to let this play out and see.

Does anyone have a list (with addresses) of the parties that the girls attended that night or guidance for where I might find this information?

Cali, all of the known addresses have been posted in this forum at some point. PPGirl, is the original incident report in the links?

Cali, all of the known addresses have been posted in this forum at some point. PPGirl, is the original incident report in the links?

I went through and took some notes. I came up with three parties.

1. 1500 block of Hanover (Elder)
2. 5002 Coach (Joy/Gleason)
3. 4961 Butterfield (Kirby)

Were there more than three parties? Anyone?

I went through and took some notes. I came up with three parties.

1. 1500 block of Hanover (Elder)
2. 5002 Coach (Joy/Gleason)
3. 4961 Butterfield (Kirby)

Were there more than three parties? Anyone?

I believe that's all that we're aware of. I posted this map a while back. I'm spatial, so it helps me see things in relation to each other to make sense of them.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...7.200527,-93.26088&spn=0.110206,0.333023&z=12

Every new year I think of Sherril, Suzie & Stacy and hope this will be the year of answers/closure/justice.

I believe that's all that we're aware of. I posted this map a while back. I'm spatial, so it helps me see things in relation to each other to make sense of them.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...7.200527,-93.26088&spn=0.110206,0.333023&z=12

Every new year I think of Sherril, Suzie & Stacy and hope this will be the year of answers/closure/justice.

Oh my gosh! Thank you so much for this map. This was exactly what I needed to confirm my memories. I am sure that others who lived in Springfield during this time have already mentioned this, but Delmar was a street that I was very familiar with because on any given night, there was a college party going on down that street. I wanted to wait until I saw it on the map to confirm because I wasn't sure just how long this street was and now I know for sure that this is the exact same area that always had parties. I frequented that street dozens of times during the years of
1989 - 1993 (then I graduated and had to get a job and pay bills lol). Anyway, with all of the parties on that street (Suzie had to have known about them), there would have been plenty of other parties to choose from that night and plenty of other people that they may have never met before...

Can we get back to talking english in here people . This isn't cool all the hidden inside info going on. And i will say it again since right after my last post in this thread you all started talking in a different language. GPR Is wrong 95 percent of the time .Read my post # 386 and you will read why i say that. Hi kathee are you the lady that was on Disappeared doing your own investigating on this case If i remember correctly which often isn't the case lol but i think you had moved to where this case happend ..Just curious all imo people

Yes, but the link, along with nearly everything else, does not work. It was originally on a webpage from the News Leader, which also included, if I recall correctly, Cox's letter. None of the old TV news links or the 28 Hours on Youtube work either. It's sad and sort of infuriating. It would be very helpful if some source was willing to host all of the old stuff somewhere.

One piece of good news is that I found a bunch of the old News Leader stuff through a Google search, although if you try to search the paper's own website, you hit the paywall. So if people want copies, hit the links below and print because I guarantee these won't be around forever on the internet, or at least near enough to the top of a search that a person can find them. The second URL has a fairly comprehensive list of links from the N-L coverage over the years; it also shows that the police report was originally accessible through this set of links but the link goes nowhere. Maybe someone can put a PDF on another site to which we can link. I probably have a copy here, somewhere.

http://www.news-leader.com/article/20020603/NEWS01/60608049/Three-Missing-Women-Ten-Years-Later-Part-1-5

http://www.news-leader.com/article/99999999/NEWS01/60620004

I will put these on the Media Links thread, along with some other stuff I found while I was looking for the police incident report. I'm out of town tomorrow, but I will try to find time this week to do some more searching for these archival materials. If anyone else knows where we can link to the 1992 police incident report, please post the link.

Finally, there are some videos of original media coverage (short ones) on Youtube.

I think it is possible that more than one person was involved, perhaps at different stages of the crime, but I agree that if so it would be "close-knit group of like-minded individuals," as wfgodot states. For example, pedophile groups are very good at keeping their secrets.

Other groups of people who are good at keeping secrets are fraternity brothers and gangs (and I don't mean that these two organizations are similar any way whatsoever). Other people who would keep secrets are those who were involved, but didn't know they were going to be involved OR those who were involved, but didn't think it would go as far as it did...

Yes, I've seen a surprising number of true crime stories (e.g., Dateline, 48 Hours, etc.) in which someone told a girlfriend that he's murdered his previous girlfriend--and that woman keeps the secret, which is mind boggling. Anyone who has taught middle school knows that not "snitching" is (sad to say, in cases more serious than who threw the spitballs) a significant American value.

Yes, but the link, along with nearly everything else, does not work. It was originally on a webpage from the News Leader, which also included, if I recall correctly, Cox's letter. None of the old TV news links or the 28 Hours on Youtube work either. It's sad and sort of infuriating. It would be very helpful if some source was willing to host all of the old stuff somewhere.

One piece of good news is that I found a bunch of the old News Leader stuff through a Google search, although if you try to search the paper's own website, you hit the paywall. So if people want copies, hit the links below and print because I guarantee these won't be around forever on the internet, or at least near enough to the top of a search that a person can find them. The second URL has a fairly comprehensive list of links from the N-L coverage over the years; it also shows that the police report was originally accessible through this set of links but the link goes nowhere. Maybe someone can put a PDF on another site to which we can link. I probably have a copy here, somewhere.

http://www.news-leader.com/article/20020603/NEWS01/60608049/Three-Missing-Women-Ten-Years-Later-Part-1-5

http://www.news-leader.com/article/99999999/NEWS01/60620004

I will put these on the Media Links thread, along with some other stuff I found while I was looking for the police incident report. I'm out of town tomorrow, but I will try to find time this week to do some more searching for these archival materials. If anyone else knows where we can link to the 1992 police incident report, please post the link.

Finally, there are some videos of original media coverage (short ones) on Youtube.

Thank you SO much for all of your hard work!!! I was able to back and take a few notes and found three addresses for the parties. I think I posted those in #397 of this thread, then mb posted a map in #398. That map has lots of different addresses on it. I didn't see it in the sticky, but maybe it should go there?

You see Drake this is why I trust very few people. You told me that you would not share anything I shared with you on any board. And I NEVER said the FL situation had anything to do with MHH other than it raised questions for me because of where he lived.
We're all armchair sleths.
I did not give any details of the tip. And never have to anyone.

I was never trying to "bully" you. Sorry you took it that way. There's ways to say things publicly without saying anything. That's what I did. I wouldn't get bent out of shape about it. You know I appreciate your work but sometimes I get frustrated because I feel like, after all these years, you sticking with the garage thing the one time we get a chance to get this story publicly on the air, I wonder if that's obstructing justice because it paints LE as a bad guy when I feel like they are all doing their best or they already know the perp without much proof.

Regardless, I apologize for getting agitated and taking it out on you.

I wish they would up the reward money. 42k in 2012 means nothing.

If you change that thing to 150k, I bet people start talking. You'll see ex-girlfriends come out of the woodwork.

Can we get back to talking english in here people . This isn't cool all the hidden inside info going on. And i will say it again since right after my last post in this thread you all started talking in a different language. GPR Is wrong 95 percent of the time .Read my post # 386 and you will read why i say that. Hi kathee are you the lady that was on Disappeared doing your own investigating on this case If i remember correctly which often isn't the case lol but i think you had moved to where this case happend ..Just curious all imo people
Don't worry I saw your post. And I'm with you.

As far as I'm concerned, the garage thing needs to start "dying out." Time to move on.

Again we should be looking heavily into "TGR" and if his father really did know where the bones were. And whether Glennon Paul Sweet has property in Webster County where the bones might be. Maybe Garrison just confused the Robb farm with Sweet's when he led a team of cops and FBI agents out to the farm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean