These Eyes

Okay lets just say I found information that links Kathleen Jeung and the number for These Eyes 650-8880.

Okay lets just say I found information that links Kathleen Jeung and the number for These Eyes 650-8880.

Thanks facsinatingstuff.
Would you also please re-post some of your other comments on the a, b, c, d...list into the Notes page thread http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=215620&page=4
Things like the the Holloway address vs. writing Hollywood. The Library Towers vs. a photo library. You mentioned something about a phone number exchange that was local to LA. That post had some great info that was not reported before! The fact that KJ and the owner of the photography agency that ties to the "These Eyes" number might have known each other, since they are friends on Facebook.

Looking into the phone number, with California area codes, I also found these....

Top: Santa Ana Orange County Register (9 Apr 1987)
Bottom: Santa Ana Orange County Register (20 Apr 1987)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 349
Looking into the phone number, with California area codes, I also found these....

Top: Santa Ana Orange County Register (9 Apr 1987)
Bottom: Santa Ana Orange County Register (20 Apr 1987)

THese are "want ads" for a secretary in the securities field? Like in working for a stockbroker?

Don't see the connection to Orange County Register. And, is that a reference to a newspaper or to a County office?

That is the name of the publication which I found the ads in. I was doing a search on the phone number in newspaperarchives.

"Area code 909 is a California telephone area code that was split from area code 714 on November 14, 1992." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Area_code_909

I found a securities firm with the area code 909 with this phone number. IF that firm was in existence back in 1997 the phone number may still be the same and the area code changed. Haven't gone any further with it to see how long they've been around.

According to the ad, it is located in Newport Beach, CA.

I just checked the California Corporations site and found that Visages has been called Visages since at least 1981 - December 1981 is when it was incorporated under the name Visages RPS Inc.

I just checked the California Corporations site and found that Visages has been called Visages since at least 1981 - December 1981 is when it was incorporated under the name Visages RPS Inc.

i have talked with the owner of Visages, shes on FB. She has already been interviewed by law enforcement, and doesn't remember FLEK

New here - please be gentle :)

Just a thought: I'm of the opinion that the notes page is part of a scratch pad and little if anything there is relevant to solving the mystery... But if she were taking notes on the phone couldn't the word "visages" if pronounced as in French, "vee-zaj" be easily mistaken for "these eyes?"

New here - please be gentle :)

Just a thought: I'm of the opinion that the notes page is part of a scratch pad and little if anything there is relevant to solving the mystery... But if she were taking notes on the phone couldn't the word "visages" if pronounced as in French, "vee-zaj" be easily mistaken for "these eyes?"

Yes, that was already discussed. So much was discussed about the note pad that it's hard to remember or re-read all the posts. But yes... that was already talked about.

that made me think of that movie with the saved by the bell actress's character in the Showgirls ..she was pronouncing a designer's name wrong the whole time, and it was kind of comical...“Thanks, I bought it at Ver-sayce” when complimented on her Versace dress. wonder if she was trying to remember the correct way to pronounce the word so she wouldn't appear backwards. LA is a harsh place, probably hard to be there in the 80s!

Yes (I'm French) Marysa Maslansky who owned Visages was raised in France so probably she pronounced it the French way, Lori might have received the appointment for the shoot by phone and mistook it for "These Eyes".

Yes (I'm French) Marysa Maslansky who owned Visages was raised in France so probably she pronounced it the French way, Lori might have received the appointment for the shoot by phone and mistook it for "These Eyes".

Just clued into what you are referencing. I live in a French-Bilingual country, we don't pronounce the anglophone word Visage as 'vizij'. Makes sense what you're saying.

My first post and apologies if repeating previous thoughts.

Two things stand out to me about "These Eyes". Firstly, it is a very specific phrase and not one which would ordinarily be used except where it has a clear meaning. I am afraid I do not support ideas that it could be a mistranscription/hearing of something like Visage. That seems too different and Occams Razor says go for the simple explanation - that it is written as intended. Secondly, as noted elsewhere, the writing is very different (especially the 'e's) to the other notes - although the s seems similar. This suggests to me that it is either written at a different time (probably years different) or by another hand. I prefer the former.

The timeline for the notes page is very unclear. It seems certain that it dates to the 80s due to the history of Ben Perkins. I fail to see how the Jennifer Perkins reference can be before '87 given her history. Finally, I note the repeated suggestions that LEK was older than claimed and had a history of dancing in clubs.

Putting this together the simplest explanation I can see for the 'These Eyes' note is that it refers to a booking, most probably for a video or photo shoot related to a recording of the song of that name. The only possibility that this identifies immediately dates to 1981, when the song was released as a single by Natalie Cole. I do not know whether a video was made, but there was certainly a recorded performance (with backing dancers) on the Solid Gold syndicated TV show that year. Of course, there may have been other, less well known cover versions in the 80's which also had shoots. And the contact lens campaign is also possible.

I do not see where this leads but perhaps it will spark thoughts in others.

I'm very confused by this thread. I think I might be missing something. Could someone please explain the connection to FLEK? Was there something in her belongings related to this?

I'm very confused by this thread. I think I might be missing something. Could someone please explain the connection to FLEK? Was there something in her belongings related to this?

Yes J123,
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?215655-Photos-Only-*NO-DISCUSSION*

"These Eyes" along with a couple more info was written on one of the pages of paper that was discovered in FLEK's lock box after her death. People are wondering what the significance of this info is, if it's significant at all.

"These Eyes" is written at the top of a ruled sheet of paper (so it appears) and then it seems as if the sheet of paper was written on from the bottom up to the top of the paper. Who does that? Seems odd.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eagerhuntress
Back