Thread No. 23 - General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm very sorry to hear about Allan Fisher. I had no idea he was battling cancer. What a shame. Now Cassidy has no one to cling to for her mother's side of the family (at least until she is older hopefully.):(

This is so much a family tragedy in every way. I truly hope LE does something soon to eliminate any previous misconceptions that might be held and bring the perp to justice. Michelle didn't ask for anything that happened to her. It really is time to see this case receive justice.

I used to think that it was so strange that there was so little media coverage with the Michelle Young case. I guess I still do, given the media coverage from Janet and now Nancy's murders. I still think there is something very, very strange going on with Michelle's case. I can't help but think that maybe JY's family has paid off media so as not to publicize this case. Janet's case comes up sporadically and Nancy's has gotten more coverage in the beginning weeks but Michelle's seems to have gotten little, if any, media coverage.

I also have to wonder why NC has such a huge problem bringing any of these "husband" related murders even to an arrest stage.

JMO

I wonder this also and I live here! It seems to me that a couple times a month it is reported that somewhere in this state a spouse/significant other has either killed or caused some type of serious harm to their mate. . Like no big deal........:bang::bang::bang::bang: .... Family issue, none of our business.....it upsets me to the point I can't even put it in words.

I used to think that it was so strange that there was so little media coverage with the Michelle Young case. I guess I still do, given the media coverage from Janet and now Nancy's murders. I still think there is something very, very strange going on with Michelle's case. I can't help but think that maybe JY's family has paid off media so as not to publicize this case. Janet's case comes up sporadically and Nancy's has gotten more coverage in the beginning weeks but Michelle's seems to have gotten little, if any, media coverage.

I also have to wonder why NC has such a huge problem bringing any of these "husband" related murders even to an arrest stage.

JMO

Posted via Mobile Device

Part of it may be there has simply been nothing from LE and the past few warrants have been sealed and served at locations away from Raleigh it seems. LE isn't going to tell the media - especially since SBI became involved in the case. Another part may be the number attempts that have been made from Brevard to have reporters fired and the ensuing threats. Since there is no news perhaps it is best to be quiet.

I am surprised NC Wanted hasn't done much except provide a re-run. Seems like they aren't much living up to their cause IMO.

But I don't think the only blame for the silence belongs to the media and will simply leave it at that. 20 months - very sad.

Is there something in the air in North Carolina? It seems like most of the recent pregnant wife murders are occurring there!

I noticed that too but didn't want to say anything... :)

and :Welcome-12-june: :newbie: Traveler and Cheyenne!!

I too came over here as I noticed some activity on this thread... thought I'd better come in and look - but alaso - no arrest... :mad:

Oh well - there IS always tomorrow... :behindbar

Sheriff's deputies sought to have the warrants sealed because they think that the public release of the information may hinder their investigation, according to the affidavit.

"Information included in the search warrant...includes sensitive information which is the subject of an ongoing investigation," according to the affidavit.

Stephens agreed on Friday to seal the warrants for 10 more days after which they will be made available to the public, court records show.

thomasi.mcdonald@newsobserver.com or (919) 829-4533

Snipped from the article posted on the media thread by carolinalady. Thanks!

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/story/1173480.html

I won't count on the 10 days, but we can hope, right????
Wonder why 10 days? Hmmm.
NOW he's got to be looking under every rock and at every shadow.
:woohoo:

I believe I hear huffing and puffing coming from the direction of Brevard :boohoo:

So is the judge telling the LE boys to get it done in 10 days or is the judge saying it's been 6 months and you aren't ready to move yet ? Seems to me the agreement to 10 more days means something.

This is the same judge who just refused to unseal warrants in the Nancy Cooper case because he felt doing so would hinder the investigation and this outweighed the public's right to know. hmmmm

I believe I hear huffing and puffing coming from the direction of Brevard :boohoo:

So is the judge telling the LE boys to get it done in 10 days or is the judge saying it's been 6 months and you aren't ready to move yet ? Seems to me the agreement to 10 more days means something.

This is the same judge who just refused to unseal warrants in the Nancy Cooper case because he felt doing so would hinder the investigation and this outweighed the public's right to know. hmmmm

I'll go with this.....kinda like s*** or get off the pot. Since he did what he did with Cooper - sounds to me like he's saying it wouldn't hinder the investigation with Young...because there is no investigation relating to this particular warrant. In other words - it went nowhere.

I think I need a shot of your optimism....AGAIN, RC!

I'd still like to know what the "sensitive information" is though. Who talked.

"Information included in the search warrant...includes sensitive information which is the subject of an ongoing investigation," according to the affidavit.

ETA Iirc - in one of the warrants we've seen, they referred to Witness A & B or "younger" or something. But I guess the point is that jy will know who it is.

Or an indictment is going to be handed down tomorrow and the 10 days allowed the warrants to remain sealed until after the arrest. Just another possibility.

I sure hope you are right RC
hmmmmmmmmmmmm is right
:blowkiss:

I'll go with this.....kinda like s*** or get off the pot. Since he did what he did with Cooper - sounds to me like he's saying it wouldn't hinder the investigation with Young...because there is no investigation relating to this particular warrant. In other words - it went nowhere.

I think I need a shot of your optimism....AGAIN, RC!

I'd still like to know what the "sensitive information" is though. Who talked.

ETA Iirc - in one of the warrants we've seen, they referred to Witness A & B or "younger" or something. But I guess the point is that jy will know who it is.

Jilly,

My optimism quite frankly is about gone. I'm not impressed with a 20 month investigation and LE getting the DA to ask to still keep warrants sealed.

Sensitive information - could be any number of things but obviously to the judge it is not exactly sensitive if he is only willing to give LE 10 more days. Were it so sensitive I suspect after 6 months there should have been an answer collected. Hope I'm so far off base it is funny but for some reason I can't seem to find much to believe in with this investigation.

Chit or get off the pot sounds closer to the truth to me.

Or an indictment is going to be handed down tomorrow and the 10 days allowed the warrants to remain sealed until after the arrest. Just another possibility.

The 2-14-08 sealed SW's were due to expire this Thursday (180 days). As per the newly ordered procedure, the clerk is supposed to notify the court of this date with notice. Apparently this was done on Friday. It looks like the Judge thinks 180 days is a fair standard for sealing, and threw in an additional 4 days until 8-19-08.
wink.gif

Keep in mind the 'unsealed' sw's of 7/07 were finally sealed 6/08 for 180 days ....available to the public in early December, 2008.

Jilly,

My optimism quite frankly is about gone. I'm not impressed with a 20 month investigation and LE getting the DA to ask to still keep warrants sealed.

Sensitive information - could be any number of things but obviously to the judge it is not exactly sensitive if he is only willing to give LE 10 more days. Were it so sensitive I suspect after 6 months there should have been an answer collected. Hope I'm so far off base it is funny but for some reason I can't seem to find much to believe in with this investigation.

Chit or get off the pot sounds closer to the truth to me.

Gotta agree with you.

Gotta agree with you.

Pretty darn sad commentary isn't it Ms. Jilly ?

This whole sealing bull seems to be hocus pocus. In this case warrants sealed for 180 days, a year old unsealed warrant sealed for 180 days and then another 180 and yet in the Cooper case, to date the warrants are sealed for just 30 days, probably will be sealed again but the point is there is considerable variation in this activity. I hope this case is resolved but I'm not going to hold my breath - something is incredibly messed up IMO.

I wonder if Thomasi committed a typo and meant to type 'for 180 more days'
confused.gif

The more I consider this, +10 days from 8-8-08 makes no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