TH's emails shed light on Horman split

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to say, but past experience taught her that she could manipulate/endear husband number 2 into loving and adopting her child from marriage number one.

Ohhh, so she was trying to start setting something like that up? Wow. She really was planning on get out of this marriage somehow. She was already looking for a sugar daddy for baby K. And going back to husband #1 to do it? That's about as ballsy at it gets.

I think that is making a huge leap to think she was trying to get one of her ex-husbands back. It seems more like she was just into bragging about her baby.

while possible I agree that is sort of a leap to assume that Terri was courting or considering renewing the romantic relationship with her ex.

I think that is making a huge leap to think she was trying to get one of her ex-husbands back. It seems more like she was just into bragging about her baby.

Or she could've been sending a mass e-mail updating everyone about the baby and his name was included. :innocent:

I don't think it is that strange to send news of a new baby to an ex-spouse if the two are still on good terms.

I had a very acrimonious divorce from my ex (we'd been married 17 years) but after it was over and we'd had time to get our balance back, we both remembered that we were originally friends and over time, we built a new friendship.

When his three sons were born, he sent me an email, lots of pix, the formal birth announcements, etc. I was happy to get them because I believe that the birth of a child ought to be something to celebrate. And of course I sent a gift each time.

Likewise, I send pix of my cats and dogs. And when I get a new one, he sends it a gift!

Just because two people aren't good for each other in a marriage doesn't mean they have to treat each other like dirt afterwards. Looking at my own group of friends, I'd say the "never darken my door again" attitude is uncommon but that may be an artefact of a limited population sample.

I don't think it is that strange to send news of a new baby to an ex-spouse if the two are still on good terms.

I had a very acrimonious divorce from my ex (we'd been married 17 years) but after it was over and we'd had time to get our balance back, we both remembered that we were originally friends and over time, we built a new friendship.

When his three sons were born, he sent me an email, lots of pix, the formal birth announcements, etc. I was happy to get them because I believe that the birth of a child ought to be something to celebrate. And of course I sent a gift each time.

Likewise, I send pix of my cats and dogs. And when I get a new one, he sends it a gift!

Just because two people aren't good for each other in a marriage doesn't mean they have to treat each other like dirt afterwards. Looking at my own group of friends, I'd say the "never darken my door again" attitude is uncommon but that may be an artefact of a limited population sample.

But this was a bad, bad divorce. This wasn't just parting on bad terms, it was about drugs and diseases. Didn't he have HIV or something bad like that? I thought I read that she left him because he was doing drugs or something like that. It just doesn't sound to me like they left on good terms, so why is she bombarding him with her new baby pics now?

I'll agree that she might not be doing it to get him back in her life. I was inferring that from what another poster suggested. I just don't see the two of them as best friends wanting to share their lives with each other, not after all the things she divorced him for. I mean, she got another man to adopt her son! Who does that if they're on good terms with the biological father?

Now maybe for the sake of J, they've learned to communicate over time. Or maybe Tarver has been really nice to Terri over the years since the divorce for the sake of J. I will agree to that. I still think Terri has a filter problem. I still think she's either bragging to get back at him, or doesn't realize that her ex doesn't necessarily want to hear all about her new baby. It reminds me of the sexts. MC kept giving her cues that he wasn't falling for it, yet she continued on like she thought he was totally into her. I'm wondering if it's not the same thing here, Tarver being nice and Terri taking that as he wants to know about her new baby when in fact he's given cues to the contrary that she's ignoring.

I just don't think Terri has the best judgment when it comes to people. She thinks she knows what's going on and she really doesn't. She doesn't pick up on cues that tell her otherwise or willfully ignores them. I think that's a big reason that I believe she did plan to get rid of Kyron but that it did NOT go the way she thought it would.

Would the ex-husbands have said that they don't think that Terri could ever hurt a child if they had received emails from her saying she wanted to hurt a child?

I dunno but I think the baby photos to exes thing might be a form of one-upmanship. "Look how great I'm doing without you..."

Would the ex-husbands have said that they don't think that Terri could ever hurt a child if they had received emails from her saying she wanted to hurt a child?

I dunno but I think the baby photos to exes thing might be a form of one-upmanship. "Look how great I'm doing without you..."

I'm thinking she's that person no one wants to make angry or be the recipient of her wrath, so everyone walks around her on eggshells and is nice to her even though they don't really like her. Ecker dared to challenge her once and got his child support payments raised. Grant it, they probably don't want to believe she would ever hurt a child, but I'm thinking what they say about her to the media is different than what they really think in private.

I do think it could be one upmanship too, though. It still strikes me as odd that she's sending pics of new baby to an ex. I don't have any exes I would do that with. Actually, I hardly have any exes at all (and I mean guys I dated at one time. I've never been divorced), and live a state away from them now, so I'll admit I probably don't have the experience on this one to be sure.

Terri was thrilled when K was born in December 2008. Tarver said she had always wanted a girl. Terri's enthusiasm spilled onto her Facebook page, which has dozens of photos of the cherub-faced carrot-topped girl with blue eyes. She also flooded Tarver and other acquaintances with photos and e-mail updates of the baby's progress.

He thought that was unusual because he wasn't close to her family.

Mainly, their relationship has consisted of exchanging kids. Once a month, they would converge at Shari's Restaurant in Springfield and do a swap, with J staying with Tarver and his new wife, and Kyron going with Desiree and her husband.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_hormans_blended_family_f.html

Once a month, they would converge at Shari's Restaurant in Springfield and do a swap, with J staying with Tarver and his new wife, and Kyron going with Desiree and her husband.

bbm Once a month?

Terri was thrilled when K. was born in December 2008. Tarver said she had always wanted a girl. Terri's enthusiasm spilled onto her Facebook page, which has dozens of photos of the cherub-faced carrot-topped girl with blue eyes. She also flooded Tarver and other acquaintances with photos and e-mail updates of the baby's progress.

Mainly, their relationship has consisted of exchanging kids. Once a month, they would converge at Shari's Restaurant in Springfield and do a swap, with J staying with Tarver and his new wife, and Kyron going with Desiree and her husband.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_hormans_blended_family_f.html

I find this all the more infuriating and indicative that she only had Ecker adopt J. because he was more well off than Ron. She thought Ron an unfit father to the point that she had Ecker adopt J, and then she continued to allow Ron visitation with J.

Makes NO SENSE at all, unless it was for the support.

And since Ecker adopted J, Ecker is by law his father. What does that make Tarver? His "biodad?"

I think it was stated that Desiree's ex drove once a month and Terri once a month?
So that would still have Kyron going south twice a month...

I think it was stated that Desiree's ex drove once a month and Terri once a month?
So that would still have Kyron going south twice a month...

I just reread the article and it doesn't say that. I wonder if this was before Kyron was in school and he actually lived with Desiree half the month...

Back OT, which is ...

Why did LE show DY and KH the (according to DY) "hate" emails re: Kyron? {And an adjunct question ... did LE have these emails for some time? Or are they newly discovered info?)

IMO? To let whoever received these emails know that they're outed, and to let TH know SHE's been outed for sending them.
"Desiree Young appeared on Today Monday morning. She talked about explosive emails that police showed her just last Friday. Sources told KGW that the emails were sent from Terri to an extended member of the family in the weeks just before Kyron's disappearance."

http://www.kgw.com/news/kyron-horma...Talks-About-Disturbing-Emails--108170584.html

If we believe this (and since it's from KGW, I sorta do) an "extended member of the family" received the "hate" emails from TH during the weeks leading up the Ky's disappearance.

Why were these emails released to KH and DY, at this 'late date'? IDK. But *maybe* the police, in the course of other investigations, were only recently able to attain a search warrant for the "hate" emails.

MOO. However ... here is my speculation based on my belief in LE: There is more behind the "hate" emails ... much more. We must be patient. And we will see.

bbm

I share your thoughts...especially the bolded one!

Terri was thrilled when K was born in December 2008. Tarver said she had always wanted a girl. Terri's enthusiasm spilled onto her Facebook page, which has dozens of photos of the cherub-faced carrot-topped girl with blue eyes. She also flooded Tarver and other acquaintances with photos and e-mail updates of the baby's progress.

Thank you, GrandmaJ! I knew I wasn't crazy. The man himself said it's unusual! I thought I had read that, but could not remember where. My sanity remains intact, lol.

I have only read the first 100 messages, and as much as it annoys me when people post information that may be covered later in the thread, simply because they could not be bothered to read to the end FIRST, I am doing it myself.

Is it POSSIBLE that LE knew Des would release the information... and that the purpose was to get the information to Terri's attorneys? As you've said, they can't disclose anything DIRECTLY to the attorneys until charges are brought, but maybe they want the Houze to start asking Terri some tough questions. I am pretty sure he did not know about the emails until Des mentioned them.

Do you think Terri's attorneys JUST learned about these emails talking about hating and doing harm to Kyron...and that's WHY the request for visitation was withdrawn so suddenly and seemingly inexplcably?

Do you think Terri's attorneys JUST learned about these emails talking about hating and doing harm to Kyron...and that's WHY the request for visitation was withdrawn so suddenly and seemingly inexplcably?

I think you're right. I think those two lawyers are none too happy with their client right now. I think she lied to them about a lot of things and these hate emails are just the latest she forgot to mention to them.

I have only read the first 100 messages, and as much as it annoys me when people post information that may be covered later in the thread, simply because they could not be bothered to read to the end FIRST, I am doing it myself.

Is it POSSIBLE that LE knew Des would release the information... and that the purpose was to get the information to Terri's attorneys? As you've said, they can't disclose anything DIRECTLY to the attorneys until charges are brought, but maybe they want the Houze to start asking Terri some tough questions. I am pretty sure he did not know about the emails until Des mentioned them.

Also, Kaine and Desiree are not on the same page right now. I doubt Desiree would do anything to help Kaine out. It's been said anyway that the both of them saw these emails, so no, I don't think the police told Desiree to mention these emails so Terri's lawyers would find out about them. I think Desiree was just shocked and destroyed by those emails and had to speak out about it. I don't blame her.

I think you're right. I think those two lawyers are none too happy with their client right now. I think she lied to them about a lot of things and these hate emails are just the latest she forgot to mention to them.

Also, Kaine and Desiree are not on the same page right now. I doubt Desiree would do anything to help Kaine out. It's been said anyway that the both of them saw these emails, so no, I don't think the police told Desiree to mention these emails so Terri's lawyers would find out about them. I think Desiree was just shocked and destroyed by those emails and had to speak out about it. I don't blame her.

And to your last point, when asked about the emails...Kaine told the reporter that he would confirm them...but was not going to comment on them because they were confidential part of the investigation.

I think Desiree becomes so intensely infuriated and ripped apart by the things she learns..that she occasionally gives us more insight perhaps than intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR197708