The Verdict Waiting Room #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The jury has been deliberating for 14 hours.

It must seem an absolute lifetime for Allison's loved ones!

I am convinced that Gerard will have a submission from a tame analyst , giving references as to the mitigation of sentence, or even which prison he will be sent to.. this psychiatrist will probably, as a standard , speak of how Gerard had a grim upbringing, his father beat him, his mother locked him in a cupboard and made him dress as a girl, he has suffered from undiagnosed depression for decades, his sibling rivalry, his strange fetish for peculiar jackets, his constant victimisation by everyone..

I look forward to that component..

:laugh:shame she didn't give him make up tips at the same time to cover facial "blemishes"

So this jury is either coming at it from every angle OR they're just really into the court catering. Either way, kindly get a wriggle on peeps...I've got stuff to do!

If it were me, I'd be both hoeing into the free cakes and asking the Judge to re-read the bits where GBC had an overweight and frigid wife, so had to get some sex from a mistress, whom he told everyone he loved but didn't really, also because his business was going AWESOME but just needed sexing up but then that business and that sex both went bad so he needed to get some more sex from some more real estate agents, because their businesses prolly also needed sexing up and also he was just flat out good at sex...also the part where TF said to GBC 'the subtlety wasn't lost on me'...you know, just for fun.

I am convinced that Gerard will have a submission from a tame analyst , giving references as to the mitigation of sentence, or even which prison he will be sent to.. this psychiatrist will probably, as a standard , speak of how Gerard had a grim upbringing, his father beat him, his mother locked him in a cupboard and made him dress as a girl, he has suffered from undiagnosed depression for decades, his sibling rivalry, his strange fetish for peculiar jackets, his constant victimisation by everyone..

I look forward to that component..

Loving the sarcastic humour! Keeping me sane while awaiting the verdict :)

Katrina Blowers ‏@katrinablowers 3m
Also standing by for #badenclay verdict in Brookfield are @KayMcGrath7 and @Kim_Skubris7 . We'll have all angles covered. @7NewsBrisbane

I am surpised Kay McGrath isnt under the Kholo Creek bridge waiting to cross live

Nor would I - I drove over bridge last Thursday evening and all the vans were there - 7,9, 10 and ABC. They had lights and cameras set up in the memorial area. Probably all back there today - wonder what they do stuck out in the middle of nowhere all day waiting?

Regarding OW supporting her brother before - and possibly after - the verdict ...

If she is a Christian she has an obligation to 'visit the prisoner' - as do all Christians - and this applies even more so to one's own family members.

Guilty or not, visiting the prisoner, according to the words of Jesus in the Gospels, is the same as visiting Christ himself.

In 1983 Pope John Paul II visited the prison cell of his would-be-assassin in Rome. Later he advocated for the pardon and release of that man. He also met with the man's mother to encourage her.

Showing mercy does not diminish the seriousness of the crimes, but it does recognise the humanity of the prisoner, and open the way for their redemption.

This can be a very difficult virtue to practice. I think that wherever Allison is now, it is likely that she has already forgiven the person who killed her.

What the jury has to decide is which of two stories is factual.. Either Gerard murdered Allison , or Allison killed herself.

There is no other story, no other narrative, no other scenario, no other explanation. There is no third party involvement, no wandering stranger , no abduction, no kidnapping, no accidental death, no sudden and fatal illness , no undetected lethal brain tumour, or a rapidly developing case of Ebola, no random unfortunate deadly mosquito, no mob hit, no known reason why a 43 yr old woman is dead under the Kholo bridge... last seen alive in pyjamas watching the footy show, by the husband happily ironing his shirt.

Allison didn't die of natural causes.. .. . a human hand, or hands, were indisputably instrumental in her death.. and in the location of her body. It's a matter of who's hand.

To find Gerard not guilty , it follows , and it has to follow, there is no alternative, that Allison killed herself. Both cannot be Not Guilty. Both cannot be Guilty. It's one or the other.

Thank you Your Honour, on that note I find the accused GUILTY of murder.

Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 41s

Jury has now been deliberating for nearly 15 hours. No verdict yet. @9NewsBrisbane #badenclay

If he has private health insurance he can use it in prison and languish between Walston Park and a small private psychiatric hospital for the rest of his days ...

Thought there might be interest bills and credit card debt to be paid first ....? (IMHO)

Sarah Elks ‏@sarahelks 39s

The #badenclay jury has been deliberating for just over two full days. It retired on Thursday at 11.10am. #badenclay

I think poor channel 7 would be innocent. Just because a random
Tweet said it doesn't make it true.

If this goes on into tomorrow or Wednesday I'm going to be very worried. I feel like they've had plenty of time to go over everything, plus plenty of thinking time over the weekend. Of course that's easy for me to say as a non-juror .. but it just seems so cut and dried! Guilty.

Please let Allison have justice. After all she went through, after having her whole life exposed in court for all to see. I really hope there is justice for her.

So do you think Channel 7 have TM holed up in the same hotel as Schapelle?

Im thinking perhaps 60 mins has the scoop, sensationalism is their forte.

Thanks to whoever it was who suggested watching "12 Angry men". I watched it over the weekend, and it was very good - really makes you think about things!

Loving the sarcastic humour! Keeping me sane while awaiting the verdict :)

Humbled to be lumped in with Sooper Trooper there...champagne comedy (on a Legal Aid budget).

All jokes aside, the accused does appear to have some deep seated issues with women...they seem to exist simply to make him/his business look better, bolster his ego, pass on his desperate pleas for money/ask how he is, then the selfish sows go and splash 'his' money on 'flash' stuff, like clothes, jewellery, HOUSING...

IMOO it's fair to think there might be one or more jurors needing convincing of intent, let alone guilt? An agonising wait for all.

So do you think Channel 7 have TM holed up in the same hotel as Schapelle?

Im thinking perhaps 60 mins has the scoop, sensationalism is their forte.

I've been thinking Sunday Night on 7, Rachelle Louise style interview! Her name is mud, she might as well score some money and if she plays it right she might even get some sympathy!

In all seriousness, if she did an interview id watch it, with finger on power button of remote incase she just dribbles BS about GBC.

If he has private health insurance he can use it in prison and languish between Walston Park and a small private psychiatric hospital for the rest of his days ...

Oh darts he says I shouldn't have given up the private health to take out the insurance policy on the wife!

Good morning all. Let's hope today's the day.

Just saw this tweet and thought it might clear up the confusion

“@Kim_Skubris7: @bittersweet_qld It isn't so.. We have a link truck with no camera down the hill from the school.. We are at the General Store..”

Morning everyone. Reading through the posts, it looks like we are still waiting! I thought I might of logged on to find a verdict had been reached...

I've been thinking Sunday Night on 7, Rachelle Louise style interview! Her name is mud, she might as well score some money and if she plays it right she might even get some sympathy!

In all seriousness, if she did an interview id watch it, with finger on power button of remote incase she just dribbles BS about GBC.

Wouldn't miss it for the world!!!
Im sure the sharks are circling and have been circling for some time, they probably had TM the second her testimony finished.
Sickening how she is probably going to make a pretty penny out of it.

I only hope the Dickie's also get a chance to tell their side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth