The Trash Bag in Casey's Trunk

LP said there was a bag they found that had been in the trunk, Had body fluids on it. Has ANYONE heard anything more about this bag? Sorry if theres another thread on this.:waitasec:

LP said there was a bag they found that had been in the trunk, Had body fluids on it. Has ANYONE heard anything more about this bag? Sorry if theres another thread on this.:waitasec:

That white bag was seized as evidence by Yuri the night the car was taken home by George.

They have not released the tests that were run on the bag. The pizza was inside the bag and it was tossed into a dumpster or trash at the car towing place but later retrieved by police. The fact that it was thrown in the trash will be of benefit to the defense. The other missing evidence - the tests on the stain in the trunk may tie to the two pieces together, however.

The bag wasn't thrown in the dumpster if I recall. It was just tossed over the fence at Amscott.

The bag wasn't thrown in the dumpster if I recall. It was just tossed over the fence at Amscott.

Actually, GA threw it away at the storage yard when he picked up the vehicle. As far as any info released to date, nothing was taken from the dumpster at amscot

The LE interviews/statements have documented that Simon B, the tow yard manager, took the bag from the trunk in George's presence when George picked up the car.

Simon then threw the bag over the fence. Later that day, he retrieved the bag and threw it in the dumpster.

During the night that night, LE retrieved the bag from the dumpster. Not knowing LE had retrieved the bag during the night, Simon tried to retrieve it from the dumpster the next morning to give to LE.

There's a sticky for the LE interviews/statements.

ETA: None of this refers to Amscott, but to the tow yard.

Simon B tossed the bag over the fence to the area of the dumpster. Later that evening, George told LE about the bag and they retrieved it. There have never been reports of decomp fluid on the bag - that's one of LP's fantasies at this point.

They have not released the tests that were run on the bag. The pizza was inside the bag and it was tossed into a dumpster or trash at the car towing place but later retrieved by police. The fact that it was thrown in the trash will be of benefit to the defense. The other missing evidence - the tests on the stain in the trunk may tie to the two pieces together, however.

Maybe I'm wrong.. but didn't the lab results that came back recently say there was NO pizza in the bag?

http://www.wftv.com/download/2008/0926/17564882.pdf

Interview of Mr. Somon B. of Amscot Tow Yard

page 20 line 15

white garbage bag with yellow handles

page 19 line 16

Detective Melich came to the tow yard July 16 late evening and was let in by the night driver. Yuri retrieved the garbage bag and contents.

pg 15 line 11
maggots

page 9 line 2

bag was light weight - just lobbed it over the fence

page 8 line 1

(opens trunk) flies and stuff, real bad smell, ........line 12.....opened the bag many paper on top - maybe a pizza box, (smells like a dead body to tow truck drive and not rotten food--he sees no rotten food or cause for the smell)......

page 7 line 1

I just need to see my grand daughter - George said

page 7 line 2

she wont let us see our grand daughter---ga said this to the tow truck driver as cindy testified--it was in opportune times.......

I was under the impression from the documents on the air results there was no pizza in the trunk. Am I wrong on this?

Daisy Belle we posted the same thing at the same time lol

I was under the impression from the documents on the air results there was no pizza in the trunk. Am I wrong on this?

You are correct. No pizza. Just a pizza box inside the bag with some papers and maggots I believe.

The lab excluded pizza as the source of the odor, no decomposing pizza smell was found in the piece of trunk liner that was tested. That doesn't mean pizza was not in the bag. That information has not been officially released.

pg 15 line 11
maggots
That's a mention of maggots as being something that causes smells in dumpsters, not of maggots being in the bag. Simon does not mention maggots being in the bag.

The lab excluded pizza as the source of the odor, no decomposing pizza smell was found in the piece of trunk liner that was tested. That doesn't mean pizza was not in the bag. That information has not been officially released.

"Previous reports of a decomposing pizza found in the vehicle trunk were NOT true"

Per the Forensic results

"Previous reports of a decomposing pizza found in the vehicle trunk were NOT true"

Per the Forensic results

I wonder why the lab, rather then LE, had to make that determination. Seems odd. Not that it matters, the smell didn't come from pizza, whether it was or wasn't there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back