Theories discussion: What could have happened to Haleigh? #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has been a possible theory I have thought about, too.
Damage to the van-Chelsea stated she did not notice it-Lindsy said she noticed it soon after Haleigh's disappearance when (I assume) the van was driven to Tyler after Chelsea was called about Haleigh. Lindsy then called Chelsea to ask about the damage-Chelsea said she did not do it.

It's a possibility Haleigh may not of been properly secured and hit her head if there was an accident. No immediate signs of injury. When Misty described the Monday evening activities in one of the TM tests she stated Haleigh was riding her bike and (paraphrasing) "she was fine then". This statement has bothered me. Why wouldn't she be fine? Later on Haleigh could of been acting funny,(think Natasha Richardson) Misty noticed and called Ron or TN or AS. AS and Aunt
Elisa (who had a RN license-expired 7/08) were reported by Misty as being there that evening. I think this fact was not to be revealed and it wasn't until a week or so after Haleigh disappeared when the talk started flying about Misty not being home all night so AS stepped in and gave her an alibi. Didn't TN admit to calling AS and asking her to go to Green Lane with the reason being to take clothes to them?

Haleigh could have passed away and we all know what happens when death occurs explaining why the blanket would need to be washed. They all leave Green Lane and well, you know. Misty was told to turn her phone off so it wouldn't ping elsewhere. Jr. was told Haleigh was sick and sleeping and they were taking her to the dr. They don't want LE involved because Ron is responsible for the accident and could lose Jr. By this time TN has Misty and Jr. with her and drop them off at Green Lane, stage the scene, wait on Ron and call 911. Jr. sleeps through everything but is woken up when he hears Ron yelling. TN waits nearby, RC calls her and she arrives. She calls AS and she arrives.

That would explain why Haleigh never had pj's on-she never went to bed! What she was wearing was an overlooked detail in the planning. Misty does not know that Haleigh was not wearing the pink shirt (because she is not the one who removed it or put it where it was found) or forgets. Ron is upset and punches the door/wall whatever, I've heard both stories. The 20 phone calls to Misty and the call to Tommy was to set them up or maybe Ron called Tommy and asked him to remove anything he did not want LE to find from the home.

Ron denies Joe's presence at the home and the gun fight because he is part of the reason for Haleigh's fate and Ron doesn't want him linked to it but TN and Misty aren't filled in on this detail, that is why they stated it did happen, even Misty's parents did an interview blaming Joe, repeating the gun theft and Joe's threat to get even with Ron.

I think Tommy has an idea on who is responsible for what happened to Haleigh but doesn't know a lot of details. It's possible he didn't tell LE about Ron's phone call or his visit to the Green Lane home because Ron threatened him or paid him off in some way to keep his mouth shut. Ron denies asking Tommy to go to Green Lane (he denies everything except for he was at work) he only states he called to ask if Misty was there. It is not known if Tommy called Ron back or Ron called Tommy back after Tommy went to Green Lane house. I think there is no return phone call because Ron already knew Misty was not home and the only reason Tommy went there was to get rid of "stuff" and Ron does not want that known. After the incident in Welaka with Tommy and Ron's arrest I think Ron was scared Tommy was mad enough at him (for treating his sister bad) to spill the beans so Ron did the rat incident. The Saturday after the rat incident when Det. Merchant went to Welaka to speak to Ron AS stated Ron and Misty were in St. Augustine. (stated in police report) Not long after that it was known that that is where Ron's attorney is located-I can't recall right off if that is where Misty's lawyer is located, too.

Ron's first lawyer (Kimball) was no longer representing him. I believe that Ron and Misty were thinking Tommy was going to spill the beans and implicate them in Haleigh's disappearance so they retained lawyers right away. Does anyone know if Shoemaker is representing Ron pro-bono or not? Something Tommy said to Ron that night in Welaka made Ron go after him after AS had broken up the fight and Ron went inside. I have a very good idea what it was. I wouldn't be surprised if Ron threatened to hurt Misty or Tommy's children if Tommy tells and Ron finds out about it. I think Tommy wants to tell what he knows and it is possible he already has. I also think this is why there has also been a drastic change in him since Feb. It is eating away at him.

I don't put much into the dog scent trail because of the way the blankets were handled and the wind. The scent picked up could have belonged to someone else. I am not clear on what was used for the dogs to get the original scent, if it was bedding Ron slept on it could of been his scent the dogs picked, maybe he has walked to the river, Haleigh could have even been with him. Haleigh's scent the dogs picked up away from the river could of been from her taking a walk or riding her bike around the neighborhood.

One problem I have with this theory is that if an auto accident did happen I would think there would be witnesses who saw the accident unless they were in a secluded area.

This is just a theory I have based on people's certain actions, known facts gathered etc, etc.

This is a very well sorted theory, Twall. Kudos to you.

Perhaps Law Enforcement in Putnam County didn't like the story?:waitasec:

I commend both of these women for putting everything but Haleigh and Junior aside. I hope and pray they will get the answers and the help that they seek.

Is there a link to this fact? I have never heard anything from Haleigh's bus driver. TIA!

This comment was made by either Cobra or TJ Hart on Simon Barrett's weekly update on the HaLeigh Cummings case Nov 26/09 to support it was Misty at the bus stop not Ronald.

Who saw HaLeigh get off the bus Monday afternoon?

I believe in miracles, I also believe that Haleigh will be found.

Hi elle, this comment was made by TJ Hart during Simon Barrett's update segment on Nov 26th show.

It is believed the area around Murphy’s Creek across by Buffalo Bluff Road by River Villas needs to be researched. LE didn’t search this area thoroughly and it is believed some evidence of Haleigh’s may be out in this area.

New search for HaLeigh?

A representative of The Laura Recovery Center in Friendswood, TX
The representative we spoke with Friday morning said a meeting would be held today to see if this case will be one they will be able to accept. The Laura Recovery Center offered its assistance early in the investigation, but was turned down by law enforcement. It is our understanding that a third party made contact with the group and then contacted both sides of Haleigh’s family.
This is a portion of an email sent to the third party from the Laura Recovery Center in response to an inquiry:
“We have watched coverage on Haleigh’s case and when she was first
reported missing offered assistance to Law Enforcement who declined our
offer.
The Laura Recovery Center responds to missing persons cases when
requested by Parents, Law Enforcement or part of our local Amber Plan.
I would like to talk with Haleigh’s mother or father to see if there are
any resources or assistance that we can offer.
Certainly, this must be an extremely difficult and emotional time for
all who know and love Haleigh. We pray that Haleigh will be found and
that she will be reunited with those who love her.”
LAURA RECOVERY CENTER
906 Anna Lane Friendswood, TX 77546
info@LRCF.NET
A Non-Profit 501(c)3 Organization

Could it be possible that JO was in the car with misty at the bus stop. They left there and headed towards buffalo bluff road and it was said,though not verified, that rc chased her down. Did an event happen at that time. Were they chased off the road and got the damage? Did the fight happen on the road out there and NOT at the MH?

.......imagination is in overdrive about now

Good thinking whisperer. I believe if the fight between Ron and Joe occurred at Ron's house, the neighbors would have definitely heard it.

This comment was made by either Cobra or TJ Hart on Simon Barrett's weekly update on the HaLeigh Cummings case Nov 26/09 to support it was Misty at the bus stop not Ronald.

Who saw HaLeigh get off the bus Monday afternoon?

I'm not certain, but I thought that was stated by a caller. Or maybe TJ referring to someone who keeps calling him? [IDK, sorry.]

That's where most of the Rose search occurred.

The Laura group should have a lovely visit. It's really pretty down there.

Whisp, a snip of your post 413, "deadbolts opened with no marks" brought to mind a red flag for me from the beginning. Early on RC seemed to repeatedly promote the notion of a break in of the back door even though LE never waivered from their statements of no visible signs of forced entry.

How could anyone look at a door with NO marks of forced entry and state the door was broken into possibly using a crowbar? It does not require a forensic analyst to know that a crowbar would do serious damage to a mobile home's door.

I don't see any way these statements can be viewed as anything other than intentional misdirection.

Maybe 'cuz he read about lock-bumping on the internet? - or his momma?

Just making the pieces fit the story, imo.

Or he has done lock bumping. Funny, though, after he suggesed that scenario, Misty joined right in with the same thought. Of course rc prefaced the story with "I have no clue, ms nancy, how anyone could have got in that door"..

...........still doing the double speak...he follows that up with his probably how they did it (lock bumping, crow bar)

He did offer up a crowbar??....which as Papa pointed out is outrageous in itself. These are the kind of statements that make you want to smash a beer can on your forehead

I agree with quite a few things you have stated, however I believe more is involved than Haleigh just not being properly secured and hitting her head in a car accident....And their being no immediate signs of injury..JMO

That is a very good possibility. The thought has crossed my mind.
I was trying to tie the van damage to an accident that Haleigh could have been injured in.
After I read Whisperer's post I quoted and then your BINGO post my theory came spilling out for I have had many of the same ideas.
I believe it is pretty much a given fact (RC's lawyer basically admitted to it) that Ron was late for work on Feb. 9 and there has to be a reason for it. In my theory it places him at work until 3 am. I am not convinced one way or another if he was there until 3 am or not.

Warning long post. I am awake and waiting for banana bread to finish.

Since the scent ends at the bus stop, is it possible that they tracked her last day going to school....but wait a minute....misty said rc and her drove her to the classroom. This makes absolutely no sense because others saw him driving recklessly at the bus stop. witnesses may get their days mixed if they are not questioned right away.

ugh! you know this is getting way to crazy. Deer blood ,blankets, barges arriving for rc to work late, cells turned off. deadbolts opened with no marks, drugs, guns, cinder blocks on ramp..renter never saw it/them before and there is a stack in his yard. No release of who drives what vehicle...a boat was impounded and to top it off LE wants all who say Haleigh that weekend to take a POLY. They also want to go back a month in time. RC doesn't like that part.

We have TN saying she sent a "family member" over to check on the kids...WHY couldn't she say mother. RC says he used a friend's boat...why couldn't he say his granny's. What's with these people. They always seem to be conniving or trying to pull one over on people. I believe with all my heart that LE is really p.od at TN. I don't think they choose to deal with her at all. She does not appear to be trustworthy.

To top it off Sykes says she was there also deliviring laundry...yeah, right. We recently found out she had company in the car with her...Eliza. That would be her brother donald's (TN;s brother, Sykes son) ex, right?

Another thing that bugs me about the night in question is Misty's words to Ron. He came home and she is standing in the doorway saying, "Your back door is open and your daughter is gone." A few minutes later she is claiming Haleigh as her daughter to 911. I suggest she was distancing herself from the child and that she knows and may have harmed Haleigh herself. Both of these two would benefit from a psych work-up.

My problemm lies with rc acceptin her unconditionally....that is just too weird. He is either involved at some level or has serious mental issues because no normal person would marry the person who may have harmed or lost your child. A normal person would be highly suspicious.

BBM I think this happened too because people weren't paying attention.

Jerry Santos witnessed Ronald pulling a "wheelie" at the school children's bus stop Monday am and he said he couldn't see inside the car with tinted windows and couldn't see who was in the car with Ron.

I think LE need to name Joe as a POI in order to move this case forward. We need Joe to take a LDT and be ordered to undergo a psychiatric assessment.

Joe is described as a very disturbed individual who I believe from what he posted on his myspace page is sworn to secrecy which may explain why, if Joe did commit a crime that involved HaLeigh, he hasn't boasted about it.

Here is my reason or thinking about cousin Joe; Why I haven't been convinced it is him behind Haleigh's disappearance.

Misty is the only one who has come forward to accuse Joe of "messing with her". We don't know when or if this occurred. If they were both young, it could have been what kids do (show me your's, I will show you mine) rather than predator. Doing something like that is way different than being a SO or predator. We don't have any other complaints about him or other girls coming forward. No arrests on him for SO. Only what Misty said.

We don't have any interaction with him and Haleigh reported. If he had been seen with her and was a know SO, LE would have had him in jail, JMO.

I see him as a small time punk, a hood wantabe, but not a SO, child kidnapper, murderer. JMO

This is my first post here at WS, I'm happy to have found you. I have been following this case from the beginning, I can't believe that soon it will be a year.

After reading some recent posts about JO being in the car with Misty, things came together a bit more for my theory.

I think whatever happened to Haleigh happened after school, Misty picked her up at the bus stop. I think they were headed to where Misty got the bad drugs she was complaining about. Something went really wrong and Haleigh was killed. Ron was there, so was Misty, -Joe, Tommy, Lindsey, TN, GGS - they all know what happened. They know Haleigh is dead.

Ron could have followed Misty, or he could have been there before them. I have wondered about the gun that JO and Ron had the fight over, I don't know, maybe Haleigh was injured with the gun. It's so hard to say, because LE has held all of the information so close to the vest. We really don't even know when Ron really arrived at work.

I think they burried her, perhaps at the Aunt's tree farm. I think this because initally they were in serious mourning, and scared. The whole wedding thing was to keep Misty quiet. Ron got those tatoos (of both Haleigh and Ron, Jr.) because he really thought he was going to be arrested and lose Jr. too.

The cover-up began by those close to Ron and has continued. They know Haleigh is gone and that it was a terrable accident (at least in their minds), so why should anyone else like, RC go to prison. After all he was just trying to make some extra money dealing in drugs, like everyone else does...I think his Mother and Grandmother has been making excuses for him his whole life, so why stop now?

If anyone sees holes in my theory please post them. I even wounder about the other kids in the van with Misty, what did they see? Why would Tommy and Lindsey cover for Ron? These are just two off the top of my head, there are more.

I'll have to find the spell check.

Honestly, do people not believe that if LE had evidence that Ron did not pick Haleigh up from the bus stop, and that he lied, he would not be arrested for obstruction? If they suspected him, he would be much easier to break while in jail. Same goes for Misty, lying to a LEO about something like that, especially during a missing child investigation will get you thrown in jail. Even if it's so they can turn up the pressure to get more info. Look at Tommy, he admitted to being at the crime scene inside the LE timeline, while in jail.

After 10 months and nothing is happening, LE would jump at the chance to get someone in jail on this case.

Honestly, do people not believe that if LE had evidence that Ron did not pick Haleigh up from the bus stop, and that he lied, he would not be arrested for obstruction? If they suspected him, he would be much easier to break while in jail. Same goes for Misty, lying to a LEO about something like that, especially during a missing child investigation will get you thrown in jail. Even if it's so they can turn up the pressure to get more info. Look at Tommy, he admitted to being at the crime scene inside the LE timeline, while in jail.

After 10 months and nothing is happening, LE would jump at the chance to get someone in jail on this case.

Curve,

They haven't arrested Misty for obstruction, she has changed her story 3 times and is the last person with her. The bus stop stories are just one more thing that no one agrees on, not Misty, the people at the bus stop, every one has a different story all the way though. They can't arrest until they know what crime they have. Until she is found, dead or alive, they don't have any thing to arrest any one on. I know that sounds harsh, but it is what it is. No body, no crime. Just missing...... I hate it too.

While I think LE would JUMP at the opportunity to question certain people--I don't think they'd jeopardize the investigation and "main goal" with bogus arrests..and they are much more patient than me, I must say. :)

This has been a possible theory I have thought about, too.
Damage to the van-Chelsea stated she did not notice it-Lindsy said she noticed it soon after Haleigh's disappearance when (I assume) the van was driven to Tyler after Chelsea was called about Haleigh. Lindsy then called Chelsea to ask about the damage-Chelsea said she did not do it.

It's a possibility Haleigh may not of been properly secured and hit her head if there was an accident. No immediate signs of injury. When Misty described the Monday evening activities in one of the TM tests she stated Haleigh was riding her bike and (paraphrasing) "she was fine then". This statement has bothered me. Why wouldn't she be fine? Later on Haleigh could of been acting funny,(think Natasha Richardson) Misty noticed and called Ron or TN or AS. AS and Aunt
Elisa (who had a RN license-expired 7/08) were reported by Misty as being there that evening. I think this fact was not to be revealed and it wasn't until a week or so after Haleigh disappeared when the talk started flying about Misty not being home all night so AS stepped in and gave her an alibi. Didn't TN admit to calling AS and asking her to go to Green Lane with the reason being to take clothes to them?

Haleigh could have passed away and we all know what happens when death occurs explaining why the blanket would need to be washed. They all leave Green Lane and well, you know. Misty was told to turn her phone off so it wouldn't ping elsewhere. Jr. was told Haleigh was sick and sleeping and they were taking her to the dr. They don't want LE involved because Ron is responsible for the accident and could lose Jr. By this time TN has Misty and Jr. with her and drop them off at Green Lane, stage the scene, wait on Ron and call 911. Jr. sleeps through everything but is woken up when he hears Ron yelling. TN waits nearby, RC calls her and she arrives. She calls AS and she arrives.

That would explain why Haleigh never had pj's on-she never went to bed! What she was wearing was an overlooked detail in the planning. Misty does not know that Haleigh was not wearing the pink shirt (because she is not the one who removed it or put it where it was found) or forgets. Ron is upset and punches the door/wall whatever, I've heard both stories. The 20 phone calls to Misty and the call to Tommy was to set them up or maybe Ron called Tommy and asked him to remove anything he did not want LE to find from the home.

Ron denies Joe's presence at the home and the gun fight because he is part of the reason for Haleigh's fate and Ron doesn't want him linked to it but TN and Misty aren't filled in on this detail, that is why they stated it did happen, even Misty's parents did an interview blaming Joe, repeating the gun theft and Joe's threat to get even with Ron.

I think Tommy has an idea on who is responsible for what happened to Haleigh but doesn't know a lot of details. It's possible he didn't tell LE about Ron's phone call or his visit to the Green Lane home because Ron threatened him or paid him off in some way to keep his mouth shut. Ron denies asking Tommy to go to Green Lane (he denies everything except for he was at work) he only states he called to ask if Misty was there. It is not known if Tommy called Ron back or Ron called Tommy back after Tommy went to Green Lane house. I think there is no return phone call because Ron already knew Misty was not home and the only reason Tommy went there was to get rid of "stuff" and Ron does not want that known. After the incident in Welaka with Tommy and Ron's arrest I think Ron was scared Tommy was mad enough at him (for treating his sister bad) to spill the beans so Ron did the rat incident. The Saturday after the rat incident when Det. Merchant went to Welaka to speak to Ron AS stated Ron and Misty were in St. Augustine. (stated in police report) Not long after that it was known that that is where Ron's attorney is located-I can't recall right off if that is where Misty's lawyer is located, too.

Ron's first lawyer (Kimball) was no longer representing him. I believe that Ron and Misty were thinking Tommy was going to spill the beans and implicate them in Haleigh's disappearance so they retained lawyers right away. Does anyone know if Shoemaker is representing Ron pro-bono or not? Something Tommy said to Ron that night in Welaka made Ron go after him after AS had broken up the fight and Ron went inside. I have a very good idea what it was. I wouldn't be surprised if Ron threatened to hurt Misty or Tommy's children if Tommy tells and Ron finds out about it. I think Tommy wants to tell what he knows and it is possible he already has. I also think this is why there has also been a drastic change in him since Feb. It is eating away at him.

I don't put much into the dog scent trail because of the way the blankets were handled and the wind. The scent picked up could have belonged to someone else. I am not clear on what was used for the dogs to get the original scent, if it was bedding Ron slept on it could of been his scent the dogs picked, maybe he has walked to the river, Haleigh could have even been with him. Haleigh's scent the dogs picked up away from the river could of been from her taking a walk or riding her bike around the neighborhood.

One problem I have with this theory is that if an auto accident did happen I would think there would be witnesses who saw the accident unless they were in a secluded area.

This is just a theory I have based on people's certain actions, known facts gathered etc, etc.

(bbm) Agree w bold--not the nature of (vehicular) accident per se, however w other points you share re behavior afterward. JMO

:parrot:

This is my first post here at WS, I'm happy to have found you. I have been following this case from the beginning, I can't believe that soon it will be a year.

After reading some recent posts about JO being in the car with Misty, things came together a bit more for my theory.

I think whatever happened to Haleigh happened after school, Misty picked her up at the bus stop. I think they were headed to where Misty got the bad drugs she was complaining about. Something went really wrong and Haleigh was killed. Ron was there, so was Misty, -Joe, Tommy, Lindsey, TN, GGS - they all know what happened. They know Haleigh is dead.

Ron could have followed Misty, or he could have been there before them. I have wondered about the gun that JO and Ron had the fight over, I don't know, maybe Haleigh was injured with the gun. It's so hard to say, because LE has held all of the information so close to the vest. We really don't even know when Ron really arrived at work.

I think they burried her, perhaps at the Aunt's tree farm. I think this because initally they were in serious mourning, and scared. The whole wedding thing was to keep Misty quiet. Ron got those tatoos (of both Haleigh and Ron, Jr.) because he really thought he was going to be arrested and lose Jr. too.

The cover-up began by those close to Ron and has continued. They know Haleigh is gone and that it was a terrable accident (at least in their minds), so why should anyone else like, RC go to prison. After all he was just trying to make some extra money dealing in drugs, like everyone else does...I think his Mother and Grandmother has been making excuses for him his whole life, so why stop now?

If anyone sees holes in my theory please post them. I even wounder about the other kids in the van with Misty, what did they see? Why would Tommy and Lindsey cover for Ron? These are just two off the top of my head, there are more.

I'll have to find the spell check.

Welcome, and thank you for posting your theory. I suspect an event happened before Ron went to work on Monday. Misty said her, Ronald and Jr hung out Monday at home and rested. According to Misty, Ronald picked up his daughter at the bus stop and after he dropped her off, he left for work.

Misty also said on one of the tests arranged by Tim Miller that a service man came by unexpectedly around 5:30 pm. and she called Ronald and he spoke to the service man over the phone. LE unfortunately haven't TMK released any information confirming the AC man saw HaLeigh so we are at a dead end and unable to confirm a confrontation or accident occurred before Ron went to work and HaLeigh was home that evening. AS, HaLeigh's paternal gmma said she saw HaLeigh eating supper on the porch around 7 pm.

Curve,

They haven't arrested Misty for obstruction, she has changed her story 3 times and is the last person with her. The bus stop stories are just one more thing that no one agrees on, not Misty, the people at the bus stop, every one has a different story all the way though. They can't arrest until they know what crime they have. Until she is found, dead or alive, they don't have any thing to arrest any one on. I know that sounds harsh, but it is what it is. No body, no crime. Just missing...... I hate it too.
Bern, what we know about Misty's story and what LE knows is obviously 2 different things. If she lied about picking Haleigh up at the bus stop, she did pick her up and Ron lied and didn't pick her up, and LE knew this, or had a credible witness such as the bus driver, there is no doubt in my mind, one or both of them would be in jail under an obstruction charge. The bottom line about Misty is LE apparently can not prove that she has lied, if they could she would be arrested. I would think who picked her up at the bus stop would be something LE could easily figure out, through the bus driver.

Or perhaps the new Sheriff is inept, and some other agency needs to take the case over, IDK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes