The Verdict Waiting Room #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
except he will be lucky to serve half of that. And I really still don't think it matters. But as I said, if i get started.. well... I have strong opinions on it and may be here for awhile!
It shouldn't matter his age. He should have been jailed decades ago, not living the life of the rich and famous. The creep may life to 100. Ugh!

I had friends over on the weekend. I asked the men if there was any possibility that a razor could have caused those scratches. They all immediately roared with laughter and agreed without question there was zero possibility in their eyes. I asked them all (ladies and gents) if they were on the jury, would they say guilty or not? Most had read bits and pieces but not obsessively and all but one said guilty most likely. The last said probably guilty but they'd really want to read more before making a final call.

Always interesting getting objective opinions.

Btw I have to thank Websleuths sincerely for updating the program!!!
I'm highly satisfied, that I don't have to constantly log in!!! Super class!

I had friends over on the weekend. I asked the men if there was any possibility that a razor could have caused those scratches. They all immediately roared with laughter and agreed without question there was zero possibility in their eyes. I asked them all (ladies and gents) if they were on the jury, would they say guilty or not? Most had read bits and pieces but not obsessively and all but one said guilty most likely. The last said probably guilty but they'd really want to read more before making a final call.

Always interesting getting objective opinions.

And that's the scary bit - that he may get off because someone can't see the big picture painted by the prosecution

I had a slight concern regarding the Jury coming back for clarification on the evidence: circumstantial.
I wondered what they thought they had been listening to and seeing then over the trial.

I think they (the Jury) have beyond a reasonable doubt as to the 'where' the crime was committed, and where the body was disposed of.
I think they have to decide beyond a reasonable doubt 'who' committed the crime, with the evidence they have.
If the jury decide that GBC lied regarding the evidence related to his grazed face and hence of the crime itself - then a motive would need to be strong enough to be a contributing factor as to 'why' it happened.
I think the 'where' 'who' and 'why' of this case is strong.
JMO

I'm thinking it will be Wednesday before we get an answer, actually.

And that's the scary bit - that he may get off because someone can't see the big picture painted by the prosecution

I should clarify that one person hadn't really followed the case at all so wasn't familiar but from what he had seen, he thought guilty, but wanted to read up on it. Hadn't seen nearly half of the evidence presented

thats right he never tried to find her just wanted to get on with life and get his <modsnip> sister in front of the cameras every 2 seconds to tell everyone how A suffered depression......

GUILTY AS CHARGED!!!! <modsnip>

This is what I was unsure about. He said he was told he was not allowed to search for her but in the early days Det ainsworth said it was "news to him". I don't believe the prosecution actually ever probed that with him or the police did they? They also said he never visited the command centre but wasn't one of his interviews from there?

I might have missed it, but really just trying to view this through the jury and how he behaved following her disappearance.

Anyone clarify?

I think he gave a statement from the show grounds - but it was when the show was on

it was picked up before the jury began its deliberations.. by a sparky juror.. ... I find it hard to believe that an incident similar to this in the USA would produce a mistrial.. or anywhere else, for that matter.. it wasn't extreme, or prejudicial to the defendant
I heard a report last week that a juror in the USA was dismissed after admitting he had watched a news report

Can I just put this out there - every now and then someone mentions Allison's (now missing) pyjamas. Unless I've missed something, I really don't believe Allison was wearing her pyjamas. What her girls described could easily have been what she was found wearing - trackie pants & sloppy joe jumper.

I think she was killed before she ever had a chance to get ready for bed, somewhere around 10-11pm. I think GBC was home from Kholo Creek before 1.48am, when he out his phone on the charger. I think it was outside on the patio where they had gone out to "talk". Her pyjamas were never found the next morning (I asked @KateKyriaciou(?) and she said 'never found'), and I don't believe GBC would have dressed her.

Regarding OW supporting her brother before - and possibly after - the verdict ...

If she is a Christian she has an obligation to 'visit the prisoner' - as do all Christians - and this applies even more so to one's own family members.

Guilty or not, visiting the prisoner, according to the words of Jesus in the Gospels, is the same as visiting Christ himself.

In 1983 Pope John Paul II visited the prison cell of his would-be-assassin in Rome. Later he advocated for the pardon and release of that man. He also met with the man's mother to encourage her.

Showing mercy does not diminish the seriousness of the crimes, but it does recognise the humanity of the prisoner, and open the way for their redemption.

This can be a very difficult virtue to practice. I think that wherever Allison is now, it is likely that she has already forgiven the person who killed her.
Have never heard of that term .....

Folks this thread is about the trial of GBC & waiting for the verdict.

It has absolutely nothing to do with birthing babies, pets, school holidays or Rolf Harris.

All off topic posts will be removed.

So this jury is either coming at it from every angle OR they're just really into the court catering. Either way, kindly get a wriggle on peeps...I've got stuff to do!

If it were me, I'd be both hoeing into the free cakes and asking the Judge to re-read the bits where GBC had an overweight and frigid wife, so had to get some sex from a mistress, whom he told everyone he loved but didn't really, also because his business was going AWESOME but just needed sexing up but then that business and that sex both went bad so he needed to get some more sex from some more real estate agents, because their businesses prolly also needed sexing up and also he was just flat out good at sex...also the part where TF said to GBC 'the subtlety wasn't lost on me'...you know, just for fun.

What was the "subtlety" quote in ref to again? I remember thinking it was gold!

Can I just put this out there - every now and then someone mentions Allison's (now missing) pyjamas. Unless I've missed something, I really don't believe Allison was wearing her pyjamas. What her girls described could easily have been what she was found wearing - trackie pants & sloppy joe jumper.

I think she was killed before she ever had a chance to get ready for bed, somewhere around 10-11pm. I think GBC was home from Kholo Creek before 1.48am, when he out his phone on the charger. I think it was outside on the patio where they had gone out to "talk". Her pyjamas were never found the next morning (I asked @KateKyriaciou(?) and she said 'never found'), and I don't believe GBC would have dressed her.

I continue to be confused about the "missing" pyjamas. On Day 12 of the trial, GBC said Allison was wearing pyjamas (only his word, I know) - but I can't figure out why he would say this only to have them missing (apparently) later. When asked by Todd Fuller he gave a ridiculous reply (the pyjamas were not in the photo). I doubt it's in any way critical to the trial but just something that has left me wondering.

Baden-Clay said his wife was wearing blue and white chequered pyjamas, with a sloppy joe and blue hiking socks that she would usually wear around the house.

He said he did not see her wearing anything else.

“When we got home she was already changed into that,” he said of her pyjamas.

This is what I was unsure about. He said he was told he was not allowed to search for her but in the early days Det ainsworth said it was "news to him". I don't believe the prosecution actually ever probed that with him or the police did they? They also said he never visited the command centre but wasn't one of his interviews from there?

I might have missed it, but really just trying to view this through the jury and how he behaved following her disappearance.

Anyone clarify?

" I heard after he was arrested that he had been told by his lawyer not to search, but that was second hand through speculation I think, GBC said nothing though about it and only did that one statement out the front of his parents house to the media, the Dickies were at the showgrounds everyday, but he was never there and never helped search. His behaviour straight after I will never forget, he did his best to hide his scratches by holding his mobile phone against his face when he was coming and going from his lawyers office ( he hired the day Allison was reported missing) he grew a beard, and hid at his parents house leaving his sister to do most of the talking, later we find out that he was telling his mistress that he loved her on the phone the same day his wife was reported missing. The weird stuff with the father, the supposed facetime calls that I have not heard brought up since the beginning , the scratches, the vacuum, the rambling explanation for midnight walks and him the dickies away from the girls for the first few days after so they could not be alone with them. There were so many things that were classed as weird behaviour, many sleuthers here will recall the early days when he was first suspected and the agonising wait for the police to charge him, but the behaviour of him and his family made a lot of people sick, especially the pages and pages about the granny pash which escalated into lots of people getting into trouble off the moderators and the moderators getting a crash course in Aussie slang.

The laws against adultery still exist, they're just no longer prosecuted.

I am assuming you are in the US as it hasn't been a law in Australia either ever or for a very long time.
In the mid 1800's it became legal grounds for divorce, but it's not illegal.

"+ they only live a few minutes apart!!!
No phones needed!!" - quote from previous thread by Oberammagau

Hi Ober - would you be able to confirm if police door knocked the local streets etc (around BC senior residence) to see if neighbours saw or heard cars leaving/anything unusual on the evening of the 19th? I'm sure I recall reading that at the time, but obviously nothing came of it, that we know of anyway.

There are not too many houses around the (then) BC rental property. It is a rural area. There is not much through traffic, even in the daytime. (I live in a nearby suburb, and have several friends out there so I go to and through Brookfield often.) The church is next door to where they were living when Allison "disappeared" and the show grounds are opposite. Their house is quite isolated, even for Brookfield, where most people live on acreage properties. Having said that, sound does travel in this area (IMO), as it is quite low lying compared to other places in the vicinity: it is a hilly area but the area around the showgrounds is flat. Does that make sense? I do think Bruce Flegg, et al, heard Allison that night (and not from the girl scared by a spider web). Bruce Flegg is a medical doctor: why would he report hearing screams that sent alarm bells for him? No reason to, especially as he was a friend/acquaintance of GBC.

What was the "subtlety" quote in ref to again? I remember thinking it was gold!

On 7 July, when talking about the three Cs each lending him $90,000, GBC said "these were long standing friends I was borrowing from" - and that's when our smoochable QC made his "subtlety" remark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth