The Verdict Waiting Room #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tweeters confronting Channel 7 on Twitter about the alleged crew at the girls school. So far their tweets have been ignored.

Had Ch7 running on the idiot box in background... but not anymore after reading this!

"+ they only live a few minutes apart!!!
No phones needed!!" - quote from previous thread by Oberammagau

Hi Ober - would you be able to confirm if police door knocked the local streets etc (around BC senior residence) to see if neighbours saw or heard cars leaving/anything unusual on the evening of the 19th? I'm sure I recall reading that at the time, but obviously nothing came of it, that we know of anyway.

ok; I keep seeing they will cover it live but it's just a picture can we see it live in the us and does anyone hv a direct link? tia. sorry bout that all I edited my post; I thought it was saturday lmao! :heart:

7News Brisbane ‏@7NewsBrisbane 1m

#7NewsQ is comprehensively covering the Gerard #BadenClay trial. @katrinablowers and @emmykubainski are at court. pic.twitter.com/dRIWu3EsyA

7.jpg

Ebony Cavallaro ‏@ebonycavallaro 58s

Gerard #badenclay's sister & brother have arrived at court to wait for a verdict @9NewsBrisbane

Following on from the conversation in the previous thread - I really do feel for his brother in particular. What on earth would/could you do? If OW isn't involved (and I don't think she is), I really don't agree with how she has handled the whole thing and I believe that she has been very disrespectful to Allison's memory when she supposedly "loved" her so much. She could have handled it very differently. HOWEVER, it would be so hard if your brother was in this position and emphatically stating his innocence to you. You would have to have doubts, but would also have to support him and your parents.

IMO

ok; I keep seeing they will cover it live but it's just a picture can we see it live in the us and does anyone hv a direct link? tia. sorry bout that all I edited my post; I thought it was saturday lmao! :heart:

Unfortunately our justice system doesn't allow live coverage of court cases.

Hi Cherry,

I don't believe there will be any live footage of the verdict, just the live reporting. I think it's only on Australian TV Channel 7 but you might be able to stream it from their site, I'll have a look for you...

So this jury is either coming at it from every angle OR they're just really into the court catering. Either way, kindly get a wriggle on peeps...I've got stuff to do!

If it were me, I'd be both hoeing into the free cakes and asking the Judge to re-read the bits where GBC had an overweight and frigid wife, so had to get some sex from a mistress, whom he told everyone he loved but didn't really, also because his business was going AWESOME but just needed sexing up but then that business and that sex both went bad so he needed to get some more sex from some more real estate agents, because their businesses prolly also needed sexing up and also he was just flat out good at sex...also the part where TF said to GBC 'the subtlety wasn't lost on me'...you know, just for fun.

Nine News Australia ‏@9NewsAUS 2m

Wait is back on at the #BadenClay murder trial, as jurors resume their deliberations. @ebonycavallaro will be LIVE in #9News at 11:00am.

Kimster, in response to your question in the last thread.

My uncle (fathers brother) murdered his ex and her new partner. At his dad's funeral (my grandfather) he was allowed to attend the cemetery component if the funeral. I was only about 17, but I'll never forget it... There were plain clothes officers stationed around the perimeter and he was shackled and hand cuffed and accompanied by uniformed officers. He kind of stayed off to the side I looked at him and we made eye contact and I looked away, I couldn't acknowledge him. I felt that's what he was after, he was standing there seeing who would acknowledge him and working out who felt what. I did see 2 of his sisters go to him and one he lifted his arms over her and they hugged.
It was interesting to see as I know so many people were conflicted that day. I mean he wad grieving too, he lost his dad, but I certainly couldn't comfort him.

TBH I'm not entirely sure of who did and didn't support him as we were estranged from our father and lost contact with most if that side if the family one nan and pop were gone.

It's a difficult one that's for sure! If it were someone I was closer too it would be harder not so be supportive IMO.

"+ they only live a few minutes apart!!!
No phones needed!!" - quote from previous thread by Oberammagau

Hi Ober - would you be able to confirm if police door knocked the local streets etc (around BC senior residence) to see if neighbours saw or heard cars leaving/anything unusual on the evening of the 19th? I'm sure I recall reading that at the time, but obviously nothing came of it, that we know of anyway.

Yes they did indeed!
I heard nothing on that night so therefore was unable to help
But they questioned the residents in the immediate area

Sorry Cherry, I did look but it doesn't seem you can view their news coverage online. Your best bet is just following Twitter #badenclay or sticking around here. ;)

Live coverage of the verdict usually means a reporter with an ear piece out side the court house verbaly relaying what is being said in the court. A bit like having live tweets read out loud.

I agree they really need to respond in some way, but the person never said they were at Brookfield SS, they said the van was at "the girl's school". I don't know which one they meant.

Channel 7 has said they have reporters at court and in Brookfield, 'covering all angles'. It's one random tweeter jumping to an incorrect assumption. The girls' current school is nowhere near either and also still in school holidays, not to mention the strict media ban on the children.

Hi Cherry,

I don't believe there will be any live footage of the verdict, just the live reporting. I think it's only on Australian TV Channel 7 but you might be able to stream it from their site, I'll have a look for you...

Channel 9 announced on the weekend that as soon as the jury is back with verdict, it too will be going live to reporters at the court. My guess is that one reporter will be in the court room and the other outside being live to report.

Baden-Clay jury to return on Monday

THE trial of accused wife killer Gerard Baden-Clay will enter its sixth week when jurors resume their deliberations today.

The seven male and five female jurors have spent 12 hours deciding whether the 43-year-old murdered his wife in April 2012. They retired on Thursday afternoon, the 18th day of the trial.

The body of Allison Baden-Clay, 43, was found on a creek bank at Anstead west of Brisbane on April 30, 2012.

The discovery was made 10 days after Baden-Clay reported her missing from their home 13km away in Brookfield.

Jurors have been told they can consider a manslaughter verdict — unintentional killing — if they find Baden-Clay not guilty of murder.

Prosecutors say the former real estate agent probably smothered his wife at their house and dumped her body where it was found under the Kholo Creek bridge.

They say he was under significant personal and financial pressure and had promised his mistress he would be separated by July 1 that year.

The father of three vehemently denied the allegations during his trial, and his defence team suggested Allison jumped or fell to her death after taking an extra dose of antidepressants and walking off during the night.

They pointed to the mother of three’s history of depression and toxicology results that showed elevated levels of an antidepressant and alcohol in her system.

Details of Baden-Clay’s multiple affairs, large debts and Allison’s history of depression were laid bare before packed courtrooms.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...me-deliberations/story-fnihsrf2-1226987798654

Live coverage of the verdict usually means a reporter with an ear piece out side the court house verbaly relaying what is being said in the court. A bit like having live tweets read out loud.

Yes, exactly.

Sorry Cherry, I did look but it doesn't seem you can view their news coverage online. Your best bet is just following Twitter #badenclay or sticking around here. ;)

Possibly the channel 7 app might be helpful?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean