Theory #2: Family Abduction by George Waters with George Brody and/or Associates

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am lost. What is the interest in Purissima Cemetery? And the connection to Marin County? Did I miss something? :waitasec:

Dr. Doogie said:
I am lost. What is the interest in Purissima Cemetery? And the connection to Marin County? Did I miss something? :waitasec:
Should be San Mateo County...InterestedNHelping had a hunch that the Purisima Cemetery might have some connection to the case. So far the only obvious connection is that two Hatch family members (for which Hatch Woods, which adjoined our farm, may be named) are buried there. In the early days of 1973 I got permission to use a plot, probably the last one, if we found Anna not alive.

Interested said there were "few recent burials" . What do you mean by that? How long since the last one. It would be interesting to find out if there were any in say 66 - 68, or even up to 1973 of a child or infant. Someone mentioned (sorry I am about to drop and this was my last thread to read tonight) that people used to go to cemetaries and find someone near the age they needed the identity for, the right sex, and then get the birth certificate, and apply for a social - that is absolutely correct. It was in several books on how to disappear or change identity. Back then, children weren't given SS Nos. at birth as they are now and it was apparently an easy thing to get id this way. If there are any females in that age that are buried there, it might be worthwhile to find out and check and see if there is anyone by that name and date of birth, etc. today.

Medusa said:
Interested said there were "few recent burials" . What do you mean by that? How long since the last one. It would be interesting to find out if there were any in say 66 - 68, or even up to 1973 of a child or infant. Someone mentioned (sorry I am about to drop and this was my last thread to read tonight) that people used to go to cemetaries and find someone near the age they needed the identity for, the right sex, and then get the birth certificate, and apply for a social - that is absolutely correct. It was in several books on how to disappear or change identity. Back then, children weren't given SS Nos. at birth as they are now and it was apparently an easy thing to get id this way. If there are any females in that age that are buried there, it might be worthwhile to find out and check and see if there is anyone by that name and date of birth, etc. today.
The last person to be buried there was an 81-year-old woman who died in 2001. Another elderly woman was buried there in 1953 and an older man in 1963. I will look more closely at the other dates, but at a glance I don't see any date which would be likely.

Medusa said:
I questioned that, too.

There is a Thomas Pitcher, 1873-1963 and an Elizabeth Young, 1920-2001.

Those are the two most recent burials at that particular cemetery.

Neither one would seem to fit what was needed in Anna's case.

i looked at all the dates of death on the website and all the dates of death were from the 1800s only a few from the 1900s a few names that struck out at me "Keifer, Phoebe A inscription illegible, except that she died on the 10th" is it possible that if there is a connection when the person went to get a random date off a grave stone at that time you could see the date? does anyone know when this list was made and when the graves were checked?.
another recent death Young, Gertrude (Pitcher), b. 1893, d. 1953 not sure if it has any relevance but it was the only other earliest date besides the one from 2001

smile22 said:
i looked at all the dates of death on the website and all the dates of death were from the 1800s only a few from the 1900s a few names that struck out at me "Keifer, Phoebe A inscription illegible, except that she died on the 10th" is it possible that if there is a connection when the person went to get a random date off a grave stone at that time you could see the date? does anyone know when this list was made and when the graves were checked?.
another recent death Young, Gertrude (Pitcher), b. 1893, d. 1953 not sure if it has any relevance but it was the only other earliest date besides the one from 2001
The list posted was made in August, 2005. An earlier list had been made in 1935. Remember, we have no concrete tangible evidence that connects the Purisima cemetery to Anna's case; we are looking at it because InterestedNHelping had an intuition that the cemetery might be significant in some way.

Annasmom said:
The last person to be buried there was an 81-year-old woman who died in 2001. Another elderly woman was buried there in 1953 and an older man in 1963. I will look more closely at the other dates, but at a glance I don't see any date which would be likely.
Thanks, Annasom! Just a thought. I kind of feel there might be some significance to the visions, and was trying to think of things to do with the ideas.

Medusa said:
Thanks, Annasom! Just a thought. I kind of feel there might be some significance to the visions, and was trying to think of things to do with the ideas.
All thoughts are welcome!

I am glad to see that none of the dates listed are around January 1973, because of the following: There were many disappearances of young girls in the Bay Area in the late 1980's-early 1990's and a man named Timothy Bindner was mentioned as a suspect in some of those cases (he has never been charged in any of the disappearances). When questioned by LE, he offered that the perfect place to hide a body was underneath a coffin in a freshly dug grave - no one would ever think of looking under a legitimately buried coffin. (In other words, a grave is dug for a burial, then someone secretly digs the grave deeper and buries the victim's body there. Once the correct person is buried above the victim, the victim's body would never be found.) This "theory" is all the more creepy when you consider that Bindner was working at a cemetary as a gravedigger!

However, we looked at Bindner earlier and determined that he would have been too young in 1973 to have any involvement in Anna's disappearance. And since there were no fresh graves within ten years either way of 1973, this scenario is not applicable to our case (Thank God!).

