The VERDICT! He's....GUILTY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's so hilarious about the Greenberg firing is that it was Greenberg who just last week said that DP is one of the most loyal guys he has ever met.

Now, today:

I think Mr. Peterson was represented by five wonderful lawyers out of six,” Greenberg said Tuesday. “His loyalty to the sixth is disconcerting.”

:floorlaugh::rocker:

Greenberg should feel lucky he was only fired by Peterson.

ability. He stood out from the crowd because of that--he is a major pittbull to be sure, but a very sharp and aggressive attorney. When I was present in the courtroom, I was struck by how intelligent and powerful Greenberg was in his presentation to the judge--he got a bit loud at times
Brodsky is saying this evening that he fired Greenberg himself as well because of incompetence. What a farce. Can this thing be any more ridiculous?

We should be glad that Drew fired Greenberg too.....no one else can help him fight his way out of a paper bag. Adios Drew...I am sure your cell block mates won't find you so "untouchable"

What's so hilarious about the Greenberg firing is that it was Greenberg who just last week said that DP is one of the most loyal guys he has ever met.

Now, today:

I think Mr. Peterson was represented by five wonderful lawyers out of six,” Greenberg said Tuesday. “His loyalty to the sixth is disconcerting.”

WCG,

I agree about Greenberg as I attended three days of the trial and found him to be the most competent of the bunch. Who knows, maybe we sat next to each other. LOL

Clearly, the two cases didn't have any similarity in terms of criminal activity (and I think that the sentence that Blago received was horrific and draconian, but I digress)
However, the piece that I find interesting is that Blago had one of the most highly regarded criminal defense attorneys out there, Ed Genson representing him initially.....Genson fired Blago because he wouldn't keep his trap shut and persisted in spouting off at the mouth to the media. Blago loved the media spotlight and even did Elvis impersonations at fundraisers while awaiting trial. He went on his media tour and even appeared on Donald Trump's The Apprentice and his wife ate tarantulas on "I'm a Celebrity Get Me out Of Here"

Similarly, Drew was mugging for the camera on every morning news show with Brodsky by his side.......going on a radio show with a contest for women to "win" a date with him and doing everything he could to hurl himself in the public eye. This was all under the "legal council" of Brodsky, a third rate opportunistic media *advertiser censored* himself....but Drew fires Greenberg who was the only brain of the bunch. Hilarious!!!!! :floorlaugh:

Obviously, Blago's political issues have nothing to do with Drew's depraved murderous ways, but the love of attention and the different decisions made by their attorneys is telling to me.
Greenberg has said that the media circus that Drew loved so much was not helpful for his case, but he was fired by Drew and Brodsky for incompetence--while Ed Genson said Blago wasn't following his rules and fired him as a client. :lol:

The poor judgement of Drew and Brodsky will serve us all well....we will keep him in prison where he belongs..:jail:

As an aside though, remember all the women who sent "love letters" to Drew following his media appearances? What the heck? Are there really that many women who are "looking for Mr. Goodbar?" :pullhair:

From the Chicago Tribune: Peterson Fires Lawyer

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...ce-lawyer-as-witness-20120911,0,5205957.story

... not the one you would expect.

Thanks for the article, nells! I did expect it to be Greenberg -- he's always been, as several of us have said, not always in sync with the others. We have also agreed that the is probably the smartest of the lot, which, IMO, includes DP. Greenberg's feathers did not match the feathers of the other birds in that gaggle... He's probably glad to be rid of the case. JMO. DP should have kept Greenberg & told the rest of 'em to walk. Again, JMHO.

The only reason I can fathom about why they put Smith on the stand was to create a situation for appeal if DP was convicted.... Nothing else makes sense. If so, we'll see who gets the last laff...
icon10.gif

I guess we now know which atty will be thrown under the bus for the appeal. IdiotiC move on botH dp and Brodsky. Jmo

Brodsky has repeatedly told the Tribune that Greenberg was not a team player.

“Even though Mr. Greenberg did win many of the motions, these were on small issues,” Brodsky said Tuesday. “Greenberg lost the big ones, such as banning the hearsay previously found to be (inadmissible), and keeping the ‘hit man’ testimony out.”
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...ce-lawyer-as-witness-20120911,0,5205957.story

... and then if you fail to keep out a hearsay witness it makes perfect sense to invite them to testify in the trial yourself... :waitasec:

Just hadda stop by for a minute to gloat a little that drEWWW is still locked up. Hope he enjoys whatever he has for perks while he's still in county lockup..... won't be any of the same whenever he gets sent to Statesville. LOL!

With that, I think I'll do a little jig on my way out! Whoo-Hoo!!

Wishing you all a great day!

It was obvious the slimy defense attorneys would turn on themselves once the trial was over. Nothing, absolutely nothing, can take away the huge error Brodsky made by putting Smith on the stand. Even the judge warned him. Since Drewwww approved 100% it was poetic watching him shoot himself in the foot, as it were. Then, he went and shot himself in the other foot. Best figurative use of firearm ever! ;D

LOL, this made my day.........maybe we will hear MORE from the slimy DT..........and crazy drew.
After all they need the spot light.
Can Greenberg tell some stuff now???
Is he still under the client privlege?
Can he write a tell all book?
LOL

Now, today:

Hmmm..... loyalty between a murderer and his lawyers must compare with honor amongst thieves...... LOL!

Note to self: Stay away from lawyers with the initials JB!

Just watching Brodsky call him a total and complete failure! IMHO, he was the best of the bunch. He had some feisty debates with Beth Karas and actually made sense, from a defense attorney point of view.

Also IMHO, Peterson and Brodsky are two peas in a pod. Yeah, put Smith on the stand to prove Stacy was a rotten little liar. That sure worked out! :floorlaugh:

Had Greenberg been lead attorney Peterson may have been found not guilty.
Brodsky took care of that .........Brodsky, you did a wonderful job and because
Of you, DP is where he should be BEHIND BARS.:woohoo:

Had Greenberg been lead attorney Peterson may have been found not guilty.
Brodsky took care of that .........Brodsky, you did a wonderful job and because
Of you, DP is where he should be BEHIND BARS.:woohoo:

Under the circumstances :rocker:I think Joel Brodsky is a good Prosecuting attorney:jail: He missed his calling:what:

Brodsky used no common sense. Harry Smith was Kathleen's attorney. He was her advocate and Brodsky KNEW that Smith knew all about Drew and his violent tendencies.

And Brodsky KNEW that Stacy called and confided in Smith. And just two days later she went missing. And they knew that Smith overheard Drew yelling at her while she was on the phone, asking who she was talking to.

Didn't Brodsky understand how guilty Smith must have felt, for Kathleen to have been killed and for Stacy to go missing because she was talking to him on the phone? He must have felt horrible about those two deaths.

Knowing all that, how in the world could Brodsky have wanted Smith anywhere near the witness stand? Only an arrogant, blind attorney wold think he could control the testimony of a seasoned lawyer who was angry and upset with Brodsky's client.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member