The Verdict Waiting Room #2

Discussion in 'Allison Baden-Clay of Australia' started by marlywings, Jun 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minerva

Minerva New Member

I, for one, am glad that the jury is taking such a long time. I believe it shows that the verdict will be a carefully considered decision.

Based on the tweeting of testimony during the trial, I am conflicted about a guilty verdict. I am not sure that I am quite at "beyond reasonable doubt." I feel like that the prosecution's argument in the end was basically that Gerard was infatuated enough with Toni that he could commit murder in order to be with her. I would send GBC down in a heartbeat if the prosecution had argued that the main motivation was financial. But the conference as a catalyst…Toni's volatility…wiping the slate clean...meh. Todd Fuller lost me there.

I realise this type of view is quite unpopular on this forum…truth be told I'm relieved that it seems at least one juror appears to be more or less on the same page.

2. marlywings

marlywings Former Member

It's anyone's guess with murder trials FruitTingles. Some have taken mere hours while others go for days. Max Sica verdict arrived in just under four days. That was a circumstantial case also.

3. laserdisc10

laserdisc10 Active Member

Never would I patronize TM or any branch of the media which sought to profit from Allison's death, her suffering and pain over four years

Never. I will boycott anything connected with TM regardless of which name she now hides beneath

Further, I will contact any organization or company which advertises in connection with any exploitation of Allison's suffering via the ex Toni McHugh, to tell them I will not only boycott their company/product -- I will go out of my way to influence anyone I meet against that company/product

4. possumheart

possumheart Well-Known Member

How could you possibly know that Minerva? Do you mean that the length of time they have been deliberating indicates to us that there is dissent?

5. squizzey1

squizzey1 Verified insider - Allison Baden-Clay case

why did you hold back laser:laughing:

6. possumheart

possumheart Well-Known Member

I'm on your team, LD10.

7. squizzey1

squizzey1 Verified insider - Allison Baden-Clay case

poss , I am thinking more likely , confusion as to intent , that can be a bit ambiguous me thinks

8. ollijack

ollijack Active Member

Yayyyyyy absolutely agree with you. Thankyou

9. Humdinger

Humdinger Active Member

I personally don't feel it as being unpopular, I don't share your views, but I do like that we have people posting from both opinions. It helps to keep it grounded IMO.

10. Minerva

Minerva New Member

I don't know anything, of course. I only feel that if that if all 12 were as convinced of GBC's guilt as the majority of posters on this forum are, that we would have already heard a "guilty" verdict. I am assuming that there is either a very strong foreman who will not allow voting until all the evidence presented has been reviewed, or there is a discussion taking place whereby some jurors believe GBC is guilty and some are not so sure.

11. Berry

Berry Gotch ya

The Prosecution DOES NOT have to name or prove MOTIVE Minerva.

The Jury however are to see INTENT in the act to find the crime is Murder and decide Guilty.

If you cannot see Allison being being murdered, does that leave the only option left albeit she killed herself and hitched a posthumous ride to Kholo Bridge?

12. Freya1977

Freya1977 Well-Known Member

Nine News Brisbane ‏@9NewsBrisbane 1m

Stay up to date with the #BadenClay trial with @9NewsBrisbane and @TessaScott9 as the jury near a verdict. #9News pic.twitter.com/qIurdS6DC9

BseKkicCEAAi6CS.jpg

13. Minerva

Minerva New Member

Yes of course, that is what I believe. :facepalm:

14. marlywings

marlywings Former Member

Folks any over the top speculation isn't allowed.

Disparaging comments directed at defense team/players in the case aren't allowed either.

15. Amee

Amee Active Member

Guilty or not guilty — jurors consider the evidence against Gerard Baden-Clay

It was close, it was personal, it was violent. What could have been in this man’s mind as he carried that out? His frustrations from his marriage? The double life? The risk to him of it all coming crashing down? Like he told Carmel Ritchie, he wanted to wipe the slate clean.”

http://www.news.com.au/national/gui...gerard-badenclay/story-fncynjr2-1226985488956

16. Bobbie Elliott

Bobbie Elliott Member

Is the jury really near a verdict or is this just Channel 9 BS to keep viewers interested?

17. they'll get you

they'll get you CHRIS. P. BACON

Any news crews outside where TM works?

18. Freya1977

Ebony Cavallaro ‏@ebonycavallaro 1m

Bailiff walks down corridor & crowd hushes...still no word from jury #badenclay

19. Her Honour

Her Honour New Member

Juror #1: OK everybody, it's pretty clear he did it and he meant to do it. Can we just wrap this thing up?
    Juror #2: Yeah, I need to be gone by 4 today. Apparently Ridge and Taylor are getting back together on B&B.
    Juror #3: What time's lunch again?
    Juror #4: I hope there's some more of that cheesecake.
    Juror #5: I don't know how many times I've told that bailiff I'm lactose intolerant.
    Juror #6: I dunno, I was pretty convinced by the suicide theory. I've always wanted a boy.
    Juror #7: No way! Boys are such hard work.
    Juror #8: Maybe, but they totally adore their mothers.
    Juror #9: Gem Dazzle is a REALLY GOOD GAME.
    Juror #10: Did anyone go to the Reds game at the weekend? Are we even allowed?
    Juror #11: Oh, come on! Let's get this show on the road.
    Juror #12: Oh, bloody hell.
    Juror #11: What?!
    Juror #12: Stupid wifi just dropped out...again...

20. Freya1977

Who knows! Nobody......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.