Sorry to bring up such a dark option, but I wanted to explain why I have been absent from most of the discussion about the cemetery. I was too creeped out by the possibilities...

It might be worth mentioning that the "wild man with ax" that confronted Annasbro and I (see earlier posts) lived in a ramshackle hut adjacent to the cemetery.

Joe Ford said:
It might be worth mentioning that the "wild man with ax" that confronted Annasbro and I (see earlier posts) lived in a ramshackle hut adjacent to the cemetery.
Hmmm....

Is this the same place that you collected some discarded mail on the Verde Road property? I have those letters/notes in front of me, but they were collected in 1980 - do you know if anyone lived there between the "wild man" and when you gathered the items?

The letters are addressed to Richard Speder and include mail that arrived to a post office box in Chico. Because of this, I suspect that Speder is not the same person as the "wild man". I looked into this guy about a year ago and couldn't find anything on him. Anyone wanna take a shot at it?

Is this your guy? This is listed in the California Death Index, any info on him is traceable by his SS #. Hope this helps.

SPEDER RICHARD N 12/12/1906 KLEIN M NEW YORK RIVERSIDE 11/21/1987 095-03-2577 80 yrs

Dr. Doogie said:
Hmmm....

Is this the same place that you collected some discarded mail on the Verde Road property? I have those letters/notes in front of me, but they were collected in 1980 - do you know if anyone lived there between the "wild man" and when you gathered the items?

The letters are addressed to Richard Speder and include mail that arrived to a post office box in Chico. Because of this, I suspect that Speder is not the same person as the "wild man". I looked into this guy about a year ago and couldn't find anything on him. Anyone wanna take a shot at it?
Yes, this is the same place and, no, no one lived on that wooded property after he disappeared. I had kept a suspiscious eye on it since Anna's disappearance and the confrontation with him.

It was not much more than a small clearing in the wooded area at the end of the road on which we lived. It had what appeared to once had been a field worker's shack and a few ramshackle outbuildings. The clearing around the house was overgrown and littered with trash and discarded household and vehicle junk. It is also where I found the letters with a Washington State return address. if memory serves.

There is no record of his ever having been question by Law Enforcement at that time.

p.s. We did discover that the holders of the property were Bank of America and that Speder was a rentor. His personal details would probably be on a rental agreement, but with no L.E. interest at that time they were inaccessible to us. Maybe they'll take a look now.

InterestedNHelping said:
Is this your guy? This is listed in the California Death Index, any info on him is traceable by his SS #. Hope this helps.

SPEDER RICHARD N 12/12/1906 KLEIN M NEW YORK RIVERSIDE 11/21/1987 095-03-2577 80 yrs
I don't think this is the same person. The man we saw was between 25 and 35 years old at that time. Which would put him about 63 now.

The letters and paycheck stubs that were found are all dated in 1980 which is seven years after Anna's disappearance. It sounds like the "wild man" moved away shortly after January 1973, so Speder is most likely not the same guy. Speder was evidently an employee of what appears to be some sort of ministry named "House of Affirmation" (which I have not been able to locate). Speder evidently moved to the property sometime before January 1980 from the Chico/Oroville, CA area (he was forwarded mail from that area). I have not located any reference to a Washington return address.

The items discovered include an envelope that contained photographs from the local drug store. The pictures are not there, but I just discovered a few negatives in the envelope. There is not anything directly suspicious about the images on the negatives (for instance, no pictures of Anna), but there does appear to be a picture of a man who may be Speder . I will have some pictures made and will post anything of interest.

Corporation[font=Arial, Helvetica]HOUSE OF AFFIRMATION INC. [/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica]Number: C0824297 [/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica]Date Filed: 8/15/1977 [/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica]Jurisdiction: MASSACHUSETTS[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica]Address [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica]49 ELM STREET[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica]WORCESTER, MA 01609[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica]Agent for Service of Process[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica]xxxxx xxxxx[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica]*advertiser censored* [/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica]xxxxxxx STREET [/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica]MONTARA, CA 94037 [/font]

This is listed in CA Corporations. I "x'd" out name and address.

SherlockJr said:
Corporation[font=Arial, Helvetica]HOUSE OF AFFIRMATION INC. [/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica]Number: C0824297 [/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica]Date Filed: 8/15/1977 [/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica]Jurisdiction: MASSACHUSETTS[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica]Address [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica]49 ELM STREET[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica]WORCESTER, MA 01609[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica]Agent for Service of Process[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica]xxxxx xxxxx[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica]*advertiser censored* [/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica]xxxxxxx STREET [/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica]MONTARA, CA 94037 [/font]

This is listed in CA Corporations. I "x'd" out name and address.
Hmmm... SherlockJr, can you send me the name and address? We may be able to get some information about this guy. Thanks!

Oops, you already did. Thanks.

I know a family by that last name (as the person listed as the principal for the corporation). I will look into this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmholden913