The Stine And Ramsey Friendship/relationship

There was supposedly a photo of 2 Pepsi cans in Burkes’ room.
Did they ever try to get DNA from the Pepsi cans?
The cans from Burke -and a friend?

ItzShea,
Who knows where the cans came from, if BR then so what, its his room !

Yet if they are his maybe one was for JonBenet, how about her fingerprints or touch-dna potentially being deposited on a can?

Just because the parents say she went to bed does not mean she retired to her bedroom, maybe she was hanging out in Burke's bedroom as he had treats on offer, e.g. she never finished her Pineapple snack?

Oh
ItzShea,
Who knows where the cans came from, if BR then so what, its his room !

Yet if they are his maybe one was for JonBenet, how about her fingerprints or touch-dna potentially being deposited on a can?

Just because the parents say she went to bed does not mean she retired to her bedroom, maybe she was hanging out in Burke's bedroom as he had treats on offer, e.g. she never finished her Pineapple snack?

. Good point. But if DStine was going with them to Michigan and staying over, his DNA would be on one can.

Oh

. Good point. But if DStine was going with them to Michigan and staying over, his DNA would be on one can.

Was Doug going with them to Michigan on Boxing Day? I haven't seen any mention of that anywhere as a fact..... The Stines weren't one of the families that Patsy called that morning for "support"

This is Susan Stine's version of what happened on Christmas night, when the Ramsey's made their last stop to drop off presents before they returned home from the White's Christmas party:

Susan Stine: "They came to our house and I talked to Patsy for a while maybe 10 or 15 minutes and they ALL seemed perfectly normal. They were ALL the same- bubbly about Christmas and about where they were going and we, my husband and I, waved good-bye to them as they were leaving and that was the last time we saw them as an INTACT family."

According to John he does not go inside the Stine's home, and neither does JonBenet.

According to Susan Stine she sees the entire family. Besides seeing everyone, they all seem perfectly normal. How can JonBenet seem normal and bubbly if she's supposed to be ASLEEP in the car?

The Ramsey's lived .04 miles from the Stines. Or 1 minute by car. 2-3 minutes by bike.

Susan Stine: "They came to our house and I talked to Patsy for a while maybe 10 or 15 minutes and they ALL seemed perfectly normal. They were ALL the same- bubbly about Christmas and about where they were going and we, my husband and I, waved good-bye to them as they were leaving and that was the last time we saw them as an INTACT family."

I feel overemphasis here on the word 'all' . She seems to me as if trying to paint a false picture ..Either she didn't see JB or they were an intact family plus one. (Doug? )

Another point naming 'we ' as 'me and my husband ' is also interesting ..Btw where is Doug and why didn't he wave them at the door ?

Last edited:

I feel overemphasis here on the word 'all' . She seems to me as if trying to paint a false picture ..Either she didn't see JB or they were an intact family plus one. (Doug? )

Another point naming 'we ' as 'me and my husband ' is also interesting ..Btw where is Doug and why didn't he wave them at the door ?

MURDERER_SERVANT,
Good points, like did Doug get a gift too, or was he absent because he never got one from his rich buddy? So John is with a sleeping JonBenet in the car, so that must mean only Patsy and Burke could have been in the house?

If SS is being truthful then All might mean everyone except me and my husband, i.e. Doug excluded, paranthetically because he is in the car, but thats a detail too far?

Either way Susan Stine's version of events does not stand up, then again, after the Beckner Emails, she lost all credibility, never mind being on the R's payroll.

Notice how once again JR has tweaked stuff to suit his preferred version of events, discounting broken windows, chairs, suitcases and relocation of a body?

Oh

ItzShea,
In reality his touch-dna would be all over the house, on surfaces they should not be. A lot of the dna results have been redacted, particularly that which relates to the Ramseys, e.g. is BR's touch-dna anywhere on JonBenet? Nobody is saying !

The Stines and the Ramsey's definitely have something to hide, either its a conspiracy to parrot the line Everything was fine Christmas Night? or Doug Stine is linked in somewhere down the line and that is what is being edited out as it provides a motive to either Burke or Doug or both?

Both is BlueCrab's theory.

Do you want me to try to find the crime scene photo with the two Pepsi cans? I either read about it here or on one of the link everybody sent me... lol..
Some lazy detective I would make!
The picture is of Burke’s sink with what appears to be two cans of Coca-Cola. Burke had neighbors over on Christmas Day. The cans could be his friends or anyone’s. But, them being in the sink like that shows to me that Burke didn’t brush his teeth that night like he said he did.

The picture is of Burke’s sink with what appears to be two cans of Coca-Cola. Burke had neighbors over on Christmas Day. The cans could be his friends or anyone’s. But, them being in the sink like that shows to me that Burke didn’t brush his teeth that night like he said he did.
Cool thank you!!!

Interesting point -- I'm curious though, why he would need to lie about that? Brushing one's teeth takes 5 minutes, so it's not a sufficient amount of time to "cover" for something, necessarily.

Sometimes, it's tough to determine if something is an out-and-out "lie" or if something is simply a "false memory."

The Stine relationship remains deeply fascinating, but so does the dissolution of the friendship between the Fernie family and the Ramseys. They were initially loyal supporters of the family, but I believe Barbara was alarmed when the Ramsey attorneys began pointing to a previously damaged door jamb as evidence of an intruder. Patsy and Barbara had already discussed repairing the door jamb months before the murder, yet here they were using it to point the blame elsewhere. From what I understand, the relationship between the Fernies and the Ramseys began to sour after that. Perhaps someone has additional information on this

Steve Thomas's depo on acandyrose has information about things the Fernies noticed. Thomas says, for instance, that Patsy told Barbara the note was written on paper from the pad in the kitchen, even though she was only looking at a xerox copy of the note.

Barbara and others were concerned about JonBenet's pageant life and we're planning on holding an intervention after Christmas.

Either Barbara or John Fernie overheard Ramsey shortly after the murder asking if his golf bag had been retrieved from the house.

Steve Thomas's depo on acandyrose has information about things the Fernies noticed. Thomas says, for instance, that Patsy told Barbara the note was written on paper from the pad in the kitchen, even though she was only looking at a xerox copy of the note.

Barbara and others were concerned about JonBenet's pageant life and we're planning on holding an intervention after Christmas.

Either Barbara or John Fernie overheard Ramsey shortly after the murder asking if his golf bag had been retrieved from the house.

fr brown,
That's odd since Patsy said she handed the RN to JR who then manually placed it on the floor, so Patsy had plenty time to recognize that it was her notepad paper.

Maybe Steve Thomas was suggesting something else?

Interesting point -- I'm curious though, why he would need to lie about that? Brushing one's teeth takes 5 minutes, so it's not a sufficient amount of time to "cover" for something, necessarily.

Sometimes, it's tough to determine if something is an out-and-out "lie" or if something is simply a "false memory."

Userid,
Nothing to prevent him brushing his teeth then drinking a can, maybe about the same time JonBenet drank hers?

Why ? Maybe because JonBenet had a quick pineapple snack then followed Burke upstairs, as he said he had Cola upstairs?

There is nothing to suggest JonBenet drank anything either at the White's or when she got home. Yet she certainly had a full bladder on death.

If they found three empty cans would that suggest DS had turned up?

Last edited:

Also, he was 9. He probably lied because he knows he’s suppose to brush his teeth but didn’t want his parents to know he didn’t. Or, he did brush is teeth and just left the cans in the sink while he brushed. An adult wouldn’t do that but a lazy kid might. I think he just lied because he didn’t want anyone to know he didn’t. He’s a self-centered kid. He’s not thinking he needs to tell the truth step by step to help anyone. It’s just self-preservation.

I think it’s interesting that there are two cans. Perhaps for two people. But they also may both be his.

*Also, maybe the cans were in his room and a parent emptied them into the sink, rinsing them during a clean up/tidy up before calling police. Maybe. Who knows.

“In the sunroom, Patsy Ramsey examined a second-generation photocopy of the ransom note, a smeary version that showed little more than the dark printed words. Rather than commenting on the words and content, she told one of her friends that the note was written on the same kind of paper she had in her kitchen. Police would wonder how she could tell, since they saw no similarities” (Thomas IIRMI).

Patsy knew they would eventually figure out the note was written from her pad. So, kinda like JR’s “It must be an inside job”, Patsy uses this purposefully placed statement to steer LE into that direction. LHP had a few of these notepads at her house.

It also gives Patsy plausible deniability. Hey if I wrote the note, do you really think I would lead LE into that direction, that it was written on my notepad?
Yes, that’s exactly what you did.

It’s the same thing for JR when he purposely hands over Patsy’s pad to LE.

Also, he was 9. He probably lied because he knows he’s suppose to brush his teeth but didn’t want his parents to know he didn’t. Or, he did brush is teeth and just left the cans in the sink while he brushed. An adult wouldn’t do that but a lazy kid might. I think he just lied because he didn’t want anyone to know he didn’t. He’s a self-centered kid. He’s not thinking he needs to tell the truth step by step to help anyone. It’s just self-preservation.

I think it’s interesting that there are two cans. Perhaps for two people. But they also may both be his.

*Also, maybe the cans were in his room and a parent emptied them into the sink, rinsing them during a clean up/tidy up before calling police. Maybe. Who knows.

"*Also, maybe the cans were in his room and a parent emptied them into the sink, rinsing them during a clean up/tidy up before calling police. Maybe. Who knows."

Agree with this whole post, but especially the quoted sentence above -- that is an especially likely scenario. A child leaves half-full soda cans all of the time!

“In the sunroom, Patsy Ramsey examined a second-generation photocopy of the ransom note, a smeary version that showed little more than the dark printed words. Rather than commenting on the words and content, she told one of her friends that the note was written on the same kind of paper she had in her kitchen. Police would wonder how she could tell, since they saw no similarities” (Thomas IIRMI).

ty Cottonstar
I had long forgotten that passage.

fr brown,
That's odd since Patsy said she handed the RN to JR who then manually placed it on the floor, so Patsy had plenty time to recognize that it was her notepad paper.

Maybe Steve Thomas was suggesting something else?

She's said a lot of things. She was all over the place about the note in her interview: she picked it up, she didn't pick it up, she left it on the floor, she couldn't remember.

In his interview, John said he moved the note over to the door, an odd thing to do since he had to pass areas where he could have perused it standing or sitting and in good light.

Ofc. French in his report of 12/26, 1300 hours said that he was uncertain who had moved the note. John pointed it out to him on the floor over by the door and told him that Patsy had found it on the stairs. But it doesn't sound like John was taking responsibility for picking up the note on the morning of the 26th and neither was Patsy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back