The Verdict Waiting Room

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, yes, I've noticed over the past few weeks that I miss the odd one, maybe it's an ipad thing?
Yes could be, I'm using tapatalk to post from my phone so could also be a tapatalk thing :)

Is everyone ready for tomorrow? Is it going to be like Friday or we will know his future.

With Gittany we waited weeks for the sentence to be read by the judge. I gather it'll be similar with a jury trial?

My bet is still Tuesday arvo...

This one for Alioop please. If (when) Gerard is found guilty - what is the process for sentencing? I know it doesn't happen immediately but what is the norm in a situation like this?

I'm hoping the jurors have had a refreshing weekend and the facts have settled well enough to make the right decision.

http://www.news.com.au/national/judge-or-jury-your-life-depends-on-this-decision/story-fncynjr2-1226759899197

I found this interesting, while waiting, article on when you should or shouldn't choose a jury trial versus a judge only trial.

"If I have a really sound case at law, I'd want a judge," Mr Lloyd said. "If I have a case running on the vibe I'd want a jury."

I'd say GBC is counting on his "charm" and the "vibe". I say the prosecution has a very strong case, but as stated in this article, juries are often confused by what constitutes "reasonable doubt" - evident by the juries questions to the judge so far.

Also interesting that it's perceived as a given that jurors will in fact look up media articles.

http://www.news.com.au/national/judge-or-jury-your-life-depends-on-this-decision/story-fncynjr2-1226759899197

I found this interesting, while waiting, article on when you should or shouldn't choose a jury trial versus a judge only trial.

"If I have a really sound case at law, I'd want a judge," Mr Lloyd said. "If I have a case running on the vibe I'd want a jury."

I'd say GBC is counting on his "charm" and the "vibe". I say the prosecution has a very strong case, but as stated in this article, juries are often confused by what constitutes "reasonable doubt" - evident by the juries questions to the judge so far.

Also interesting that it's perceived as a given that jurors will in fact look up media articles.
According to Ian Lloyd, QC while talking to the media ...

I just learned something new :lookingitup:

You can have private health insurance while in Queensland Jails, and make use of private hospitals. Even some prisoners are more equal than others.
:puddle:

I'm just hoping the TV stations aren't ready with the cheques ready to pay the undeserving.

Ah well I just don't understand this world at times and wonder what the lessons we are meant to be learning.

Good night my sweet people, sleep well because we have big things in store for this week.

:websleuther: mmm who's gonna supply my cyber Valium milkshake 2morrow?? :peace:

:eek:fftobed:

:bombshell:
I'm just hoping the TV stations aren't ready with the cheques ready to pay the undeserving.

Ah well I just don't understand this world at times and wonder what the lessons we are meant to be learning.

Good night my sweet people, sleep well because we have big things in store for this week.

:websleuther: mmm who's gonna supply my cyber Valium milkshake 2morrow?? :peace:

:eek:fftobed:

:floating: :floating: :floating: :floating: :eek:fftobed:

Oh dear it's nearly 1am and I'm sitting here hoping for good news today for Allison. I should be in bed lol 7.30am start after a two week holiday.

I hope there is a verdict on Monday. it will be hard for me to make it in on Tuesday but I could possibly slip away on Monday to join the post-verdict group as long as you all hang around for a while - depending on the time the verdict is given.

The waiting is intense, God knows how it must be for the Dickies and Allisons close friends. It must also be horrible for the Clays. I dont like them at all, but I do feel for Olivia. Even though she might not be someone I'd be friends with, she is supporting her brother, and you know what it can be like in families, often there is quite a difference between siblings. I know from experience having supported my siblings through some bad times that they have brought on themselves (nothing as extreme as this of course), but you do it because you love them and believe in them. How shattering it would be to discover your own brother was a murderer, and murdered someone who you were friends with and really loved. She probably can't believe that of him.

But of course it is the Dickies I am really feeling for the most. We have rehashed this case so many times on here, and we have had many laughs and also tears, all because of the horrible end to the life of such a beautiful woman. I dont know how the Dickies have coped, especially seeing the photos of her body. I'm glad I wasn't in court the day they were shown. I was thinking tonight how I'd feel if it was one of my adult children, found lying in that position. I would never recover, I know that, thinking of the callous disregard and the brutal actions to cause death.

I hope there is a verdict on Monday. it will be hard for me to make it in on Tuesday but I could possibly slip away on Monday to join the post-verdict group as long as you all hang around for a while - depending on the time the verdict is given.

The waiting is intense, God knows how it must be for the Dickies and Allisons close friends. It must also be horrible for the Clays. I dont like them at all, but I do feel for Olivia. Even though she might not be someone I'd be friends with, she is supporting her brother, and you know what it can be like in families, often there is quite a difference between siblings. I know from experience having supported my siblings through some bad times that they have brought on themselves (nothing as extreme as this of course), but you do it because you love them and believe in them. How shattering it would be to discover your own brother was a murderer, and murdered someone who you were friends with and really loved. She probably can't believe that of him.

But of course it is the Dickies I am really feeling for the most. We have rehashed this case so many times on here, and we have had many laughs and also tears, all because of the horrible end to the life of such a beautiful woman. I dont know how the Dickies have coped, especially seeing the photos of her body. I'm glad I wasn't in court the day they were shown. I was thinking tonight how I'd feel if it was one of my adult children, found lying in that position. I would never recover, I know that, thinking of the callous disregard and the brutal actions to cause death.

Sorry I believe that Olivia knows what he did and she was involved in it in some way. No sympathy for her.

The weather was so beautiful this weekend. I hope that as those jurors enjoyed that sunshine, that they thought of Allison, how she would have had enjoyed spending time with her children in that beautiful sunshine. I hope their hearts and minds were struck with the need for justice for Allison, for her children, her family and her friends, and how it would be utterly wrong to allow G to EVER enjoy that beautiful sunshine and those beautiful children ever again.

I have been thinking about them making money off this too- i have no words on how much that will annoy me!
But I bet they will do every interview they can get their grubby hands on.

It is Monday morning 7 am...whilst at work will be thinking of this trial. Justice for Al. Have a good day everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea