Threadiquette & Forum Rules Updates ~ Ask Your Questions Here

Basic rules for this forum are found here--->[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107206"]*~* Welcome Members and Guests to Kyron's Forum *~* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Even if you've been a WS member since dirt, this is a great thread to get started in Kyron's forum. Recently there was a question about linking to blogs. That is usually not allowed, but can be approved in some instances.

NO screenshots!

When you post a pic on Websleuths, you must provide a link to the approved source. This is copyright requirement.

I posted a question on the question thread and part of my question contained the info that Kaine worked from home either every Friday or some Fridays. I know I got that info from either a link or from a post I read here. Another poster asked me for the link to that info, and also a link to the info that TH used a babysitter that AM.
I have looked for where this info came from to no avail. Do any mods or other posters know where I could find this? I don't want to be a part of rumor spreading, but I know I read it here somewhere.
Thanks bunches

abbie

I posted a question on the question thread and part of my question contained the info that Kaine worked from home either every Friday or some Fridays. I know I got that info from either a link or from a post I read here. Another poster asked me for the link to that info, and also a link to the info that TH used a babysitter that AM.
I have looked for where this info came from to no avail. Do any mods or other posters know where I could find this? I don't want to be a part of rumor spreading, but I know I read it here somewhere.
Thanks bunches

abbie

I don't have an answer for you on this one. Keep checking the Q&A thread to see if someone else knows? :waitasec:

New players list: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5321331#post5321331"]Who's Who Kyron Richard Horman Case NO DISCUSSION PLEASE - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

READ THE GUIDELINES THERE AND HERE:
We do not sleuth people unless they are named a POI or are arrested by LE. We only discuss them based on media releases and their possible role in Kyron's disappearance.

Use initials in your posts. And do NOT discuss minors unless it is very vague like "I wonder if the other kids saw Kyron leave with TH that day?"

Yes, we can. We usually use initials for easier posting.

Speaking of...is there a list somewhere of all the standard abbreviations used by members? Many I have sleuthed via the context of the convo; others leave me oblivious. I emailed mods with this query, but thought it might be helpful to other newbies.

TIA (Thanks, in advance?) :bow:

Speaking of...is there a list somewhere of all the standard abbreviations used by members? Many I have sleuthed via the context of the convo; others leave me oblivious. I emailed mods with this query, but thought it might be helpful to other newbies.

TIA (Thanks, in advance?) :bow:

Sure thing! You'll find a brief list at this link - which will link you to a more exhaustive link if you'd like to see it. :)

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107206"]*~* Welcome Members and Guests to Kyron's Forum *~* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Discussions regarding TH's Facebook are allowed if located in the main stream media. Here's a list of sources you may draw from using links:

Main stream media, including Willamette Week

Television

The Levi Page Show

UPDATE:

You may link to comments made by members in the earlier threads about TM's FB page while it was still open.

If you know of another source to be considered, contact us privately and we'll look into it for you.

Remember, TH is not a POI and LE has asked us to be kind when posting on the internet. We can discuss suspicious behavior, but we can't bash or accuse anyone of a crime, or anything along that line. No matter what you believe, think of TH as innocent as you post peculiar behavior.

May we sleuth recently released inmates? the reason I ask is because a thread was started about a crime that happened 32 years ago with similar MO to Kyron's case, the perp was never caught and it was in the same general area. The idea is that maybe this person that was never caught in that case may have been locked away for a diffrent crime, and now released.

Butterfly thanks for asking.

I think not at this time. We can't bring innocent people's names in where this is quite a stretch and in theory stage only. It is too soon to sleuth anyone out on a theory.

thanks Gran... Be sure to let us know when we have the greenlight....... Cause I got ants in my pants, LOL... I NEED SOMETHING TO SLEUTH!!!!!!!!!!!! :O)

“Off-Topic” Posts:

OTPs are posts that do not relate to the original post/topic, or are placed in the wrong category. While we realize threads often expand into different topics, we encourage members to do their best to stick with the original topic, or start another thread. Off-Topic posts are subject to editing or removal at administrative discretion, and without notification. Members that continuously post off topic may have their posting privileges suspended.

Personal blogs:

Personal blogs are to be approved by the mods FIRST. There are a couple of bloggers out there who are not following the standards set by WS. We do NOT bash the families. We do NOT sleuth the families. We are waiting for a POI to be named or an arrest to be made.

There is a blogger who has chosen to do his own search WITHOUT the blessing of LE and the family. We have some of the finest search teams already working on this case WITH the blessing of LE. We will not be linking to this blog at this time.

I know we want some answers. Just as Kaine said in his interview, we have all adopted Kyron as our own. I raised two sons myself and this case is in my home state. It is very difficult to wait.

If I have a link to a (town) media source with what I believe is pertinent information regarding someone I believe may be a major player in this case, can I post it? I haven't seen this information anywhere else on the forum. TIA
Leah

I am not a mod Heg, but the person has to be named in mainstream media and be tied into the case. It cant be like Kyrons great uncle Joe living 5 states away get involved in a car wreck.. KWIM

The references to A l l Voices have been deleted. The site is not verified to be truthful or trustworthy, plus I've had many complaints that there is a virus associated with it. Please do not use it as a reference anymore. Thanks!

While we allowed posters to comment that "maybe" steroids could be involved, it is getting to the point that many think it is a fact now. Plus, it is totally a generalizing comment that could include all body builders. I have family members who are into body building and fitness who do NOT use steroids. Unless someone can back up steroid use in this case, please refrain from using it as a basis for behavior. It is becoming a rumor at this point.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back