The VERDICT! He's....GUILTY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish Brodsky would fix his teeth and use whitner.
Me bad.

Glasgow just said on Fox that DP may be able to keep his pension because he committed the crime while off duty.

Glasgow is going to try to make sure DP is sentence to sixty years.

Pastor Shori on Fox now.

Stacy told him 'he did it'. "Drew killed Kathleen." Stacy gave Shori a lot of detail about this - Drew was not in house then later removed his clothing at washing machine and emptied a bag of women's clothes into the machine.

DP invited PS on a plane ride to discuss issues but he had to take a rain check because his wife was on bed rest as they were expecting twins. He politely declined meeting DP for this reason.

Glasgow just said on Fox that DP may be able to keep his pension because he committed the crime while off duty.

Glasgow is going to try to make sure DP is sentence to sixty years.

Just saw it! Judge Jeanine also mentioned the solicitation for a hit-man while on duty however the consensus was that he hadn't been charged for that. Personally I don't believe he should retain it as his position of power in the dept. was used to steer the investigation, especially how her body was found.

MOO

Brodsky is saying that DP told him that they did a good job.

This is the problem with 'hearsay'. Stacy was fabricating her claim about Drew to get more money in the divorce.

Justice Jeanine asks why don't you believe Stacy was telling the truth. He says because she had a motive to lie.

Drew hasn't been charged for Stacy's disappearance. Defending his position and moving forward with appeal - not sure based on what. I guess 'hearsay'.

Will this survive an appeal?

Talking about bruising not consistent to accidental death.
Jeffrey Evan Gold says will not be reversed on appeal - DP will get at least forty years in prison.

Mark Fuhrman say defense can't appeal because they put the witness on the stand. Brodsky said the witness fabricated on the stand and they didn't know he'd do that. Says the witness lied on the stand. He changed his story from the extortion story to that DP killed Kathleen.

All the panel says 'no' to verdict being overturned on appeal.

Stacy's sister believes her Stacy's case will be tried.

DP doesn't allow her to visit Stacy's children. She wants to figure out a way to visit the seven and nine year old children now. She's hoping she will be able to see them in the future.

Candace Aiken is Stacy's aunt. DP was nice to her but in October Stacy was outwardly uncomfortable and Stacy had alot of stress and seemed unhappy. DP said he could kill and make it look like an accident.

Cassandra Cales says Stacy's appointment with Attn'y was upcoming on Monday. DP was totally controlling and took a toll on Stacy. She tried to prove she loved him but nothing ever got better.

Up next ~ the family of Kathleen Savio speaks out.

woman who went missing in 2007 before Stacy and likewise still hasn't been found.....Lisa Stebic. Her husband remains the only person of interest.
The Sun Times reports that Glasgow is gearing up for that case now.
If it is her husband that they are looking into, I would be concerned that he would be a flight risk as the article states:

Will County State’s Attorney Jim Glasgow said Friday he’s not only pondering charges in Stacy Peterson’s disappearance but is also putting the Stebic case “on the front burner.” Glasgow said investigators have “significant evidence” in the Stebic case, and that as soon as the Christopher Vaughn trial ends, his top prosecutors will review it all.

“With the evidence that we would have, you can prosecute a murder case without a body,” he said Friday.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/...r-missing-will-county-woman-on-the-front.html

WOW. Websleuths we have so much activity in Will County!!

Brodsky is saying that DP told him that they did a good job.

This is the problem with 'hearsay'. Stacy was fabricating her claim about Drew to get more money in the divorce.

Justice Jeanne asks why don't you believe Stacy was telling the truth. He says because she had a motive to lie.

Drew hasn't been charged for Stacy's disappearance. Defending his position and moving forward with appeal - not sure based on what. I guess 'hearsay'.

Will this survive an appeal?

Talking about bruising not consistent to accidental death.
Jeffrey Evan Gold says will not be reversed on appeal - DP will get at least forty years in prison.

Mark Fuhrman say defense can't appeal because they put the witness on the stand. Brodsky said the witness fabricated on the stand and they didn't know he'd do that. Says the witness lied on the stand. He changed his story from the extortion story to that DP killed Kathleen.

All the panel says 'no' to verdict being overturned on appeal.
BBM

Even if Smith altered his testimony from extortion to DP killing Kathleen, how can one extort money from someone unless they have something 'on' them? In other words, wouldn't what Stacy told him that DP killed Kathleen have to have substance in order to extort money from DP? The more Brodsky discusses this the more he is proving his client is guilty.

:waitasec:

MOO

Sue Doman is on now. Thought the day would never come but it did. DP stared back at her.
She heard that DP said he could kill and make it look like an accident too.

Mary Parks saw the marks on Kathleen's neck. KS was terrorized and terrified. She knew that he was going to kill her.

