This Verdict Proves My Theory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Karla Holmolka...and they had her committing crimes ON TAPE. She was convicted but didn't serve all that long. She also played the "abuse" card.

Does ANYONE think it is remotely possible that this jury "threw" the verdict because it would make for a more profitable, sellable story?

It has certainly crossed my mind that if the jury would have found guilty of Murder One...or even Manslaughter, there really wouldn't me much marketable in their story....we would all EXPECT that verdict, so why buy the book, etc?

But now that they have SHOCKED the world, I would imagine their "story" would be MUCH more marketable.....let the bidding wars begin....

Good points ...

I am SORRY to say this ... but 12 MORE PEOPLE ... plus 5 ALTERNATE JURORS =

17 MORE PEOPLE TO PROFIT OFF OF THE MURDER OF CAYLEE !

SICK ... ABSOLUTELY SICK ...

MOO MOO MOO

Does ANYONE think it is remotely possible that this jury "threw" the verdict because it would make for a more profitable, sellable story?

It has certainly crossed my mind that if the jury would have found guilty of Murder One...or even Manslaughter, there really wouldn't me much marketable in their story....we would all EXPECT that verdict, so why buy the book, etc?

But now that they have SHOCKED the world, I would imagine their "story" would be MUCH more marketable.....let the bidding wars begin....

That has crossed my mind numerous times today!

And I totally agree with the OP... sadly you are right. :banghead:

I am in agreement with your theory.

(I apologize for not having noticed this thread earlier. A bit ago, I started one asking about whether any sleuthers thought KC's attractiveness, gender or youth had anything to do with the juror's verdict. Sorry about that.)

I found her extremely unattractive during the trial-- she was dressed shabbily, unkempt and wrinkly, she had a dour scowling face most of the time, and when she cried her nose ran so much it caused me to gag. If anything, they must have seen "potential" beauty, because she sure wasn't pulling that image down in front of them. mo

Karla Holmolka...and they had her committing crimes ON TAPE. She was convicted but didn't serve all that long. She also played the "abuse" card.

Karla's sentence was peanuts for what she did, a disgrace and outrage.

However, the "deal with the devil" plea bargain was made BEFORE they had the tapes. Thank Ken Murray (Paul Bernardo's lawyer at that time) for that disgusting matter. Search warrants of their home expired April 30, 1993. May 6, 1993 Ken Murray found the tapes with Paul's instruction. May 14, 1993 plea bargain was finalized with Karla Homolka. May 18 Homolka arraigned 2 counts of manslaughter.

"Seventeen months after Murray received the tapes, he handed them in to the authorities and resigned from the case. A judicial inquiry later found that if the Crown had been in possession of the tapes, Homolka's plea bargain, made in exchange for testimony against her ex-husband, would not have been necessary."

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/serial_killers/notorious/bernardo/21.html

And for the curious about Casey having another child, totally unrelated, but Karla has since had a child and lives in another country now iirc. May God bless her child :(

I think it makes their books less marketable. Would you buy one?

To the original question I do think it plays a part. Of course there are always exceptions but we live in a superficial society. The media every day commented on ICA's appearance. If this had been an unattractive black man would anyone care what he wore into court? In this way, the jury is no different than most people. Life is just easier for attractive people, it is a fact of life.

I'm in the area near where Susan Smith trial went down. Some people to this day think she didn't do it (even after confession) and a black carjacker did. They can't picture a white mother being able to do this.

I don't care if this is controversial or not, but my long held theory is that it is nearly impossible for an attractive, young female to be found guilty of a heinous crime, let alone sentenced to death for it. They receive the benefit of the doubt far more often than not. There are people who still think Darlie Routier is innocent despite the evidence to the contrary. They just cannot imagine the pretty little thing sitting on death row. And now it's happened with Casey Anthony, it appears. The jury just couldn't imagine a pretty little girl, with tears in her big brown eyes, committing such a heinous crime, let alone subsequently being killed for the crime. It's a brutal double standard. If you are a pretty, young female, you can get away with most anything. And even if you are convicted, you will get a much lighter sentence than someone else would. :sick:

Setting precedent. More killers will come and be set free citing this case. JMO.

What about Karla Faye Tucker? She was pretty and she was executed! I think and hope the jury just thought there was reasonable doubt.

Karla Faye was pretty when she was executed but looked frightening at the time of her arrest and trial. Plus, she was not a mother, and her victim was not a child. People can talk all they want about how perps against children are the most despicable but when you look at statistics, people who abuse or kill children are the ones most likely to get leniency in many regions of this country (not sure about stats in Florida).

A young woman where I live killed her newborn and hid the body in an ice chest in her garage. She was found guilty but her sentence was suspended to community probation. She was in court twice in less than a year for violating probation and each time got just a slap on the wrist. She has spent about two weeks total locked up and that was while waiting for to be bonded out before her trial. I am convinced that had she killed her BF instead of their child she would be in prison today.

I said this same exact thing to my helper in my home today. I said if she had been black or mexican or a man, she would have gotten the DP but because she is a pretty young white woman she gets off. Its really sickening.

OJ blows this theory right out of the water, imo.

I don't find her attractive but I agree with your theory. It is well documented that attractive people have it easier in life. The show "What would you do?" often does their scenarios with attractive women versus men, or attractive white women vs minorities and get a completely different response. Now if I could just convince my blonde, tall 14 year old daughter that having long slender legs is a GOOD thing. :sigh:

I do absolutely. They have now ensured themselves a livelihood that will last well beyond the two weeks they could have gotten out of the expected guilty verdict.

I posted this earlier, but it went poof....I said this weekend if Casey had been behind a curtain the entire trial, and the jurors had not been able to see her I think the verdict would have been very different.

OJ was rich. Another example of how justice is not blind.

Yep, rich and famous. Huge difference imo. Viewed more as middle class white "elite" and entitled, therefore exempt . It's sickening to me

The jurors would be fools to publicly identify themselves, as there are people who want to kill them, and they certainly would shun them in society. So I am not sure that is a motive. JMHO.

Heck, look at Lindsay Lohan: rich, famous, and some consider attractive. She could kill 5 people and never see death row.

The jurors would be fools to publicly identify themselves, as there are people who want to kill them, and they certainly would shun them in society. So I am not sure that is a motive. JMHO.

Although I'm not convinced this was a motive I don't think they will stay in hiding. I'd bet my house at least one will try to make some money. The judge may not release their names but family and friends know who they are and it won't stay a secret long. I doubt if anyone will kill them. That's just angry people venting. I'm sure they'll be shunned by many.

Of course the irony is that the country would not have been so fascinated by this case, compared to so many others, if the mother and daughter were not attractive white people in Florida, Has these been obese, ugly people in Nebraska, no one would have noticed in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood