The Whites Party Photos and also When exactly did JBR die??

Did you attribute the "oohing and ahhing over her" quote to Linda Wilcox when you referenced it in your statement in post #182, yes or no?

Don't try and change the subject. Why does her referencing Wilcox even matter?

Did you attribute the "oohing and ahhing over her" quote to Linda Wilcox when you referenced it in your statement in post #182, yes or no?
Does the attribution or lack thereof change the meaning of the words, yes or no?

Does the attribution or lack thereof change the meaning of the words, yes or no?

Not to interject into this argument, but yes -- it changes the context. The onus falls on the writer to clearly present that context of the phrase "oohing and aahing." Since the writer didn't in her initial post (only afterward), IcedTea shouldn't be blamed for "not keeping up."

In the context of the writer alone using that term, the phrase doesn't hold much water, because speculation abounds on any message board by any given member.

In the context of BR himself using that term, the phrase holds more water, because it confirms that (at least for this one instance) he was indeed jealous of the attention (the original point the writer was trying to make).

If the writer presented the "oohing" quote in context initially, this argument might never have occurred (which, for all intents and purposes, is IcedTea's point in his last post).

Not to interject into this argument, but yes -- it changes the context. The onus falls on the writer to clearly present that context of the phrase "oohing and aahing." Since the writer didn't in her initial post (only afterward), IcedTea shouldn't be blamed for "not keeping up."

In the context of the writer alone using that term, the phrase doesn't hold much water, because speculation abounds on any message board by any given member.

In the context of BR himself using that term, the phrase holds more water, because it confirms that (at least for this one instance) he was indeed jealous of the attention (the original point the writer was trying to make).

If the writer presented the "oohing" quote in context initially, this argument might never have occurred (which, for all intents and purposes, is IcedTea's point in his last post).

This is a message board not a federal court. Do you expect a citation for every sentence we write? It doesn't take a genius to know that JB was special. The costumes, the trophies, the photo sessions and public appearances, no doubt the conversation always revolved about JB when she walked in to a room. JB was popular, beautiful and talented whilst Burke was a homely, awkward nerd. Its human nature to take interest in a child like JB. To try and pretend that wasn't the case is just being stupid IMO.

This is a message board not a federal court. Do you expect a citation for every sentence we write? It doesn't take a genius to know that JB was special. The costumes, the trophies, the photo sessions and public appearances, no doubt the conversation always revolved about JB when she walked in to a room. JB was popular, beautiful and talented whilst Burke was a homely, awkward nerd. Its human nature to take interest in a child like JB. To try and pretend that wasn't the case is just being stupid IMO.
Wait am I going to get an "F" in my websleuths class if I don't use APA style?
Oh right. I'm not taking a class lol.

So yes. No further questions at this time.

I know exactly what you mean but JBR, in her everyday clothes, wouldn't have looked so spectacular. She was above average pretty, yes.

I find it an odd thing for a 9 year old boy to use the expression "ooh and aah", but maybe he did. Who knows?

I agree that I think he was jealous of his sister and the attention she received, especially in connection with the pageants. That would probably be quite natural.

I suspect that friends and family would have tried to make a fuss of BR too, so as not to make him feel left out. I'm just guessing though.

Do you always take offense when someone answers a simple question?

You're right, it's a message board. A question was asked, and people are allowed to answer. The end.

It's fine if you want to believe in the sibling rivalry angle. It's also fine for other to disagree. Cheers.

Wait am I going to get an "F" in my websleuths class if I don't use APA style?
Oh right. I'm not taking a class lol.

Context is basic grammar, not APA style.

I certainly didn't start and/or steer the conversation toward semantics -- just thought I'd answer the question.

Do you always take offense when someone answers a simple question?

You're right, it's a message board. A question was asked, and people are allowed to answer. The end.

It's fine if you want to believe in the sibling rivalry angle. It's also fine for other to disagree. Cheers.

Sure, but when you start demanding response with "YES or NO", or adding in FFS, you are demeaning the original poster. We all know that person is an IDI who is just in here questioning every minute detail for the sake of disrupting the conversation.

Sure, but when you start demanding response with "YES or NO", or adding in FFS, you are demeaning the original poster. We all know that person is an IDI who is just in here questioning every minute detail for the sake of disrupting the conversation.

Just for clarification, I never demanded a "yes" or "no" response or added "FFS." I answered the question, that's all.

And respectfully, just because a person simply questions things about this case, doesn't automatically make him/her an IDI (or any other label for that matter). That's not disrupting a conversation -- it's adding to it. Like you say, it's a message board. People are allowed to question things.

Context is basic grammar, not APA style.

I certainly didn't start and/or steer the conversation toward semantics -- just thought I'd answer the question.
Oh I wasn't trying to be ornery with you! I just get irritated with the "TV lawyer" court speak--yes or no --as though posters are being cross examined. Reminds me of Ally McBeal.

On the subject of Burke being jealous of JonBenet, that was Judith Phillips' impression. She said it herself on one of the specials (I believe the ID 3-parter) and her husband Tom Miller said the same thing to Peter Boyles circa 2013. I transcribed some of it, don't have the link handy but it's on Youtube.
Uh, Jonbenet, we know, was leaving...was wetting the bed and leaving feces in her bed, indications of sexual abuse. Uh, and we know there was tremendous jealousy between Burke and Jonbenet. Uh, we know that he had struck Jonbenet once before, I believe with a golf club. So I believe something went wrong between Burke and Jonbenet. I don't know what. I can't imagine what was going on. But then after that, Patsy and John make a determination that's something's wrong and something has to be covered up.
How did "we" know that? Unclear. Her daughter was around Burke's age at the time so she may have heard more about him that way but I don't know how much time she spent around the Ramseys as a family. Not too much.

Here is a bit about Burke (as cookie on FFJ) from 2005 where she commented on that photo she took of P, B, JB and Nedra titled "The Salute." She never said much about Burke or her opinion in these earlier posts, presumably due to his age and the theory not being popular at the time. She seems to be implying something about his body language in the photo but I'm not sure what.
Cookie, Oct 5 2005
T,

Yes, this is one of the images I took during the Spring 1996 photo shoot. When I told everyone to stand like soldiers, they did and JB saluted as John John Kennedy did at his father's funeral. Isn't Burke's body position interesting? Look at the photo very closely.
My Insights
In the photo I found it interesting that Burke appears to be crowded out by his sister with his right hand behind JB. His jacket appears too small for him especially on the sleeve, but that is not so uncommon with young boys that age. I have a son and at that age, he grew so fast, I couldn't keep up the clothes factor. Anyway, Burke appears crowded out by his sister in the photograph.

I recall that the photo session was a little tense. The RAMS were late and in a hurry to "get it over" as they were leaving for Michigan the very next day. I was surprised that JB was wearing makeup and am not sure if Burke had lipstick on or not. I was busy setting up the equipment and didn't notice.
I didn't think much of it upon first reading it but now that I know she thought there were jealousy issues between them I wonder what exactly she was getting at.

Not to mention the fact that some part of that Wilcox interview is cited out here practically every week. It was partly meant as an inside joke. But the troll - and let's face it, that's exactly how he or she behaves out here - felt compelled to act, as usual, like a total jerk for no reason.

*snip*We all know that person is an IDI who is just in here questioning every minute detail for the sake of disrupting the conversation.

To paraphrase Sirius Black in the Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban movie: "Brilliant, andreww. Once again you have set your keen and penetrating mind to the task and have come to the wrong conclusion".

On the subject of Burke being jealous of JonBenet, that was Judith Phillips' impression. She said it herself on one of the specials (I believe the ID 3-parter) and her husband Tom Miller said the same thing to Peter Boyles circa 2013. I transcribed some of it, don't have the link handy but it's on Youtube.

How did "we" know that? Unclear. Her daughter was around Burke's age at the time so she may have heard more about him that way but I don't know how much time she spent around the Ramseys as a family. Not too much.

Here is a bit about Burke (as cookie on FFJ) from 2005 where she commented on that photo she took of P, B, JB and Nedra titled "The Salute." She never said much about Burke or her opinion in these earlier posts, presumably due to his age and the theory not being popular at the time. She seems to be implying something about his body language in the photo but I'm not sure what.

I didn't think much of it upon first reading it but now that I know she thought there were jealousy issues between them I wonder what exactly she was getting at.

The Salute:

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2508&stc=1&d=1169828452

femmy pouty?

To paraphrase Sirius Black in the Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban movie: "Brilliant, andreww. Once again you have set your keen and penetrating mind to the task and have come to the wrong conclusion".
Well do tell what the correct conclusion is? For whatever reason, I thought you were a possible "John Ramsey did it?"

Well do tell what the correct conclusion is? For whatever reason, I thought you were a possible "John Ramsey did it?"

I've always assumed they went with Andrew Hodges' theory (PDI with John as the molester) since they've mentioned liking the book a few times. But who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never read this theory, but this is what I believe also. I will do a google search now, but does anyone have the theory handy by chance?

Everywhere I've looked, the web links are broken/missing.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53
Back