Sue can't see Kathleen's children. Now they are of age but this was before when she tried to see them.
Brodsky issued a letter saying they didn't want anything to do with SD.

Judge Jeanine thoughts. She says alot but below are her main points.
Everyday women die in their own homes because of an abuser, and not God, decided that they should.
Should be called 'The victim's justice system' versus 'criminal justice system'.
JJ wants the system to hear these women and to hold those who harm them responsible.

I know that it isn't for me to judge because I wasn't in her shoes. Certainly there was abuse (mental/emotional)....being made privy to a murder like that and strong armed to be his alibi is in itself abusive.
I wonder though......Schori states that Drew said to Stacy "you know where I was"....did Drew tell Stacy that he was planning on killing Kathleen?

I believe that I read that Stacy was pregnant when Drew and Kathleen divorced. Her children were small when she went "missing"
How old were Stacy's kids when Drew murdered Kathleen?
Did she have a baby after that happened?

I know that women stay in horrific situations because of money,
a desire for some financial stability (and of course some idea of "love")
I just wonder how Stacy was able to keep a lid on that for so long...
So, yes, she was using her info to try to get more out of Drew....or to make sure that the info wouldn't keep her from getting some decent financial settlement in the same manner that Kathleen crossed out the word "knife" because she didn't want Drew to lose his job and hence his pension.

Even his son is angry because they have lost his fathers income......
It is stunning to me how much of a role MONEY played in all of this.
"the root of all evil" as they say.
I think it was perfectly understandable that Kathleen and Stacy wanted to make sure that they could have funds for their families.....I don't understand how Stacy kept that info to herself for so long....but quite frankly, she was so , so young (still an adolescent) when they married that her mind wasn't probably developed enough to really process it like an adult would. It was probably like a repressed memory or something that she refused to accept (much like Thomas)

Isn't this whole thing unbelievable?!

BBM

Even if Smith altered his testimony from extortion to DP killing Kathleen, how can one extort money from someone unless they have something 'on' them? In other words, wouldn't what Stacy told him that DP killed Kathleen have to have substance in order to extort money from DP? The more Brodsky discusses this the more he is proving his client is guilty.

MOO

I know that it isn't for me to judge because I wasn't in her shoes. Certainly there was abuse (mental/emotional)....being made privy to a murder like that and strong armed to be his alibi is in itself abusive.
I wonder though......Schori states that Drew said to Stacy "you know where I was"....did Drew tell Stacy that he was planning on killing Kathleen?

I believe that I read that Stacy was pregnant when Drew and Kathleen divorced. Her children were small when she went "missing"

So, yes, she was using her info to try to get more out of Drew....or to make sure that the info wouldn't keep her from getting some decent financial settlement in the same manner that Kathleen crossed out the word "knife" because she didn't want Drew to lose his job and hence his pension.

I think it was perfectly understandable that Kathleen and Stacy wanted to make sure that they could have funds for their families.....I don't understand how Stacy kept that info to herself for so long....but quite frankly, she was so , so young (still an adolescent) when they married that her mind wasn't probably developed enough to really process it like an adult would. It was probably like a repressed memory or something that she refused to accept (much like Thomas)

My belief is that Stacy was put in an impossible situation. Initially, what was she to do? Go to LE and tell them DP killed Kathleen? It would be her word against his, and he wasn't just a cop, he was a sergeant. If she knew what he did to Kathleen, she could only imagine what could happen to her. I cannot get inside her mind, but from what we do know, it appears eventually she could no longer take the abuse from him, was ready to leave him, knew the consequences if she tried, and had to clear her conscience. She knew DP was following her movements, and might even have known by her bold move to confide in Pastor Schori, her days were numbered.

:(

MOO

When I think of Stacy, I have to remind myself that she was only 17 when she fell into Drew's clutches. And at first KS was made out to be her 'mortal' enemy. Drew played them against each other. He even got them to assault each other physically. And he probably told Stacy that KS was out to get her, and to get the kids from her.

Stacy was absolutely totally dependent upon Drew. He made sure of that. She was the legal parent of four young kids, and had no education or much job experience. She was living in a nice home with a nice car and had $ for the kids---ALL because of Drew. But she was trapped. When Kathleen turned up dead, Stacy must have taken awhile to process it. But what could she do?

He wouldn't even let the cops talk to her alone. And once he steered her into those lies, then he probably told her she was part of the crime. I am sure he tried to scare her into silence by saying her lies would make her an accessory. She couldn't go to the cops, because he was the cops. So at some point she KNEW she was going to be next. :rose:

I wish Stacy had secretly removed one or more of the women's clothing items out of the washer and hidden it/them somewhere Drew could never have found them. Imagine her sisters or police finding KS's hidden clothes plus a note of how Stacy found them in the washer the morning of KS's murder and that DP was the one who had the clothes and was washing them. That would have been such a powerful find.

BBM

MOO

But the bad thing is that one could make a case that Stacy made it all up. It is technically possible that Drew was home asleep that night, and later on Stacy made up that story to get back at Drew in the divorce/ [ I know it is not true, but there is nothing to prove her story at this time.]

So she really did not have to have anything of 'substance' to extort him. She was his alibi so all she had to do was withdraw his alibi and embellish it.

I think that is what Brodsky was hoping to sell to the jury. But luckily they saw through his BS.

Glasgow said that DP's pension may NOT be stopped but Glasgow wants to see that it is. The only reason I don't mind if the pension continues is that Stacy's children are only nine and seven now. Therefore, why make it hard for their caretaker to keep a roof over their heads - unless someone other than the oldest son gets custody of them who can afford raising two children.

I'm curious what became of the insurance money Kathleen left to her two sons. Did they benefit or did DP spend it and claim he used it to cover their needs leaving them broke by now. I ask this because Tommy is concerned about the family having a salary now. Wasn't he supposed to get control over his money when he turned 18 (sometimes I think it's 21 - not sure).

As far as Stacy living with the knowledge of SP killing Kathleen, my thought is that it didn't fully register to the eighteen or ? year old Stacy at the time. That she repressed the thoughts that he could have killed Kathleen. In the movie the actress breaths a sigh of relief when LE labels Kathleen's death an accident. Even though it's just a movie it implied that Stacy was concerned but when the cops said no to foul play it made it easier for her to stuff or forget about what she suspected - that Drew killed Kathleen. As Stacy and Drew's relationship began to tank and he began using intimidation tactics on her, the truth of what she had always known, but didn't want to believe, came alive again and she could no longer pretend it hadn't happened. She had a child after Kathleen was gone but the first one was born before that I think.

Stacy died in 2007 and her children are seven and nine now. So in 2004, the oldest was at the most one and the other one had not been born yet.

But the bad thing is that one could make a case that Stacy made it all up. It is technically possible that Drew was home asleep that night, and later on Stacy made up that story to get back at Drew in the divorce/ [ I know it is not true, but there is nothing to prove her story at this time.]

So she really did not have to have anything of 'substance' to extort him. She was his alibi so all she had to do was withdraw his alibi and embellish it.

I think that is what Brodsky was hoping to sell to the jury. But luckily they saw through his BS.

The thing that bothers me is this. It could be that Stacy knew that Drew killed Kathy and that she gave him a false alibi for whatever reason. She was young and pregnant (?) at the time and financially dependent etc. Or maybe she didn't want to believe it at the time and it was only later she realised that he probably had killed Kathy.

Time goes on and Stacy gets more and more unhappy in her relationship with Drew. Surely she thought that if Drew could kill Kathleen, there was a high possibility that he would kill her too.....

So why did Stacy call Harry Smith whilst Drew was in the house?.

From what I've read and seen, Drew didn't sneak up on her whilst she was speaking to Harry - he called to her a couple of time whilst she was on the phone.

I don't disbelieve the statements of the pastor and Harry Smith, I just don't understand why Stacy wasn't more careful......

This is what I don't get. Drew might get to keep his pension because he wasn't on duty, yet he was in uniform and driving his police vehicle at the time.

Was he just getting off duty? Was he scheduled to go on duty soon? these questions have never been fully answered to my knowledge. I have to admit, though, I don't know all the details of what is public information in this case.

I missed over a week of the trial, but I tried to read all the posts. I may have missed if this information.

The thing that bothers me is this. It could be that Stacy knew that Drew killed Kathy and that she gave him a false alibi for whatever reason. She was young and pregnant (?) at the time and financially dependent etc. Or maybe she didn't want to believe it at the time and it was only later she realised that he probably had killed Kathy.

Time goes on and Stacy gets more and more unhappy in her relationship with Drew. Surely she thought that if Drew could kill Kathleen, there was a high possibility that he would kill her too.....

So why did Stacy call Harry Smith whilst Drew was in the house?.

From what I've read and seen, Drew didn't sneak up on her whilst she was speaking to Harry - he called to her a couple of time whilst she was on the phone.

I don't disbelieve the statements of the pastor and Harry Smith, I just don't understand why Stacy wasn't more careful......
BBM and JMO

I think sometimes women have a false sense of security about their abusive partners. Even though you 'know' someone is capable of violence and dangerous sometimes you don't believe they could ever hurt you physically.

Despite my ex threatening to kill me, pulling a gun on me twice, and breaking furniture and a door down to get to me I really never believed he was capable of actually hurting me. Until I left him and his mother called me to warn me I was in danger. The psychology of abuse is just so convoluted, and without the benefit of distance and clarity, it is so difficult to discern just how volatile a situation may truly be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn