The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know what the crank/obscene calls were from/about. Whether it was random, creeps stumbled across a number where only women answered. Or Sherill or Suzie called someone, wrong number, and creeps got it on the caller ID.
It seems like obscene calls were more common back then. I think bored kids and teenagers used to dial numbers at random as free entertainment. I remember hearing about crank calls in the 80s, but the last case I can remember affecting someone I know was in '97.

When we hear about this now we think "what are chances someone would be sending your strange calls, e-mails, or texts just at the time you're victim of a crime," BUT those calls were much more common in those days. If my memory is correct, it would be odd to go a ten year period back then without getting one crank call.

Can anyone confirm this? Or is it just that it appears that way b/c they don't target middle-aged people.

Just to walk through the basic premise, which could be true, that 'someone had to be rubbed out.’ Presumably, they knew two of the women lived there. If it was Suzie, my guess is they got lucky, as original plans were she would be in Branson that night. As to Stacy, those plans were even more fresh, in an age before cell phones/text, how would anybody but a tiny group of people know where she actually was that night ? It is possible the abductors paid visits earlier in time, but their target never answered the door before, ‘Oh sorry Miss...wrong house.’ We’ll never know and can’t prove if they did or didn’t. In your scenario; plans had to be made, surveying the area, staffing (grunts to the organizers) and more mouths to talk later, a choreographed show. Possible ?...sure, likely, in my view, not so much.
They could have been following the girls all evening. They didn't have to know where they were going. They just has to keep track of where they were and wait for them to be alone.

This idea seems far-fetched, though, because if one person were the target, they could have waited until that person was completely alone, not in the company of two other people.

I continue to remain skeptical of the ‘First Responders’ although nothing in that to my knowledge is criminal/conspiratorial or enabling, I still find those Sunday actions very odd.
Yes. I would like to learn more about this. I don't see how their actions make them suspects, but why did they go rifling about in their friends' house where they had never been.
Isn't it true that later in the day the girl's friend's mom removed items she believe belonged to her daughter.
It almost seems like the two teenagers went in and that set a precedent where adult friends felt like they could just wonder through there, looking through address books, listening to messages.

Was there any history to indicate that the people involved were more open than average about letting people look through their house without permission?

We all know that rape is a crime of power and hatred of women. It's not a crime of lust. I don't know the percentages and I'm sure they can be found on the Internet, but most victims of rape are random targets; a smaller percentage of victims are actual targets of (ex) boyfriends, (ex) husbands or other male acquaintance
s.

Actually most rapes are by someone the victim knows, stranger rape is less common. See for example http://www.rainn.org/get-information/statistics/sexual-assault-offenders

Any news out of Springfield? Every time I drive up 44 into Missouri I am in awe of all of that farmland...some forest, some plains, and lots of Lakes toward Branson.

This case is now over 20 years old if my memory and lacking math skills are correct.

Any LE or LE connected participants are long since retired and gone by now.

I read recently - that cadaver dogs and hit on a remains for up to 30 years after a body has started to decompose.

According to reports, the suspected locations of bodies under the Parking Garage has already been recorded.

The cost to rent an impact drill and long bit masonry bit? $150.00

The cost to have a Cadaver Dog stick his nose in the freshly drilled hole is what? A thousand dollars?

Someone needs to drill the hole, let the dog or dogs do their thing and start a new chapter on this case.

This case is now over 20 years old if my memory and lacking math skills are correct.

I read recently - that cadaver dogs and hit on a remains for up to 30 years after a body has started to decompose.

According to reports, the suspected locations of bodies under the Parking Garage has already been recorded.

The cost to have a Cadaver Dog stick his nose in the freshly drilled hole is what? A thousand dollars?

Someone needs to drill the hole, let the dog or dogs do their thing and start a new chapter on this case.

I agree, a petition should be started for them to do this because it could end this terrible, baffling mystery. It's worth it! If nothing's there, this can be put to rest and move on to other things.

I think they should do this.

They might not be down there, but they should do it just to stop speculation so we can move onto other possible burial grounds.

It doesn't hurt to do it. Heck, I'll even chip in to pay for it if money is a problem.

If they're not there, nothing is lost or hurt by doing it, but what if they are down there? That would reflect badly on the LE as they have refused to do it for so long.

I don't know for sure if they are there but it should be ruled out as a possible burial location.

Wait, they never looked under the parking garage? :facepalm: After watching the Disappeared episode on this I was just like "JUST CHECK THE DAMN PARKING GARAGE FFS" but I was under the impression that it had been done already.

If that's not the case... Wow. What if their bodies are there? The families could've had answers 20 years ago.

LE are so stupid sometimes... You'd think they'd want to check out every lead they got, and the parking garage is one of the more solid leads they have, with more than one person calling it in. Geez.

I wonder if there's a hidden reason for the search to not have been done is because something is knowingly being covered up, perhaps in some kind of relation to LE. Finding their bodies could show who did it, and whoever took these women is dangerous to be able to take and dispose of a three. Wouldn't LE want to put this dangerous person or person behind bars? The longer they wait to prove disprove this rumor, the less chance there is of solving this case:/

Have always been a nay-sayer on "parking garage," and still am. After they're not there (and the chances that they are range from slim - and I'm guessing under a percentage point - to none), then what? Move on, precedent sadly established, to other construction projects underway at the time of the disappearances? With all of the Ozarks to hide bodies in, I imagine that those who did this and left so few clues could also find places suitable for those who have disappeared to stay disappeared, places not within city limits, places where not even the most active of imaginations could imagine them to be.

Just an odd question. I know that Suzie and Sherrill were both declared legally dead,I believe in 97, but was Stacey McCall?

I have been following this case for many years. I do hope it is resolved in my lifetime, as this is such an intriguing case: Three women literally disappear into thin air.

If this was a case of sexual assault the mother was probably the intended target. The perp probably assumed she was there alone and if they had been casing the place knew what vehicles the women drove. They could have even know that Susie graduated and was out and about. If that be the case the girls coming home and caught the act in progress were in the wrong place at the wrong time. As far as the thought of 1 or 2 perps 1 person could subdue 3 women with a gun pointed to one of their heads and marched them all out the door into a vehicle. I live in Missouri and this case has always haunted me I wish it could be solved. Bartt I am sorry for your loss and all the wild speculation that has went around about your mother and your sister. I truly hope you can find peace someday. Also as an added thought Gerald Carahan has always been a potential perp in my mind and didn't he live close by? Thoughts anyone?

I live in Scotland and I have heard of this case. I first read about it in a chance google search on another subject. I've since watched the 'Disappeared' episode.

Like everyone, I hope there is some closure in this case. It is truly baffling and I frequently find myself thinking about it.

I live in Scotland and I have heard of this case. I first read about it in a chance google search on another subject. I've since watched the 'Disappeared' episode.

Like everyone, I hope there is some closure in this case. It is truly baffling and I frequently find myself thinking about it.

Welcome to Websleuths, Jennibee!

:wagon:

Thanks for your post on Sherrill, Suzie, and Stacy's thread. :gthanks:

I'm always hoping for closure as well . . . I hope it happens sometime in my lifetime. :please:

Hello everyone...I know the basics about this case i have seen the disappeard episode and a few hours ago i was watching a crime show on tv and this guy had a cadaver dog so it only hits on spots if a body is there like under the ground anyway in this show they bring the dog into this stone house not a brick home but made out of stone and they have those like cement blocks kinda like the ones you see in shows about the pyramids that they use for sacrafice's and the dog sniffs all around then just like a hunting dog it sits right on that slab of cement so it was saying theres remains barried under the slab so that brought me here wondering since alot of people seem to think they are under the garage parking lot and that the ground penetrating radar showed them barried there I am just wondering if they ever tried using a cadaver dog at the spot under the garage .

Hello everyone...I know the basics about this case i have seen the disappeard episode and a few hours ago i was watching a crime show on tv and this guy had a cadaver dog so it only hits on spots if a body is there like under the ground anyway in this show they bring the dog into this stone house not a brick home but made out of stone and they have those like cement blocks kinda like the ones you see in shows about the pyramids that they use for sacrafice's and the dog sniffs all around then just like a hunting dog it sits right on that slab of cement so it was saying theres remains barried under the slab so that brought me here wondering since alot of people seem to think they are under the garage parking lot and that the ground penetrating radar showed them barried there I am just wondering if they ever tried using a cadaver dog at the spot under the garage .

I see no possibility that they will ever dig in that spot. Unless one believes in a police department conspiracy they have ruled it out although I personally would have cored it to put it to rest once and for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnceAgain