Theory #1: Stranger Abduction by the "Couple in the Car"

Phillip has a conviction in 1977 for a 1976 rape and kidnapping in NV. (though it did say he lived on Market street, but Market street where/what state?) His then wife Christine P (his HS sweetheart) had stated in one of the news articles I found, that she divorced him as a result of/after his convictions in the 1970's. Since the conviction was in 1977, I am assuming Christine, not Nancy, was married to him in 1973. Their marriage and divorce records for Phillip and Christine are listed at Ancestry.com, but I do not have a membership to view the actual dates. Anyone have an ancestry membership that could verify the exact dates?

I'll presume, it is a long shot that Phillip was having a relationship with Nancy during his marriage to CP..... Thus, I do not think Nancy G was the woman Annasbro saw in the car in 1973. But yes, Nancy was married/with Phillip when Jaycee was kidnapped. (I hope this make sense)

hth
No, Nancy met him after Christine divorced him, while he was doing his time at Leavenworth. She visited him while visiting her uncle doing time there!:eek::eek::eek:

No, Nancy met him after Christine divorced him, while he was doing his time at Leavenworth. She visited him while visiting her uncle doing time there!:eek::eek::eek:

Ancestry.com says Phillip and Christine were divorced 10/20/1980.

Ok, this is an awful thought, but it was known when PG was with his first wife, she was unable to get pregnant by him due to a low sperm count. It has been said that PG kidnapped Jaycee so he could give his wife, Nancy children. (I've read both of these in the Jaycee forum, backed with links-not sure if I could find them again....but they are there somewhere) . It is possible, imo, that PG would have abducted Anna to give his first wife- or a mistress- a child to raise. I wouldn't put anything past PG, he's one sick man. I'd also like to know if other woman involved with PG, aside from his first wife and the early 70's rape victim have come forward regarding being involved with him. IF he had taken Anna for his mistress( if he had one) it is possible, his first wife knew nothing of this.... or his relationship with someone else. Unlikley, but not impossible.

also, someone shared this theory with me via pm.... and was uncertain about posting it here, so I decided to go ahead and do so myself. (adding, because I cant take credit for the theory.)

I hope that is not the case, but I think we need to absolutley rule out PG's being in or near HMB when Anna went missing.

Is the detective working Anna's case doing ANY investigation himself regarding PG? In the HMB article, it did NOT indicate he was, he only stated the OTHER departments/jurisdictions investigating that possibility.

Ok, here's another far out there thought. As goofy as this PG is, with his odd and unsual beliefs, can anyone else 'see' GW manipulating PG in any way? (or do you think PG was far too whatever to be manipulated by GW. Is it possible that PG had ANY contact with GW medically? What if GW met PG as his physician? I know PG did not get medical treatment for Jaycee and the two girls, but that does not mean he never had medical treatment himself. GW's working in a 'walk in' clinic might just be the kind of place PG would have sought treatment. Especially if he was trying to 'lay low' so to speak.

Doogie, uh, this might be a question to ask PG's first wife, or brother ( IIRC, one of his brothers was interviewed). Doogie, I wonder what your thoughts are on possibly making contact with PG's brother and/or first wife yourself? especially regarding the possiblity of PG having a child 'from a previous relationship' as that is what he told his mther to explain the presence of Jaycee and her girls.

I hope that makes sense.... not always good at expressing myself in writing.

SherlockJr and I have been discussing possibilities concerning PG. I don't want to give specifics "in forum", but we are working on a plan of investigation. (We don't want to announce in advance what we are looking at in case any "bad guys" are monitoring the site.)

All of these thoughts are good ideas. I had not considered a possible connection between PG and GW. I had thought about the similarities between Garrido and Brody as far as being kooks who seem to have created their own religons.

Thanks Doogie. I understand keeping details off forum. IMO, if GB had an 'agenda' I think he would be the type of person to 'agree' simply to get what he wanted accomplished. PG was certainly close enough to the area to have come in contact with GW as a patient.

I can't find the thread now, but I think it was in the Jaycee threads where someone (Doogie?) mentioned that Anna's brother said NG looked like the woman in the car. We know that she wasn't with Garrido at the time, but do we know where she was and who she was with? Is it possible that she was involved in abductions before ever hooking up with PG?

SherlockJr and I have been discussing possibilities concerning PG. I don't want to give specifics "in forum", but we are working on a plan of investigation. (We don't want to announce in advance what we are looking at in case any "bad guys" are monitoring the site.)

All of these thoughts are good ideas. I had not considered a possible connection between PG and GW. I had thought about the similarities between Garrido and Brody as far as being kooks who seem to have created their own religons.

I've missed this one entirely Dr. D! What "religion" did GB invent? I haven't been able to discern much about his religious beliefs! Can you please post a link or point me in the direction that I might find out more about this!!!

I was wondering if a composite drawing was ever done of the woman that tried to lure Anna into the car in 1972. It is a long shot, but if she was friends of GB or GW, she may have lived by or work with GW. Are there any people still living in the area that could be asked about her? I know it over 35 yrs but she is huge connection to this case.

I was wondering if a composite drawing was ever done of the woman that tried to lure Anna into the car in 1972. It is a long shot, but if she was friends of GB or GW, she may have lived by or work with GW. Are there any people still living in the area that could be asked about her? I know it over 35 yrs but she is huge connection to this case.

bumping the post since this was lost in another thread and moved here earlier today. This is a great question, and I don't know if a composite sketch of the woman who tried to lure Anna in the car was ever done. If it is possible, it is a great idea so she can be compared to other composite sketches or persons convicted of abducting or attempted abduction of a child.

I just finished reading through this thread and wonder if I missed the post of the sketches of the man and 8 year old girl that the nurse saw when she was 17 years old.

What became of this investigation which I thought was a wonderful lead, but seemed to have been dropped when another idea came to the thread.

An update on the lead would be appreciated. tia. :)

I can't find the thread now, but I think it was in the Jaycee threads where someone (Doogie?) mentioned that Anna's brother said NG looked like the woman in the car. We know that she wasn't with Garrido at the time, but do we know where she was and who she was with? Is it possible that she was involved in abductions before ever hooking up with PG?

Wow, I missed this post too! I say this about all the cases, but I will say it here too, things don't happen in a void. Someone has seen something, or knows something. I think about all the steps it takes to take a child and get them from point A to point B. She had to have been taken by a car or some kind of transportation. Someone had to drive, someone had to go get her, someone had to taken her to an airport if she was taken abroad, someone had to record something about a flight, a child, a name of the couple, something. So the sportsmen club may have a unaware witness, the airport, the records of a flight, a passerby, some body. She went missing in broad daylight, and we suspect people known to her. I am just throwing stuff out there, I do that some times to jog an idea or memory. I will go back to my corner now..... think about my letter to the FBI guy that yelled at me the last time..... :furious:

Any updates or rule outs on the possible theories? :angel:

I just finished reading through this thread and wonder if I missed the post of the sketches of the man and 8 year old girl that the nurse saw when she was 17 years old.

What became of this investigation which I thought was a wonderful lead, but seemed to have been dropped when another idea came to the thread.

An update on the lead would be appreciated. tia. :)

bump, b/c I really want to know. tia

bump, b/c I really want to know. tia
The individual we have called "the informant" telephoned Doogie about four years ago after reading an article about Anna in the local newspaper. SherlockJr and I spoke with her at some length and I read all the 1975 and 1976 local newspapers on microfilm, trying to pin down some information about robberies the woman mentioned. SherlockJr investigated rental properties belonging to the woman's father, looking for a tenant named "Bill", which was the only name the informant could give. The woman was not able to provide a description of the tenant (or robber; she was not sure which). This heartening but vague report really gave us nothing else to follow up on.

:bump:

bumping the theory threads back to the top of the page.

FWIW, I have always believed that she was abducted by the couple in the car. I just think it's too much of a coincidence that they tried to lure her into the car a week before she went missing (IIRC). I mean what are the odds, ya know?

FWIW, I have always believed that she was abducted by the couple in the car. I just think it's too much of a coincidence that they tried to lure her into the car a week before she went missing (IIRC). I mean what are the odds, ya know?

You know, in my heart of hearts I do think she was abducted, either by some plan with the folks in the car or what I don't know. But what is bugging me now is 'The Plan' the G's wrote with the date January, 16, 1973. If Anna fell into the creek that day, what a coincidence for dates!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back